TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

E3 2008

I don't see how a new Final Fantasy game is a console choice maker. There hasn't been a decent FF (console) game in years.

I don't see how a new Final Fantasy game is a console choice maker. There hasn't been a decent FF (console) game in years.

Yet its a major franchise name, a name that some people are loyal to and would easily be swayed into getting Console X for. Now its not Sony exclusive and on the Xbox, people (Read Sony Fans) feel like they've had something 'special' taken away from them. Something they could always hold on to against the Microsoft 'fanbois'. Personally, if I'm honest, I got a PS3 lately for MGS4 and I had in my mind to get FF as well.

Now its on 360 I feel a bit gutted I have a machine where I've got one game to play until Littlebigplanet comes out. I'll have to have a look at PS3 FF and 360 FF to see which is better.

Wow.. that's just a little bit like a Mii isn't it.

*cough* rip off *cough*

wow that really is like a Mii, infact, its like Mii + Sony's Desktop = MS Fall Update

Ah cool here comes the 'family' segment, with some Banjo news!

IN regards to bungie.net's countdown, it ends around the time Sony have their slot... Bungie PS3 game? Actually, scratch that it ends Wednesday haha not during Sony's window at all... phew.

FFXIII E3 Trailer: http://kotaku.com/5025105/final-fantasy-xiii-the-e3-trailer reminds me of FFVIII and at the end it says only for Playstation3 in Japan. So, I'm not sure if this is an old trailer, or if its still exclusive in Japan, which is a pretty big lose for Microsoft and still a big gain for Sony. FF will shift bucket loads in Japan, would have been a great title to try and get hold of to sway some people over to xbox, though it will always be a never ending battle since Sony is Japanese and Microsoft is BIG EVIL AMERICA!

Guest Smues
There hasn't been a decent FF (console) game in years.

FFXII begs to differ.

Guest Smues
I'm going to laugh if Sony annouces another Ridge Racer.

:headbang: :lol: Oh man, anything short of a miracle and I think the Sony internet boards across the world will just explode with online suicide. Gamefaqs (link inserted if your bored and what a quiet chuckle) is getting pretty bad at the moment, with people suddenly turning on their beloved FF series for 'selling out' to Microsoft.

I wonder if these same people bitched when FF 'sold out' to Sony. Or if they just forget that Final Fantasy started on Nintendo all together.

I'm going to laugh if Sony annouces another Ridge Racer.

:headbang: :lol: Oh man, anything short of a miracle and I think the Sony internet boards across the world will just explode with online suicide. Gamefaqs (link inserted if your bored and what a quiet chuckle) is getting pretty bad at the moment, with people suddenly turning on their beloved FF series for 'selling out' to Microsoft.

I wonder if these same people bitched when FF 'sold out' to Sony. Or if they just forget that Final Fantasy started on Nintendo all together.

Shh don't remind them! Games console didn't exist till PS1 foo'! Rumor, or maybe false hope, is saying Sony have an 'Ace' up their sleeves called... Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Hmm, if this is the case, can I laugh now? Surely you can't 'remake' an RPG and expect someone to play it again? I know they're doing that with Chrono Trigger, but FF7 the fabled 'best Final Fantasy' ever? Why would you want to 'remake' a masterpiece? I think its Sony fans just clutching at straws.

What worries me is that some tools (and they are tools) will play a remake of FF7 because, and I quote, "the graphics on FF7 are too shitty" which is just about the lamest fucking excuse to not play a great game.

Has timed sweetened the graphics of FF7? No they haven't. Has time effected the great storyline and brilliant character development? No. And do you know why? Because it was fucking ace. And does not need to be remade.

Fuck I hate lazy people!

July 14, 2008 - At its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced a ton of new features for the re-imagined Dashboard, which will go live in the fall.

But a few important details weren't mentioned at the show that trickled out later in the day instead. Chief among them was the announcement that, with the new Dashboard, 360 gamers will be able to install disc-based games to their hard drives and play from there, just like their arch-nemeses, PS3 gamers. The disc will have to stay in the tray, but the DVD drive will not spin, which should improve load times and keep the console running quieter and cooler.

