(#) = last year's final ranking
1. Georgia (2)
2. Missouri (3)
3. USC (7)
4. Florida (12)
5. Oklahoma (9)
6. LSU (1)
7. Ohio State (6)
8. Virginia Tech (8)
9. West Virginia (5)
10. Auburn (11)
11. Kansas (4)
12. Tennessee (13)
13. Illinois (22)
14. Clemson (17)
15. Wake Forest (NR)
16. Texas Tech (19)
17. Wisconsin (NR)
18. South Florida (NR)
19. Texas (16)
20. BYU (21)
21. Oregon (NR)
22. Arizona State (18)
23. South Carolina (NR)
24. Alabama (NR)
25. Connecticut (NR)
others - Boise State (NR), Mississippi State (24), California (NR), TCU (NR), Miami (NR)
ACC - Virginia Tech
2. Wake Forest
1. Virginia Tech
Big East - West Virginia
1. West Virginia
2. South Florida
Big Ten - Ohio State
1. Ohio State
Big 12 - Missouri
Big 12 North
Big 12 South
2. Texas Tech
Conference USA - Tulsa
Conference USA East
1. Central Florida
2. Southern Mississippi
Conference USA West
Pac 10 - USC
3. Arizona State
SEC - Georgia
WAC - Boise State
1. Boise State
2. Fresno State
Mountain West - BYU
4. Air Force
MAC - Ball State
1. Miami OH
2. Bowling Green
1. Ball State
2. Central Michigan
Sun Belt - Florida Atlantic
1. Florida Atlantic
3. Arkansas State
4. Middle Tennessee
(#) = previous
1. LSU 11-2 (4)
2. Georgia 10-2 (3)
3. Ohio State 11-1 (5)
4. Virginia Tech 11-2 (7)
5. Oklahoma 11-2 (10)
6. Missouri 11-2 (2)
7. Kansas 11-1 (6)
8. Florida 9-3 (9)
9. West Virginia 10-2 (1)
10. USC 10-2 (11)
11. Hawaii 12-0 (12)
12. Arizona State 10-2 (14)
13. Cincinnati 9-3 (15)
14. Boston College 10-3 (9)
15. Clemson 9-3 (16)
16. Tennessee 9-4 (13)
17. Auburn 8-4 (17)
18. Illinois 9-3 (18)
19. Virgina 9-3 (19)
20. Connecticut 9-3 (20)
21. South Florida 9-3 (21)
22. Arkansas 8-4 (22)
23. Boise State 10-2 (24)
24. Wisconsin 9-3 (25)
25. Texas 9-3 (NR)
others - Texas Tech 8-4 (NR), BYU 10-2 (NR), Miss St 7-5 (NR), Kentucky 7-5 (NR), Central Florida 9-3 (NR)
This doesn't mean I would have LSU and Georgia for a national championship game. I'm all about playoffs, so a 16 team playoff would then take place. All conference champs get automatic bids. At-Large bids are given to the highest ranked teams that didn't win their conference. Tournament seeding would be based off ranking system, in this case mine. Any mid-major team that doesn't win their conference or Independent team, that finishes in the top 15, or is ranked higher than any of the major conference champions will be given an At-Large bid. At-Large teams cannot be given one of the top 4 seeds in the tournament, no matter their final ranking. Home Field advantage would be determined by tournament seeding with the national championship game being held on a neutral site.
