TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel_Grace_Blue

Promo: Jealous Ones Still Envy

“Drea? Can I come in?” Zutroy asks.

He doesn’t wait for a reply, however, and wheels himself into the room just as Andrea Montgomery quickly lets down a large landscape print that covers an entire wall of her room.

“Thanks for knocking, Jerk-roy,” Andrea says, a tinge of bitterness in her voice.

“Excuse me for wanting to see my sister. Ever since we got to Biloxi, you’ve been in your room. Thought you might have died,” her brother replies. “What’ve you been doing in here, anyway?”

“Things that frankly don’t concern you,” she says.

“Drea, Drea, Drea. How many times have we gone over this. Zutroy. My name is Zutroy, not Frankly,” the elder Montgomery states, cracking a smile which his sister returns, albeit slowly. “Seriously, though, what have you been up to in here?”

“I told you, it’s not any of your business,” she shoots back.

“Fine, I’ll figure it out for myself!”

With that, Zutroy wheels himself to the landscape print and yanks it down, revealing a wall covered with newspaper and magazine clippings and photographs.

“The hell?” mutters a bemused former G.O.A.T.

He squints at an article, then glances at a cluster of pictures, all of the same person: the Sexual Maskosaurus himself, The Masked Man.

“The hell?” Zutroy repeats, as he’s a bit slow to catch on. “No, don’t tell me...you don’t still...you can’t...” he mumbles, at a loss for coherent thoughts.

“Yes, I still like him, love him, really, and I’m going to find him and tell him that!” Andrea shouts.

“But how? He just disappeared!” Zutroy yells back.

“Take a look at those clippings. I’ve been scanning every paper every place we’ve been, looking for something, some clue, and I think I’ve got it,” she says, defiantly pointing at an article.

Zutroy quickly scans it, then shakes his head, exasperated.

“How can you even be sure that this is him they’re talking about?”

“It says Orofino, Idaho. That’s where he was from. It’s the best thing I’ve got to go on, so I’m going to find him,” Drea says.

“And then what? Say you manage to track him down and tell him how you feel? What if he blows you off?” Zutroy questions.

“I won’t try to make him like me or anything, so I guess I’ll just come back here and get back with the SWF. But, if it turns out he’s got the same feelings for me as I do for him, I suspect you won’t hear from me for a long, long time,” Andrea says.

She takes a quick glance at her wristwatch and practically wigs out.

“Zutroy! It’s almost three o’clock! You’ve got six minutes to get down to the rec center for your cheerleader tryout! You’ve got to get moving, buddy!” Drea shouts.

Her big brother promptly starts wheeling out of the room.

“Crap! Thanks for reminding me. I’ve practiced too hard to forget about those tryouts. Good luck with your trip.”

Zutroy exits, leaving Andrea to herself. She heads to the closet, opens it up, and pulls out a suitcase. She throws in a few armfuls of clothes, then a large book on the bedside table catches her eye. Andrea heads to the window, and upon seeing Zutroy wheeling himself down the sidewalk, makes for the book. Drea grabs the hard cover copy of Drunken Brawlings by John Cleese, and opens it to the middle of the book, where there lies a hammer.

Andrea grabs the hammer and walks towards a section of wall next to the closet. She smashes in the drywall and pulls out a box cutter nestled between the studs. She takes the boxcutter, pushes the mattress to the floor, and slices open the boxspring, revealing a screwdriver. Drea picks it up and pries up a loose floorboard. After a moment of digging around, she pulls out a large rat trap.

Drea puts the trap into a gash at the back of the closet, gives it a twist, and the wall turns. Andrea takes a moment to look over the items attached to the wall, and grabs a string of garlic. She hops up and snags a large crystal from a rack, and on the way down takes a can of shoe polish. Placing her shoulder against it, Drea turns the wall around and places the items into her suitcase.

“I just hope I won’t have to use any of those,” she says to herself. “Then again, that’s what this is for,” Drea mutters as she pulls a piece of knotted string from her pocket and wraps it around her hand and kisses it.

Andrea zips up the suitcase, straightens the room up as best she can, heads for the door, and takes one last look back before turning off the light.

I'm guessing you missed the Masked Man obsession from last autumn then. My personal favourite was the periscope promo.

She heads to the closet, opens it up, and pulls out a suitcase. She throws in a few armfuls of clothes, then a large book on the bedside table catches her eye. Andrea heads to the window, and upon seeing Zutroy wheeling himself down the sidewalk, makes for the book. Drea grabs the hard cover copy of Drunken Brawlings by John Cleese, and opens it to the middle of the book, where there lies a hammer.

Andrea grabs the hammer and walks towards a section of wall next to the closet. She smashes in the drywall and pulls out a box cutter nestled between the studs. She takes the boxcutter, pushes the mattress to the floor, and slices open the boxspring, revealing a screwdriver. Drea picks it up and pries up a loose floorboard. After a moment of digging around, she pulls out a large rat trap.

Drea puts the trap into a gash at the back of the closet, gives it a twist, and the wall turns. Andrea takes a moment to look over the items attached to the wall, and grabs a string of garlic. She hops up and snags a large crystal from a rack, and on the way down takes a can of shoe polish. Placing her shoulder against it, Drea turns the wall around and places the items into her suitcase.

This is the best sequence ever.

Yeah. I was going to find the promos, but most of them were from shows. So, borty.

It sort of started in this one promo where I ripped off EWR's "Wrestler is seen walking around some corridors" where in one part, Drea overheard an extended conversation between Mask and some guy in 'Romanian', which was actually the random gibberish JSP posted on the LJ he made.

Then, I did the "Periscope" one that Toxx mentioned. And like one more. Maybe a few others.

Sign in to follow this