TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest INXS

Disturbing pictures from Over The Edge 99

Not really anything disturbing there.

It's just saddening to see.

It's still amazing there seemed to be no blood, that was always one of the most shocking things. It's a damn tragedy his life had to end like that.

For those that may want to look but aren't sure, the pictures are just a very high overhead shot of Owen lying in the ring before staff rushes in to help him. It's not extremely disturbing but it did make me feel very sad again for his family. Most of the pictures are extremely blurry as well

If anything, the guy needs his backside kicked for drawing a STICK FIGURE to show where Owen would hit the ring. Why couldn't he just put an X? Why the stick figure. That is the only thing that disturbed me in all of the pictures, the last one.

Still stupid.

No matter how you intend it, it looks really really disturbing. The rest isn't, the little blue stick figure kinda is.

Seen it.

Not only was I surprised there was no blood, I was surprised he didn't go through the ring.

Why would there be blood? Internal, if anything, but highly unlikely that there'd be external bleeding in this particular incident.

Guest Trivia247

Isn't this like 6 years old? why would it be on the current WWE folder? Why remind us?

and oh no we wouldn't think you disturbed with that wholesome Avatar you got there....

Well he landed on the turnbuckle, didn't he? Then he bounced?

Ugh, there's a visual.

I think he broke his neck when he hit the turnbuckle, and the trauma caused his heart to stop beating, which explains the lack of blood. When Lawler went into the ring, he was already dying.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Martha Hart says that that Francois Pincoit guy that the WWF had as a trainer/ quick fix doc (WWF mag even did a write up of him) was hovering over Owen and was giving out ludicrious orders and not letting the EMTS do what was needed. Not that Owen had a chance. As far as him falling through the ring...Foley says in his 2nd book that there was a groove/dent in the ring where Owen landed and the guys had to kinda work around it.

This site has been around for years, I'm surprised most of you guys haven't seen it.

I haven't read Martha's book, but I heard it's got a lot of details on it...I had not heard that about the WWF's trainer before. I don't think he's employed with the company anymore, but I may be wrong.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
Martha Hart says that that Francois Pincoit guy that the WWF had as a trainer/ quick fix doc (WWF mag even did a write up of him) was hovering over Owen and was giving out ludicrious orders and not letting the EMTS do what was needed. Not that Owen had a chance. As far as him falling through the ring...Foley says in his 2nd book that there was a groove/dent in the ring where Owen landed and the guys had to kinda work around it.

If i remeber correctly, Martha said he was worried about moving Owens arms or legs or something since they could be broken when he was obviously suffering from severe head trama

Guest BrokenWings

If my memory serves correctly, in Martha's book she said that one of the main passages to the heart was ripped from it upon impact with the turnbuckle. There was no chance.

I've seen the site before. Not disturbing, but deeply saddening.

What would have happened had he missed the turnbuckle, and landed in the ring? Still automatic death?

Sigh.

Guest MikeSC
If my memory serves correctly, in Martha's book she said that one of the main passages to the heart was ripped from it upon impact with the turnbuckle. There was no chance.

I've seen the site before. Not disturbing, but deeply saddening.

What would have happened had he missed the turnbuckle, and landed in the ring? Still automatic death?

Sigh.

Probably massive internal injuries that would have been equally lethal.

-=Mike

Just thank God he didn't land on the ringpost or on the ring ropes or something more disturbing.

Guest Failed Mascot

When his head hit the turnbuckle he did indeed fracture his neck and there were probably damages to his heart. I still remember reading somwhere however that he died in the ambulance of a massive brain aneurysm from the fall which isn't surprising.

many fans of wrestling are still "marks" who because Owen was a "heel" when he died, they think it was deserved.

What. The. Fuck.

Idiot.

Sad fact is its somewhat true. Kids at my school said he deserved it for what he did to Austin a day after it happened.

Owen died in the ring unofficially. They were trying CPR on him in the back on the way to the ambulance. In the ambulance, efforts were stopped and Owen was pronounced dead.

Guest JMA
many fans of wrestling are still "marks" who because Owen was a "heel" when he died, they think it was deserved.

What. The. Fuck.

Idiot.

Sad fact is its somewhat true. Kids at my school said he deserved it for what he did to Austin a day after it happened.

I remember some kids at my school saying similar things about Pillman after he died.

Guest INXS
Isn't this like 6 years old? why would it be on the current WWE folder? Why remind us?

As far as I am aware, that site contains previously unseen fan pictures of what happened, as well as a detailed account of the events surrounding Owen Hart's death. It's in the WWE folder because Owen Hart was employed by WWE and died in a WWE ring during a WWE PPV. The post isn't a "reminder" of what happened at all.

Guest Trivia247

depending on the age or maturity level of the kids.

Who could appreciate Bobby Heenan for what he was when your 10 and just think he is a mean man back in the 80's. Had he have died then who knows what we would have thought when we were young and dumb.

Just thank God he didn't land on the ringpost or on the ring ropes or something more disturbing.

Thank god, the Blue Blazer promo was being shown, so know one in the audience, has far as I know. Could videotape the incident.