TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

The One and Only "24" Thread.....

Guest T®ITEC

What hour are they up to now? I gave up on following the series after the first episode this season.

Not that it was bad, but it just wasn't enough to keep my attention. I guess.

Guest chirs3
What hour are they up to now? I gave up on following the series after the first episode this season.

Not that it was bad, but it just wasn't enough to keep my attention. I guess.

Tonight's was 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.

Guest Vern Gagne

I don't have a problem with the father being a heel but a terrorist heel is a bit of a stretch.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
NBC rose to the top at 9 p.m. with a repeat of "Frasier" and another episode of "In-Laws" averaging 7/11, followed by FOX with "24" (6.5/10) and CBS on third place with a repeat of "The Guardian" averaging an 6.3/10 for the hour, enough to beat ABC's repeat of "Life with Bonnie," (5.5/9) and "Less than Perfect" 5.4/8. The WB was fifth with a repeat of "Smallville," 4.2/6, while UPN languished in sixth with the comedies "Girlfriends" and "Half and Half" averaging 1.9/3 for the hour.

So its good news for 24, as there was a slight improvement in the ratings, muchly due to CBS airing rerun of the Guardian which is usually the #1 show at 9pm on Tuesday, but obviously next week the rating will slightly decrease again when CBS airs fresh episodes again.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

My friends mother told me that he was going to be the terrorist a couple weeks ago when he told his daughter that he had checked the groom out too, and he didn't find anything despite checking more thoroughly than her.

Then I figured that he was using him because he would fit the profile of a terrorist.

Guest Vern Gagne

It seems kinda p.c. to me. Having the white guy be the real terrorist. Muslems terrorist are the ones that are trying to kill us. I understand it's only a show but shouldn't it be more true to life than this.

Hopefully I'll be wrong, and the father embezzled some money.

Guest El Satanico

Hopefully neither of the guys involved with the wedding storyline ends up being a terrorist.

It would be cheesy if either of them are a terrorist. On one side you'd have "oh yeah of course the guy of arab descent is a terrorist...all of them all". And the other side just reeks of being overly PC.

Spare us all and have it end with a different twist not involving one being a terrorist.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like it since it plays off of the stereotypical terrorist profile and could have a deeper storyline with the father using that as his cover.

Of course they wouldn't blow all of that this early.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah i don't mind the storyline, but i just hope it has a twist at the end of it and isn't just "he's a terrorist"

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I have no fear.

Tony will NEVER bring any useful information out of this storyline.

It just isn't his style.

Guest EQ

You know... I liked all the points that everyone made so far...

But I have to say a few things...

Nina looked MAD EVIL on those monitors before Jack went in to the interrogation room. It's amazing how different of a vibe she gives off now (compared to pre-heel Season 1 Nina).

I marked out like a bitch when the guy that was with Jack and Nina passed out (after Jack drugged him). Did you see the look on Jack's face when he looked at Nina just as she was starting to realize that she was *really* fucked?

My reaction:

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

EDIT --

I love Kim, but the whole thing with Megan... GIVE ME A BREAK. I hate Megan. I went NUTS when Jack said to Kim a few episodes back: "sorry hunny, You're just going to have to let that go" (in regards to Megan). MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY. Jack is the man, except for when he shot that dog. :angry:

Oh yeah, if the terrorist marriage thing doesn't somehow tie into the overall angle in a way that satisfies me, I will be pissed

Guest chirs3

Ok, after thinking about it...

I predict that Kate's father did something illegal, though nothing to do with terrorism - I bet he got Reza the money to buy his soon-to-be-wife the new house. Kate's dad probably has nothing to do with the terrorists, but by the time Tony gets this right, Reza will have taken his car and fleed from the scene. Maybe Kate'll follow him.

Guest areacode212

"He's going to put a bullet in my head and then he's gonna turn the gun on himself!"

"We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself"

Oh yeah! I hope Nina sticks around for the rest of the day, so we get more priceless exchanges like that. The Mason scene was good too, and I'm glad they never found his offshore bank account.

It's little things like that (Mason's offshore account that was part of the first ever 24 episode) that make me proud to watch that show. I'd like to know what Nina did to the terrorist with the gift card too.

Mason and his son almost made my eyes tear....didn't know Xander Berkeley had that in him.

Dames

Guest chirs3

You know, before now, I didn't get why everyone was so hard on Kim. Sure, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I didn't think she was a total idiot.

Then I saw the "Previously, on 24", and saw her look towards the guy's car and say "Get his keys" (I didn't catch that last week), and suddenly, it all became clear. She IS a total idiot.

Other than that, another great episode tonight. I particularly enjoyed Jack's constant torturing of Nina (forcing her to change in front of him, the adorementioned "We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself", the end bit with her at gunpoint)...