Microsoft also announced that you'll now be able to access Xbox Live Marketplace content on the Web. When the Dashboard update goes live, gamers will be able to visit the Xbox.com Web site to browse and purchase content, which will then be automatically downloaded to their consoles. The new update will also introduce 16X10 display over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

These three announcements are part of a larger overhaul of the Dashboard, and there's apparently more to come.

I guess people will need that new 60GB Pro. I better start saving for a new HDD.

Edited by KingPK

Just going around a few minutes on the GameFaqs boards made me realize how stupid fanboys are. Seriously, why would anyone act that stupid only to to defend a fucking console ? Just play what you want and let others do the same.

What worries me is that some tools (and they are tools) will play a remake of FF7 because, and I quote, "the graphics on FF7 are too shitty" which is just about the lamest fucking excuse to not play a great game.

Has timed sweetened the graphics of FF7? No they haven't. Has time effected the great storyline and brilliant character development? No. And do you know why? Because it was fucking ace. And does not need to be remade.

Fuck I hate lazy people!

But maybe they have (and most people have) played the game...So even with the great storyline, and great characters, well once you've played it once, you've seen it all before. And even though there are people who can play an RPG, multiple times over, easily, it's still, essentially the same thing. (well, with older games, before they had all these different pathways, it is, the same thing) So why not, get to play a game you love, and one you've played before, updated graphically? And even if these so called tools want to play an updated version, what's it to you?

I'm not seeing how that makes them lazy. There's 2 exact versions of a game, one that looks better then the other, and because they might want to play the one that looks better, that makes them lazy?

There are games people play that they say have good graphics, but shitty gameplay. (Smackdown for instance) They wish developers would stop working on the graphics, and better the gameplay. This is pretty much the same thing. It's a game that already has good gameplay/a good story, that doesn't need to be tweaked....so why not work on the graphics?

Final Fantasy VII being remade would be one of the biggest releases of this decade. That's how beloved that game is. It's also a pretty good game on top of being revolutionary, and the first super big release of it's kind.

We're talking money. Mooooney.

So it sounds like FF XIII will be released as a PS3 exclusive in Japan, and then ported/localized and released on both systems in America. Which means we won't see it for a *long* time. That is unfortunate.

Pretty big announcement, but it would have hurt Sony a lot more if they lost exclusivity in Japan, because that's where FF really moves systems. I think the impact on the fragile hearts of the GameFAQs populace is going to be a lot bigger than the actual impact on console sales in the US.

Guest Smues

I don't know why, but I have a wierd feeling Sony will come out strong tomorrow. I don't know why, and believe me I HOPE they prove me wrong, because I'd love a repeat of 2006. As would Youtube. Please oh please let Kaz Hirai get a lot of mic time tomorrow.

So, I will make bold predictions for Nintendo's conference:

(Note: none of these are especially bold)

(Another note: I'm not including Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus or Punch-Out because those are the three games everyone expects)

Wii:

1080 using Balance Board

Mario Golf

Zelda: Four Swords sequel for Wii Ware

Puzzle League for Wii Ware

New Duck Hunt and/or Hogan's Alley for Wii Ware

Hard Drive

Kirby

Eternal Darkness 2

DS:

New DS design

Pikmin

NintenCATS (this may be going out on a limb)

Mother Trilogy

Golden Sun 3

New 2D Metroid

Donkey Kong Country 4 (but that's a wild guess)

If I get 5 of these right, I'll consider it a success

The announcement that FFXIII is no longer PS3 exclusive has nerds everywhere out-raged. :bonk:

This has to be the most pissed off nerd ever:

LMAO

hahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahaha shit kill me now, I'll never see anything as funny again

I'm certain that guy is just trolling.

Most of GameFAQs weren't born or were too young to play video games then, so no.

They claim it was "Niche" on Nintendo and only became popular because of Sony's advertizing...

Right.

FFXIII going multiplatform was a no-brainer really. I don't care if every PS3 game is on 360 honestly, as long as I get to play it!