#1 LSU(SEC Champion)
#8 Central Michigan(MAC Champion)
#5 West Virginia(Big East Champion)
#6 Hawaii(WAC Champion)
#2 Oklahoma(Big 12 Champion)
#7 BYU (MWAC Champion)
#1 Ohio State(Big Ten Champion)
#8 Florida Atlantic (Sun Belt Champion)
#5 USC(Pac 10 Champion)
#6 Arizona State(At-Large)
#2 Virginia Tech(ACC Champion)
#7 Central Florida (Conf-USA Champion)
(#) = last year's finish
1. West Virginia (11)
2. Florida (1)
3. LSU (3)
4. USC (6)
5. Michigan (9)
6. Louisville (5)
7. Texas (16)
8. Wisconsin (8)
9. Ohio State (2)
10. Arkansas (14)
11. California (13)
12. Virginia Tech (21)
13. Auburn (7)
14. Tennessee (19)
15. Hawaii (25)
16. Rutgers (12)
17. Oklahoma (10)
18. Boston College (NR)
19. Georgia (20)
20. Nebraska (NR)
21. Missouri (NR)
22. Boise State (4)
23. South Carolina (NR)
24. Wake Forest (18)
25. TCU (22)
others - BYU(15), Penn State(NR), Georgia Tech(NR), Texas A&M(NR), UCLA(NR)
ACC Atlantic - Boston College
ACC Coastal - Virginia Tech
Big East - West Virginia
Big Ten - Michigan
Big 12 North - Nebraska
Big 12 South - Texas
C-USA East - Southern Miss
C-USA West - Houston
MAC East - Ohio
MAC West - Western Michigan
MWAC - TCU
PAC 10 - USC
SEC East - Florida
SEC West - LSU
Sun Belt - Arkansas St.
WAC - Hawaii
Click Here to download.
01 - Tech N9ne featuring Skatterman & Snug Brim - "Riot Maker" - Everready : The Religion
02 - Birdman & Lil Wayne - "Stuntin Like My Daddy" - Like Father, Like Son
03 - Obie Trice - "Cry Now" - Second Round's On Me
04 - Jedi Mind Tricks featuring Ill Bill - Heavy Metal Kings - Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
05 - Proof - "Trapped" - Shady Records Mixtape : The Re-Up
06 - NATAS - "Full of Hate" - N of tha World
07 - Esham - "Martyr Sity" - Martyr Sity
08 - NATAS - "See You In Hell" - N of tha World
09 - Tech N9ne featuring Brotha Lynch Hung & Dalima - "My World" - Everready : The Religion
10 - NATAS - "Crazytown" - N of tha World
11 - Nelly Furtado - "Maneater" - Loose
12 - Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around/Comes Around Interlude" - FutureSex/LoveSounds
13 - Axe Murder Boyz - "Honor" - Blood In, Blood Out
14 - Jay-Z featuring Ne-Yo - "Minority Report" - Kingdom Come
15 - Jedi Mind Tricks featuring R.A. The Rugged Man - "Uncommon Valor : A Vietnam Story"
16 - Tech N9ne - "The Rain" - Everready : The Religion
17 - Jamie Madrox - "Tear Jerker" - Phatso
18 - DMX - "Goodbye" - Year of the Dog....Again
19 - King Gordy - "Lucifer's Apology" - King of Horrorcore
HM - Blue October - "X Amount of Words" - Foiled
HM - Boondox - "They Pray With Snakes" - The Harvest
HM - Esham - "Here Comes The Antichrist" - Martyr Sity
HM - Justin Timberlake - "Lovestoned/I Think That She Knows Interlude" - FutureSex/LoveSounds
HM - La Coka Nostra featuring Sick Jacken & B-Real - "Fuck Tony Montana" - Ill Bill is the Future : Volume 2
HM - NATAS - "Worlds Apart" - N of tha World
HM - Tech N9ne - "In My Head" - Everready : The Religion - Bonus Disc
HM - Tool - "Vicarious" - 10,000 Days
Tops of 2006
This is just random shit, the mixtape is in production(by timbaland) and should be out before Christmas.
Album Of The Year (Please note that I hate most of these, 1-7 I would consider Great-Good, 8-14 I would consider Decent-Weak, 15-20 I would consider Lame-Terrible) Best songs listed after the album. duh.
