TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Promo - The Journey is the Sum of All Parts

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 – 9:21 AM

Baghdad International Airport

An early morning flight out of Baghdad, for some, might be too late to leave the hostile environment. Most of the SWF’s workload left last night, fresh on the heels of finishing another episode of Smarkdown. Then why are we here? Why are we watching hundreds upon hundreds of people shuffle through the busy Middle East airport? We’re here because through the hustle and bustle of Iraq’s largest airport, we find one man lurking in his customary trench coat. Even with a hat pulled down over his eyes and sunglasses on, you can still tell it’s…

“Austin Sly,” begins a familiar voice. “Why weren’t you on the plane with the rest of the crew last night?”

“What are you, my mother now too?” Austin snaps back, “stick to playing commissioner. The role suits you better.”

Peters snarls, “You’re trying my patience, Sly. Protocol calls for all members of the touring staff to meet at scheduled times and leave at scheduled times. What do you think makes you so special that you can just skip a flight whenever you want to?”

“Fire me,” Austin smirks. “I think I can make it on my own.”

“I’m afraid that’s not in the plans.”

“Then what are you here bothering me for?” Austin says, taking a quick glance at his watch to catch the time. “Shouldn’t you be on that flight too?”

“Your job isn’t to worry about my job. Your job is to go out and entertain the fans and to make me look good.”

“There isn’t enough money that you could ever pay me to make you look good, Peters.”

“Now you listen to me,” growls the irritated commissioner, “as long as you’re under a contract with the SWF, I might as well own you! You will walk, talk, and act in ways that align with protocol or I will… I’ll…”

“Fire me?”

Peters calms himself, “I’ll let a certain file slip out into the hands of a few suspecting people.”

Austin turns to lash out, but instead decides to bite his tongue. “You want to play rough? Okay, then have it your way Joseph. I’ve already got a plane ticket to the next shit-hole that you’ve decided to stick us in. And by the sounds of it, my flight is finally about to board.”

The duo is interrupted as a group of passengers rush past them, probably heading towards a boarding gate. Sly bends over and scoops his bags off the floor of the airport, grasping his ticket in his right hand.

“Not so fast,” Peters says, ripping the ticket from Austin’s hand. “I’ll be taking this. Consider yourself on a leave of action for the next month, Sly. Punishment for breaking the rules, you know.”

“Great,” a single word manages to escape between the rock star’s gnashed teeth. “I guess I’ll be taking a flight home, then?”

“I said a leave of action, not absence. I just have different plans for you.” Peters places a new ticket in his less-than-enthusiastic employee’s hand. “Take a load off, Sly. Enjoy the atmosphere for a while… your plane doesn’t board for another hour. I’ll be in touch.”

… and with that, Joseph Peters turns on his heels and disappears into the crowd before Austin even has much of a chance to react. In frustration, he slams his bags back down to the ground and sinks into a nearby chair. Curiously, Austin draws the plane ticket up to where he can see it…

”London…?”

It's at times like these that I wonder why you never promo more Sly. Another very good one, although I can't help but wonder why you're going to London when the rest of us are finishing the world tour in Japan... but hey, good choice!

It's at times like these that I wonder why you never promo more Sly. Another very good one, although I can't help but wonder why you're going to London when the rest of us are finishing the world tour in Japan... but hey, good choice!

Pretty sure the World Tour ends at Ground Zero, like last year.

But yes, mighty fine promo.

I was sure Raynor said it was 'leading up to' the show at the Budokan. Maybe it's not finishing there and just going downhill afterwards, I don't know...

I was sure Raynor said it was 'leading up to' the show at the Budokan. Maybe it's not finishing there and just going downhill afterwards, I don't know...

Pfahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.

Maybe it's not finishing there and just going downhill afterwards.

You have no idea how right you are.

Edited by chirs3

As long as you're not going on the Fictional World Tour. Cos that'd just be wack.

Sign in to follow this