OK, so Microsoft did some good work yesterday with a little coup on gaining Final Fantasy for the 360. Though most Sony fans have went over the top with their reaction. PS3 are STILL getting FF, and its still exclusive to Sony in Japan - so if they were worried they shouldn't be. Ultimately, it won't affect much other then stop 360 owners in US/EU buying a PS3 for FF. Sony will still gain alot more sales in Japan from FF so its not 'Doom and Gloom', if anything it just smells of selfish Sony 'Fanbois' upset that someone got the same toy as them for Christmas.

Last night was also EA's conference, haven't heard much from that yet, will dig around and see what I can find to share in the thread.

Here's some info on EA's E3 stuff: http://kotaku.com/5023931/eas-e3-line-up-+...-bigger-website

Mirror's Edge

Madden

LITTLEST PET SHOP

and others...

Today is Nintendo and Sony. We've had some Nintendo wish lists, noticed ALOT of Wii Ware requests, is that what the console has became a port to the past to old favorites? I'm really not sure what Nintendo has to offer me personally in regards to a game that will go 'Yeah, I want a Wii now and will play it more then 15 minutes alone.'

As for Sony?

Kingdom Hearts 3?

New Tekken Game?

Gran Turismo Announcement?

HOME COMING SOON! (Delayed again)

Any other ideas? There'll probably be some God of War 3 as well.

Fuck I hate lazy people!

But maybe they have (and most people have) played the game...So even with the great storyline, and great characters, well once you've played it once, you've seen it all before. And even though there are people who can play an RPG, multiple times over, easily, it's still, essentially the same thing. (well, with older games, before they had all these different pathways, it is, the same thing) So why not, get to play a game you love, and one you've played before, updated graphically? And even if these so called tools want to play an updated version, what's it to you?

I should have specified, I'm against remakes in general because it such a pointless exsersise. The game already exists and is still playable, so why do you need shiny graphics to play it? If you have played it and completed it but didn't play it again then fine. But I don't see why new graphics would make people play THE SAME game again. Maybe it's just me but it seems pointless.

I'm not seeing how that makes them lazy. There's 2 exact versions of a game, one that looks better then the other, and because they might want to play the one that looks better, that makes them lazy?

Again, I should have specified and I realised this after I went to bed. I actually ment the programers were lazy. Instead of coming up with a new idea and a new concept, they're just rehasing the same old shit. It's the same argument I have against remaking movies. It's just fucking lazy. And I think people who won't play a game because of "shitty graphics" when the gameplay is awesome are fucking ignorant.

There are games people play that they say have good graphics, but shitty gameplay. (Smackdown for instance) They wish developers would stop working on the graphics, and better the gameplay. This is pretty much the same thing. It's a game that already has good gameplay/a good story, that doesn't need to be tweaked....so why not work on the graphics?

Because it doesn't need to be remade. Sure people have asked for it, but it doesn't need to be made. It's just an easy way to make a quick buck out of a) the ignorant and stupid and b) the fanboys who made it popular in the first place.

I just don't see how "shiny graphics" warrant a remake.

Guest Vitamin X
I also hate the Sony shows for two reasons

1) The shows alway seem boring and more like a buisness meeting.

I don't know how they were last year, but 2006 was certainly anything but boring.

We certainly don't believe in gimmicks...and you scan a card with the eye of judgement and a monster instanciates.

$599 U.S. dollars!

The essence of the Playstation 3 DNA is real change, and the consumers are ready.

Genji 2 is an ashon game based on Japanese history.

There are a lot of great new features for this game, features as real time weapon change!

Being based on history there will be actual battles that took place in ancient Japan...so here's this giant enemy crab.

Attack is weak point for massive damage!

Here's a video which has all of that and bit more. My favorite was the enemy crab one:

Why does everyone keep insisting FFVII was a good game, storyline wise?

It was not!

If anythin the game was strong based upon the graphics (remember that intro?) but that whole 2nd and 3rd disc thing......eesh.

Where's my PS2 FFVI remake plz?

Obvious trolling, still funny.

The announcement that FFXIII is no longer PS3 exclusive has nerds everywhere out-raged. :bonk:

This has to be the most pissed off nerd ever:

LMAO

picard-sigh.jpg