1. NATAS - N of tha World - "Full of Hate" "Worlds Apart" "Crazytown" "See You In Hell" "Dead Men Don't Sing"
2. Tech N9ne - Everready : The Religion - "The Rain" "My World" "Come Gangster" "Welcome to the Midwest" "Riotmaker"
3. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds - "What Goes Around../.Comes Around Interlude" "Lovestoned/I Think That She Knows Interlude" "FutureSex/LoveSound" "My Love"
4. Obie Trice - Second Round's On Me - "Cry Now" "Ballad of Obie Trice" "Ghetto" "Lay Down"
5. Esham - Martyr Sity - "Martyr Sity" "Here Comes the Antichrist" "Working for the Devil" "Detroit Stand Up"
6. Jedi Mind Tricks - Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell - "Heavy Metal Kings" "Uncommon Valor"
7. King Gordy - King of Horrorcore Vol. 1 - "Lucifer's Apology" "Howl at the Moon" "Heaven and Hell" "Killah"
8. DMX - Year of the Dog...Again - " Goodbye" "Life Be My Song" "Lord Give Me a Sign"
9. Nelly Furtado - Loose - "Maneater" "Say It Right" "Wait For You"
10. Boondox - The Harvest - "They Pray With Snakes" "Lake of Fire" "Rollin' Hard"
11. Jamie Madrox - "Phatso" - "Tear Jerker" "Big Gunz" "4fist 2axehandles"
12. Jay-Z - Kingdom Come - "Minority Report" "Kingdom Come" "Oh My God"
13. Nas - Hip Hop is Dead - "Who Killed It" "Hip Hop is Dead" "Black Republican"
14. Shady Records Mixtape - The Re-Up - "Trapped"(Proof) "You Don't Know"(50 Cent, Eminem, Lloyd Banks, Cashis)
15. Ill Bill - Ill Bill is the Future Vol. 2 - "Fuck Tony Montana"(La Coka Nostra) "Karma"
16. Axe Murder Boyz - Blood In, Blood Out - "Honor" "Heatseeker" "Blood Out"
17. Subnoize Souljas - Droppin Bombs - "Uncle Sam" "Mayday" "Droppin Bombs"
18. Bone Thugs N Harmony - Thug Stories - "Intro" "Fire" "Still No Surrender"
19. Daddy X - Family Ties - "All Seeing Eye" "Freedom"
20. Blue October - Foiled - "X Amount of Words" "Drilled a Wire Through My Cheek"
Guilty Pleasure Of The Year (Things I loved secretly or not so secretly)
1. John Cena - I went from hating his guts, to fake loving him to piss people off, then to really loving him. In all reality he's pretty boring and predictible on the mic, but I don't mind Cena matches nowadays. And you can't deny that he's a Heat Machine.
2. Nebraska Football - I've hated Nebraska Football ever since Tommie Frazier left and seeing hicks want to kill themselves whenever they lost. I payed more attention to them this year then almost ever, and I was secretly rooting for them.
3. Basketball & Football Cards - Damn you Greg & Jeff Jackson. It's like fucking crack. I wasted a good chunk of change on cards this year, but I got some good stuff from ebay like a Dennis Rodman rookie, and pulled a $150 Ben Gordon Autograph.
4. Larry The Cable Guy - Hated him until I saw his movie. John and I secretly watched it when Andy was asleep and vowed never to tell anyone. Of course I instantly told Andy how great it was. Honestly, it's fucking hilarious.
5(tie). NASCAR - Nothing like sleeping through a NASCAR race, just to see faggot ass Jimmy Johnson win. I was really into it this season towards the end. Rooting for my guys, Kevin Harvick, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Burton.
5.(tie) Boondox - Honestly....I fucking hate him. His gimmick is too over the top and he looks like the biggest douche on the planet. But..I can stand his music for some reason, and he's not a good rapper by anymeans.
Show Of The Year
1. Atmosphere - Sokol Underground - Went with Bradley, Andy, and Travis. I believe I payed for everyone's tickets...wow I was balling outta control there for a bit. Anyways this show was fucking awesome, he actually did songs I wanted to hear unlike the last time. "Say Hey There" "Fuck You Lucy" and "Trying to Find a Balance".
2. Kottonmouth Kings, Subnoize Souljas, Boondox - Sokol Auditorium - Went with Bradley, Ryan and his girl. This was pretty lame, even for KMK. They played mostly new shit, which is TERRIBLE. Boondox wasn't bad. I spent most of the KMK set hanging by the bar watching the Big 12 Championship.