Guest areacode212
It's little things like that (Mason's offshore account that was part of the first ever 24 episode) that make me proud to watch that show.  I'd like to know what Nina did to the terrorist with the gift card too.  

Mason and his son almost made my eyes tear....didn't know Xander Berkeley had that in him.  

Dames

Same here. I've never seen that side of him (I only know him from those roles where he's a dick, like Terminator 2 and Air Force One).

I didn't quite catch this...did Nina use the gift card on the terrorist, or...does she still have it on her, waiting for the right moment to strike??

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I haven't seen too many of Berkeley's roles, but he did play a good guy (although he was still somewhat of a dick) in Gattaca.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I really liked tonight's episode. Minimal time with Kate, and minimum but effective time on the Kim storyline.

I also only started watching this season, but gawd, Sherry IS a bitch. My friends weren't lying. Talk about oozing ick.

I think the most remarkable thing about this season--and something I really hope they keep up--is what they're doing with Mason. We often see movies about death and people dealing with cancer or something they know is going to kill them, but we're getting an in-depth minute by minute look at a man who knows his life is over. It's really powerful, absolutely great writing, and something I've never seen before.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Very good back to back episodes. Hoping that next weeks is a good as well.

Guest GeneMean

I've really enjoyed the last couple of shows as well, the only damn problem I had with last night was right before the show went on, FOX aired a spot featuring the cop going through the trunk and Kim freaking out.

Guest starvenger
You know, before now, I didn't get why everyone was so hard on Kim. Sure, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I didn't think she was a total idiot.

Then I saw the "Previously, on 24", and saw her look towards the guy's car and say "Get his keys" (I didn't catch that last week), and suddenly, it all became clear. She IS a total idiot.

Other than that, another great episode tonight. I particularly enjoyed Jack's constant torturing of Nina (forcing her to change in front of him, the adorementioned "We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself", the end bit with her at gunpoint)...

So true. I mean, pyscho dad's catchphrase is "I WILL kill you". I suppose we'll see more Latin-Fu next show and Calamity Kim get into more trouble.

I like the fact that it stayed focused on Jack and the President and kept everything else to a minimum. The wedding subplot's getting folded in to the main plot but I guess we've got Mason's son in a subplot now. I hope for his sake he's not as dumb as Kim...

Guest MD2020

So true. I mean, pyscho dad's catchphrase is "I WILL kill you". I suppose we'll see more Latin-Fu next show and Calamity Kim get into more trouble.

I like the fact that it stayed focused on Jack and the President and kept everything else to a minimum. The wedding subplot's getting folded in to the main plot but I guess we've got Mason's son in a subplot now. I hope for his sake he's not as dumb as Kim...

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Early in the season, when the pyscho dad is threating Kim with prision and being arrested, I was thinking "Go ahead--her dad's in CTU. I'm pretty sure he can pull a few strings". The fact that she was so worried made me believe she's truly an idiot.

I also loved that "We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself" line.

Guest areacode212
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Early in the season, when the pyscho dad is threating Kim with prision and being arrested, I was thinking "Go ahead--her dad's in CTU. I'm pretty sure he can pull a few strings". The fact that she was so worried made me believe she's truly an idiot.

Maybe she had scary flashbacks from last season's jail cell.

Guest areacode212

Nina by herself is worth 20 of those annoying blonde bitches. I'm glad we had 30 Kim-free minutes this week (even though I like her a lot more this season), but the first half-hour was tainted by YET ANOTHER whiny fight between the Warner girls.

I think we've seen the last of Mason's son this season. There's a lot going on right now, and I don't see them going with a new subplot involving him, unless he reappears much later on.

So...did anyone else get the feeling that someone in Palmer's little meeting was a mole, and it wasn't either of the obvious choices (Ensign Ro & LadyMac)? My gut tells me that Mike is involved in The Plot against The Prez, just because he's the least suspicious one (he was so loyal last season).

Guest Luke Cage

Fox should create a "Stupid-O-Meter" that appears on screen everytime Kim appears. It could be like the old applause meters...

Kim hangs up on Jack when he tells her to get out of LA (needle twitches)

Kim leaves kid with head trauma behind boxes in an alley (needle hits mid range)

Kim involves her boyfriend in kidnapping and car theft (needle goes way over into red zone)

Guest El Satanico

What exactly happened at the end of this weeks episode? I missed the very end after they were pulled over.

Guest starvenger
What exactly happened at the end of this weeks episode? I missed the very end after they were pulled over.

Satinico - check your PM.

Guest El Satanico

Satinico - check your PM.

Oh alright...thanks for the info.