TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Torrent question.

For the last few years, i've used uTorrent to download and share my torrents.

Recently, my Limewire stopped connecting, so I downloaded (and easier on the eye) FrostWire, which is essentially the same program in different colours as Limewire. Anyway, less boring story > It must have 'open torrents' as one of the default options, as when I went to download something via torrent, it opened up in Frostwire and got a fairly good download speed going.

With uTorrent, it shows you exactly what you upload as well as download, and as certain sites need you to keep a healthy Ratio, I'd like to know if i'm also uploading.

So basic question is:

uTorrent shows you exactly what's going and coming, but since Frost (lime)wire is a p2p program and not strictly a torrent only program, does it still seed in the same way as uTorrent would, including after its finished downloading?

It seems a good way to get things and everything, just dont want to find out i've downloaded 40 gig and uploaded 0 and find my account suspended.

Edit:

Another question, if I have no downloads going and I open up uTorrent, it will still seed any files that I have, will simply opening up a p2p program like Frostwire automatically seed all of my files that people want?

Furthermore to my original question, i'd never really thought about this.. but if I was only seeding and not downloading, would I only be able to seed to other Frostwire users?

Or would somebody with uTorrent load theirs up and find mine with no problem even though I'm not active myself in any other way other than FW being loaded up?

I'm extremely novice at these things, but here goes:

I downloaded a torrent of what should have been a 3 hour or so video, but when it finished and the folder went into my shared folder, it's just a bunch of files that don't open as anything, all end in ".r0" ".r1" ".r2" and so on. They are all exactly 14.3 MB in size, where the whole video was supposed to be around 1GB or so.

So my problem is that I have no idea what I've got on my hands, and I need to figure out how to play these things. I can't drop them into any video player I have, nor does the search the internet option yeild any results. There was one clip that worked, it was an .avi titled "sample" and was 14 seconds of audio.

Anything would be appreciated.

Furthermore to my original question, i'd never really thought about this.. but if I was only seeding and not downloading, would I only be able to seed to other Frostwire users?

Or would somebody with uTorrent load theirs up and find mine with no problem even though I'm not active myself in any other way other than FW being loaded up?

2nd one.

I downloaded a torrent of what should have been a 3 hour or so video, but when it finished and the folder went into my shared folder, it's just a bunch of files that don't open as anything, all end in ".r0" ".r1" ".r2" and so on. They are all exactly 14.3 MB in size, where the whole video was supposed to be around 1GB or so.

Try WinRar.

I'm extremely novice at these things, but here goes:

So my problem is that I have no idea what I've got on my hands, and I need to figure out how to play these things. I can't drop them into any video player I have, nor does the search the internet option yeild any results. There was one clip that worked, it was an .avi titled "sample" and was 14 seconds of audio.

Anything would be appreciated.

As said above, Get Winrar

Basically what happened is that they split the movie file in to x number of rar files. Use Winrar, unpack all the data an it will become one continuous movie.