3. Room 72 - Knickerbockers - Went with Andy and Trent. Really this shows how many concerts I went to this year. Besides the same annoying bass line in every song, it's decent stuff. Plus it helps that Megan Bowen is the drummer. She's the fucking bomb too.
4. Cage - Sokol Underground - Didn't even happen, went with Andy, Dan and Ken. Blackout during the openers, and the power never came back. That sucks bad, especially for Dan who has been a Cage-alo for ever. But we got to meet Cage and buy a shirt, then Dan hated on him.
Shows I Should Have Went To
1. Tech N9ne - Club 108 - Everready Release Party, I had to work. I didn't have the fucking money anyways.
2. Insane Clown Posse - Topeka, KS - I think this might have gotten canceled. But it would have been cool to see them again. It's been years.
3. Blaze, Boondox, Axe Murder Boyz - Knickerbockers - I was sick for this one. Didn't have the money either.
4. The Gathering - Honestly I don't know if i could stand all the juggalos for 4 days.
Movies I Finally Saw Of The Year(cuz I don't know if I saw 5 good movies that came out in 06)
1. SLC Punk - Although the "punk" stuff is kinda annoying, it's a good story and the ending is like the saddest ending to a movie ever.
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - This one was forced upon me by Sam. The first few Potter's were decent to OK. But this one was soooooo fucking sweet. The whole Voldemort coming back scene was AMAZING.
3. Rambo : First Blood - Me and John Bowen getting bored decided to watch the Rambo trilogy. This one actually had a message and Rambo's rant at the end is one of the best movie rants ever. The other Rambo movies however, suck.
4. Matrix: Reloaded - I saw this after it came out, I scoffed at it. But after watching all the Matrix movies, this was probably my favorite.
5. X-Men: The Last Stand - I also scoffed at X-Men, i was never into them. But this movie was pretty damn good, Jean Grey going nuts was awesome.
Saying Of The Year
1. I'm in ur (place) (verb)ing mah (noun). - Inspired by the Internets and cat pictures. Example : "I'm in ur sink, strokin mah harbl." Makes no sense without pics....I'm too lazy to post them.
2. Paycheck and an Attitude - Created by myself as Andy Bowen busted out his 'tude after coming home from Dollar Tree. "I come home from Dollar Tree with a paycheck and an attitude!" He's been rocking the 'tude ever since. He needs his ass beat.
3. Check Out This Mess - From the Squidbillies. Perfected by Don Mays at work.
4. Russ Plager Good - From Andy Suydan making fun of Andy Bowen and myself talking about how good Russ was at basketball. Now Andy Suydan says it about anything. "Pizza Hut is sooooo good. It's Russ Plager good!"
5. NNNNinternets - John Bowen yells this at Andy when he retires to his room to get on the internet. Basically making fun of Andy's undying love for the internet.
Classic Song Of The Year(discovered or re-discovered)
1. Ice Cube - "Ghetto Vet" - Thanks to Frogg Neal from TSM. We talk about rap on AIM on the late night tip. He directed me to this one during one of our chats. I don't I'd ever heard it before, Holy Shit i was missing out.
2. They Might Be Giants - "Particle Man" - Thanks to Andy Suydan. There has been many alterations to the lyrics by him. It's a reoccuring theme.
3. David Bowie - "Ziggy Stardust" - Thanks to Guitar Hero. Such a great song, and I fucking 98%'d that bitch. The only song I'm actually good at. Of course on the same day I took the #2 score, Andy had to come home and beat it.
4. Europe - "The Final Countdown" - Thanks to wrestling. American Dragon's theme song, I've been busted listening to it by John Bowen. Yeah it was a little embarassing.
5(tie). Puff Daddy & Notorious BIG - "Victory" - Thanks to Paul. Randomly posted lyrics at the Pit and it reminded me that I need to listen to it. I don't think I had heard it since the days of Trent's LTD. Still a great song, especially Biggie's verse. It's so fucking ill.
5(tie). 2 Pac & The Outlaws "Staring at the World Through My Rear View" - Thanks to me randomly listening to 2 Pac. Really great stuff, this is one of those songs that make you realize not only how good he was, but how smart he was.
