TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slingshot Suplex

The Official Gateway Championship Wrestling Thread

Guest Slingshot Suplex

They cancelled the DeSoto show and I was geeked for it next weekend.Now I probably have to wait for Cape Girardeau in May.

Guest Gary Busey

Yeah, when I head back to STL this summer, I plan on attending a lot of their shows.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Charter Communications Missouri and St. Clair County, IL Channel 18

Saturdays 12 noon

City of St. Louis, Double Helix Channel 22

Mondays 4:30 pm and Saturdays 5 pm

courtesy of http://www.gatewaywrestling.com/

I haven't seen any though.I'm a couple hours outside of St Louis

Guest PowerPB13

I'm a big GCW fan too...I've followed them since almost the very beginning. Cool to see that the fanbase is growing...

The GCW TV show is still on, but they haven't taped TV-exclusive stuff since they left the old training center late last year...nowadays they play matches from their house shows. This past Saturday's edition had the top two matches from the anniversary show, Dingo vs. Delirious and Lynn vs. Kash.

I live in the St. Louis area so I usually go to the shows that are close by like Aggies', Overland, or Belleville...but I work weekends most of the time so I don't always get to the shows. :P

BTW, nice photo in your sig, Slingshot Suplex...I should know because I'm the one that took that picture. :) Just uploaded pictures from the anniversary show and the following night's Adults F'n Only show for my page(*thumbs up, cheap pop*), so check those out if you get the chance: http://members.aol.com/PowerPB13/gcwpics.htm

Just saying hello, I suppose...

-Patrick

Guest Ravenbomb

hey, a reason for me to come into this forum now!

Pics are back, I'll get them uploaded and online soon

Guest Slingshot Suplex

So you're the Patrick from the GCW board? Yeah,I needed a good shot of MsChif and I bagged this one. Good work on your part.

I live down toward Sikeston so I have to settle for Cape and I've been to one DeSoto show. I'm hoping they can start coming down this way on a semi regular basis. And if I ever get off my lazy ass,I'd post some of my pics online as well. I've been talking about it for 2 years and just haven't gotten around to it.

Guest PowerPB13

How things differ, for me the DeSoto and Cape G shows are an hour-plus drive each way. Overland, Belleville, and Aggies' shows are a bit closer to home. Haven't been to any Cape Girardeau shows yet, but I've been to a handful of DeSoto shows(second Wrestlefest, The Night The Music Died, one or two others).

-Patrick

The end of a really friggin' great match.

gcwooc10.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Hey,I don't wanna hear that! DeSoto is over 2 hours drive one way for me. Unfortunately,other than Cape (about 45 minutes) , it seems to be the next closest place to get my fix. But I will eventually get to one of the AO shows.

Guest PowerPB13

Or, if all else fails, you can just watch XPlosion and catch the GCW guest appearances on there(if you get the show). :) So far Matt (Sydal), Delirious, Billy McNeil, MsChif, Daizee Haze, and more recently Ryan Ash have made appearances on there, and from what I've heard, it wouldn't surprise me to see those guys and more from GCW make return appearances.

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Daizee and Delirious worked a LAW show in Poplar Bluff last month so that was a nice little unexpected bonus.

I need my live fix!

Guest PowerPB13

I don't know if I'll make it to this month's shows, but for different reasons...my work schedule recently increased, which means that I now have to ask off work to go to any GCW show(whereas previously I only had to ask off for the Saturday shows). Hopefully I'll make it to one or two of the May shows though.

The GCW schedule as I know it:

Friday April 18th in Overland(Dan Severn vs. Searcher, Dingo vs. Chaz Wesson for the GCW Title, Makaze vs. Outtkast for the LHW Title)

Friday April 25th in Belleville, IL(Dingo vs. Kevin Sharp for the GCW Title, Makaze vs. Matt for the LHW Title, Nikodemus Ravendark vs. OuTtKaSt, Billy McNeil & Rat Boy vs. Delirious & MsChif vs. Double Negative)

Friday May 16th at Aggies' in downtown St. Louis(Adults F'n Only)(Sandman works this show)

Saturday May 17th in Cape Girardeau(Sandman works this show)

Friday May 23rd in Overland

Saturday May 24th in DeSoto

-Patrick

GCW Champion Diamond Back Dingo...respect him, or he'll suplex you on your head. That is all.

gcwooc22.jpg

Guest Ravenbomb

man, Delirious got ROBBED during that match, he should've won and kept the title...stupid Dingo...

Guest PowerPB13

Just announced on the GCW message board, the next Adults F'n Only show will be on Saturday, April 26th at Aggies'...nothing yet announced, but they are promising GCW's first Bra & Panties match...

-Patrick

gcwtourney19.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Yeah,I saw that today.There is a very good chance I'm going to that one.

Guest Slingshot Suplex
Just announced on the GCW message board, the next Adults F'n Only show will be on Saturday, April 26th at Aggies'...nothing yet announced, but they are promising GCW's first Bra & Panties match...

-Patrick

Watch it be Sean Vincent.... :throwup:

Or like the BBB vs Jack Adonis I Quit match.

I can't see MsChif doing it so that leaves Daizee and Sea.... :throwup:

Guest PowerPB13
Watch it be Sean Vincent.... :throwup:

Or like the BBB vs Jack Adonis I Quit match.

