TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SJL Metal Card - 03.09.02

Okay.

On Crimson, about 35% of the people booked showed.

35%

Now, normally, I don't get that upset about a lot of no-shows. I'm in no real place to critisize or blow up, as I did it often in my own career. However, this isn't something that happens every few months, so I can overlook it. This is the third show in a row with an ABYSMAL amount of effort put into it.

And that's not the only thing. Look at the JL board. Three active, recent topics. Three! No-one promos anymore. No-one comments anymore. No-one predicts anymore. And barely anyone writes anymore. Seriously, what the hell is going on?

I will not name names. Granted, there are still a few people who put good effort into the JL, and I don't mean to discredit them. Furthermore, I know the time of year it is. People are headed back to college, high-school, whatever. I know that getting oreientated can put a strain on your time.

But you know what? If you're strained for time, or you're getting burned out, or if you just need a break from writing, you PM me and tell me how long you're out. I'm perfectly fine with that. If you're on the roster, and you haven't asked me for any time off, you are EXPECTED to show. You are EXPECTED to write a promo every few shows. You are EXPECTED to put some effort into the community aspect of the JL, and make it a better experience for everyone, yourself included.

I admit, however, that Thoth, Pete and myself haven't taken a terribly proactive approach to Junior League. And although there really hasn't been a whole lot to comment ON recently, I apologize for that, and pledge that ALL of us take better part in the JL. However, I expect no less from each and every one of you.

Let's pick it up, JLers. If I don't see a CONSIDERABLE improvement in effort for Metal, the shit will REALLY hit the fan.

This all said, here's the card:

SJL Metal, September 2nd, 2003

Due Date: Tuesday, 8pm EST

Venue: The Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

Show Me You're Alive, Please

"Suicidal" Jay Freeman vs J.T. Playa vs Jay Morrison

I don't quite recall the last time I saw any activity from any of these guys. Time to show you live, or get dropped from the roster.

Rules: Triple threat. First pin wins.

Word Limit: 3500

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

Danny Conklin vs Dominic Korgath

Both losers on Crimson. Looking to turn the losing trend around here.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 3500

Send To: Kibagami

Brian Kingsmen vs Craig McLennan

Kingsman takes a big step up in his second match, as McLennan's no-showing antics have him dropped down to near welcome wagon duties.

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: Tod deKindes

English Dragon vs ???

The English One returns from his WF tourney stint, which unfortunately did not last long. His next challange is a mysterious one... (???, PM your stats to Dragon ASAP)

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: realitycheck

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

Viktor Tarakanov vs Tryst

Victorious over Craig McLennan on Crimson, the Sherwood Fable gets his second crack at Tarakanov for the world title. Although Viktor is still in the SWF Genesis tournament, call it... intuition he'll be avaliable for this one.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

The matches are all normal, sans the opener, and the word limits are small to encourage everyone to write. So get to it, folks.

Everyone in my match is a "Jay." I hope for Airplane like hijinks with that. Actually, I just hope to recieve one match. In fact, if you guys don't show I'm sure Z won't mind if I personally write something to job you guys out of existence. And trust me, it won't be pretty. I'm talking Memphis Eel, handcuffs, oyster mallets and room deodorizer. I encourage everyone to show and will do my best along with CC to take a more active part in the JL boards.

Message to Kingsman & McClennan:

If either of you don't show, you WILL go face to face with my good friend Brick.

Sign in to follow this