Dog Of The Year
1. Sherman - Roxane's Dog - Sherman has had this award on lockdown for a few years. He's great at convincing me to take naps on the couch with him and the Husker blanket he loves.
2. Phil - Andy Suydan's Dog - God he's fucking nuts, and he loves taking F5's and Pounce's. He's might actually be dumber than Sherman, and thats fucking saying something.
3. Vargas - Black Lushus' Dog - This poor dog gets no love from Lushus. He gets mauled by Mady and he puts up with it. He fucking loves me though. He won't leave me alone when I'm over there. Oh and He's a She, but I can't help calling it a "him".
4. Keemo - Roxane's Dog - Now poor Keemo really gets neglected, that and he just doesn't give a shit about anything anymore. He lays around depressed and unimpressed with everything and everyone. He tore his ACL this year, hopefully he bounces back and challanges Sherman for the title next year. But it's very clear who Roxane's favorite is....."Germs" all the way.
5. Brendel - Aunt Jan's Dog - Saw this guy at thanksgiving and a surprise appearence at Travis' wedding. This dog is super well behaved, it waited outside the door of the Playmore during Travis' whole wedding and reception.
R.I.P.'z to Kitty - Dad's Dog - According to Dad "Fought a Semi on the highway, and lost". What a great way to put it.
Cat Of The Year
1. Ollie - Todd's Cat - Ollie will never EVER lose this title. (Until the day I steal Dicky Shoemake back) Ollie really changed this year when Trev died, she became an attention whore. She even gets up on your lap now. Plus she never sleeps, it adds to her creepyness and I love it.
2. Bubby - Andy Suydan's Cat - The softest cat on the earth. Bubby hates most people and would rather not be bothered. She also walks like an old man. It's hilarious to watch her creep around on her front legs that she never bends.
3. Mervin - Andy Suydan's Cat - Mervin is a bad ass. I've witnessed many fights between her and Phil. She kicks his ass everytime. She likes to fight out of the guard, chokes him out on the daily.
4. Dusty - Greg Bowen's Cat - She had a good run a Greg Bowen's side. Mr. Tough Guy Senior Peckerheard himself fell in love with her and turned her into a house cat.
5. Sam - Mom's Cat - This cat is such a bitch. I kind of hate her, but thats what I like about cats. They are assholes.
R.I.P.'z to Trev - Todd's Cat - Poor guy was really unhealthy and on a downward slide for the past couple years.
R.I.P.'z to Doofus - My Cat - Well he wasn't really my cat, but my stepmom Karen's. But he loved me for some reason. He just ran away and probably died somewhere.
Internet Buddy Of The Year
1. Black Lushus - Promoted to real life buddy, then I moved to Omaha and he never hung out, now he's been demoted back down to Internet buddy. I understand...he's a grown ass man and has a family, but god damnit, I live like 2 minutes away from his bitch ass. He just sits in his house and holds his baby all night.
2. Zack Malibu - Sent him a birthday "card" of sorts in the mail this year. Hopefully he gets it soon. Should be interesting to see his reaction.
3. Paul - Really an awesome dude and I remember he was like the only guy who didn't get on my case and call me loser this summer during my emo-esque lull and didn't make fun of my job. Thanks man, I appreciate these things.
4. KOAB - coined the phrase "Da 'Braska Boyz" for me and Lushus. just awesome. Thats gonna be the name of our rap group, Lushus just don't know it yet.
5. Lisa Krause - Poor Leeeesa doesn't get the attention she deserves from me on the AIM anymore. I just don't feel like talking to motherfuckers all the time. But I love the random "to da left" away messages I get. And feel bad for letting Dan Babycock destroy her on the internet. Sorry. Bitch.
Wrestling Moments Of The Year
1. Kurt Angle to TNA - Holy Shit news bomb. I don't care if he's gonna die, I want him to die in the ring being a fucking god.
2. Rey Mysterio wins the World Heavyweight Championship - Bout damn time, but done wrong and anti-climatic. Pinned Randy Orton in a fucking 3-way and did it riding the "For Eddie" storyline. Fucking weak WWE.