I can't see MsChif doing it so that leaves Daizee and Sea.... :throwup:

Well, thank you for that mental image... :P

I'll hold out hope for a return appearance by Trinity or even the debut of a new trainee or something(a previous update had hinted at a new female competitor debuting soon)...but...err...

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex

If Sean Vincent isn't in the match,I almost guarrantee either he's the ref or does a strip run-in.

Any recommendations for more tapes? If I go to Aggie's the 26th,chances are I'll buy at least one tape.

Guest PowerPB13

Tapes...hmm...

-The Night The Music Died, Dingo vs. Ash was great.

-Most of the Adult shows have something worthwhile, depending on your taste...one of my favorites was the Ash vs. Outtkast hair vs. hair ladder match from #2.

-Wrestlefest 2 had Kevin Sharp vs. Strychnine, Ben vs. D'Mon exploding barbed wire, Ash & McNeil vs. Adonis & Dingo best-three-out-of-five-tables.

-Vettatober had a fun Strychnine vs. Wesson title match.

-Mayday Mayhem for Elix Skipper vs. Matt.

-Blackburn Brawl had Adonis vs. Wesson, Ash vs. Dingo vs. KaSt vs. Matt, McNeil vs. Sharona.

-TLC X-Mas had the big TLC match between McNeil and Dingo plus cool matches with Delirious-Matt and Sharona-Outtkast.

-RVD show was great top-to-bottom, but you might need to pick up a home video ordering catalogue to get that one.

-Patrick

Balls Mahoney vs. D'Mon G

gcwbeating20.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

The only one I have is AO 7 with the Strychnine vs Madden exploding barbed wire match. I'm just getting my feet wet.

And I gotta get a shirt

Guest PowerPB13

I had to work tonight, but I got to Overland in time to see about two and a half matches...I arrived in the middle of Delirious & MsChif vs. D'Mon & Vincent. MsChif pinned Vincent after Chaz Wesson hit Vincent with the sledgehammer by mistake and MsChif hit her own version of the Pedigree.

Also saw Dan Severn vs. Searcher(Severn made him tap to a dragon sleeper) and Dingo vs. Chaz(Dingo won via rollup).

From talking to someone who was there, Makaze retained against OuTtKaSt, Jynx was the unlikely winner of the random draw triple threat that also included Billy McNeil and Matt, Daizee beat Rat Boy, Nemesis beat Bacardi, Jackal beat a Super Castaldi, and Kevin Sharp beat Johnny Greenpeace.

More detail on the rest once Dorian Sinclair posts the results on the GCW message board.

Also, Matt and Billy told me that some of the GCW wrestlers would be working XPlosion matches again this coming Wednesday...go them. :)

-Patrick

One of the coolest finishers in wrestling, Nikki Strychnine's Lethal Injection

gcwfinale21.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex
Also, Matt and Billy told me that some of the GCW wrestlers would be working XPlosion matches again this coming Wednesday...go them. :)

-Patrick

So,if I get the show Wednesday (which I was kinda planning on anyway),I'll see them? :cheers:

If the car is intact,I'm 87% sure that I'm going Saturday.

And how come they have so many masked guys?

Guest PowerPB13
Also, Matt and Billy told me that some of the GCW wrestlers would be working XPlosion matches again this coming Wednesday...go them.  :)

-Patrick

So,if I get the show Wednesday (which I was kinda planning on anyway),I'll see them? :cheers:

If the car is intact,I'm 87% sure that I'm going Saturday.

And how come they have so many masked guys?

Well, they're working XPlosion matches, so I don't THINK you'll see them on Wednesday, but if you get the syndicated XPlosion show, you'll see them on there. A few of them have worked matches for XPlosion in the past and they're getting another shot(Matt, Delirious, McNeil, Daizee, MsChif, and Ryan Ash have worked matches on XPlosion in the past). If I remember right, it's McNeil, Matt, Delirious, and Daizee making the trip this Wednesday.

As for the masked guys...maybe they're really ugly underneath? Maybe they need to keep secret identities? The world may never know... :)

-Patrick

Nikki Strychnine vs. Madman Pondo

gcwbigtop11.jpg

Guest Ravenbomb

does anybody know what Jynx's official finisher is? I checked the main site but the roster is in dire need of an update

Guest PowerPB13

I've seen Jynx win with a couple of different moves. One of them is an Iconoclasm(guy set on the turnbuckles, Jynx picks him up by the arms like for a Razor's Edge except the guy's facing forward, then flips him forward into a sitout slam thingie). He called that the "Bukkake Summit" when he was known as the Great Bukkake, don't know what it's called now.

Another move I've seen him win with is a weird sort of modified fisherman buster where he hooks the guy's head up like normal but, with the other arm, hooks the far-away leg instead of the near leg and does the move. Don't know what he calls that.

-Patrick

Billy McNeil vs. Diamond Back Dingo, TLC Match for the Light Heavyweight Title, December 2001

gcwtlc3.jpg

Whats the "Aggies" banner in the background all about?

Isn't "Aggies" a nickname for Texas A and M?

Please excuse my ignorance for US College sports in advance :D

ChUnK!