3. Edge wins the WWE Championship - Cashed in his Money in the Back title shot right after the Elimination Chamber. Possibly the only surprise WWE has pulled off in the last 5 years. It was so great to not know what was going to happen next for a change.
4. Christian wins the NWA World Championship - Christian defected to TNA and won the world title. First World titles are always cool to see.
5. Rey Mysterio wins the Royal Rumble - Setting up for his Championship win. I marked out. Greg Jackson bitched. Fuck him.
6. RVD wins the WWE Championship - It was pretty cool to RVD win the big one at the ECW show. It was short lived.
7. CM Punk debuts with WWE - It was cool to see CM Punk vingettes on ECW and even better to see his debut. Unfortunately he's on ECW and I don't watch that trash.
8. Trish Stratus wins the Women's Championship - I may have been the only straight man to mark out for Trish winning the women's title in Toronto, in her retirement match, and with a fucking Sharpshooter. It was just perfect.
9. Hernandez gives Gail Kim the Border Toss - Gail Kim takes to mega bump Razor's Edge and knee's herself in the face. It was fucking great. "Gair Kirm taka da bump"
10(tie). Mickie James/Trish Stratus Bloody Kiss - Gross and hot at the same time. During the best storyline WWE had this year.
10(tie). Jim Ross Quotes - Aside from calling Senton's Moonsaults on a regular basis, and saying "Cena" with his half dead face and it comes out sounding like "Semen", here are a couple gems from JR this year. "John Cena has got to be the biggest bad-ass I've ever seen in my life" "Edge and Orton are nasty bastards, oh, I'm sorry, thats a terrible thing for me to say during this holiday season."
Wrestling Matches Of The Year
1. A.J. Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe - Ultimate X match for the TNA X Division Championship - TNA Destination X - Really this whole series of 3-way matches were great and the only reason to watch TNA at that point.
2. Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship - WWE No Way Out - Just an awesome wrestling match, great false finishes. I didn't think The Undertaker could have a good match like ever....but this I'm sure was his last one.
3. Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe - TNA Turning Point - Much better than their previous meeting the month before. The hype for the first one was impossible to top, especially with only 13 minutes. WTF. This was longer, too bad Joe had to go over.
4. Edge vs Mick Foley - Hardcore Match - WWE Wrestlemania 22 - Best match at 'Mania. Spear through a flaming table was just an insane finish.
5. Brian Danielson vs Roderick Strong - ROH World Heavyweight Championship - 60 minute time limit draw. Now if you like this you know you GEEK OUT ON WRASSLIN.
6. Edge vs John Cena - Tables, Ladders & Chairs for the WWE Championship - WWE Unforgiven - This was the blow off in their super long running feud, that I loved btw. Their Summerslam match was surprisingly good too.
7. A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels vs L.A.X. - NWA World Tag Team Championship - TNA Bound For Glory - Best Six Sides of Steel match since Triple X vs AMW.
8. Ric Flair vs Mick Foley - I Quit Match - WWE SummerSlam - The psychology was great in this one. Aside from the finish. Foley really kinda lost it as far as creative goes. I loved Flair screaming shit during this "Say I Quit Foley or I swear to god I will kill you right here"
9. Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle - WWE Raw - This was the third meeting between these 2, and it wasn't the best, but still better than anything else anyone was doing.
10(tie). Trish Stratus vs Mickie James - WWE Women's Championship - WWE Wrestlemania 22 - Would have been the best match on 'Mania if it wasn't for the blown finish. The crowd was really hot and actually into it, cuz it had a great story around it.
10(tie). Triple H vs John Cena - WWE Championship - WWE Wrestlemania 22 - The only reason I include this for the crowd. The match wasn't anything special, but the crowd was 95% for the Heel Triple H, they were booing the shit out of Cena and it was really odd to see a crowd that Anti-Cena.
Porn Star Of The Year(No commentz)
1. Kylee Kross
2. Lisa Ann
4. Eva Angelina
5. Hailey Page