TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chuck Woolery

THE ONE and ONLY NWA:TNA WEEK IX THREAD!

Guest Downhome
Good LORD that was horrible. I don't plan on getting TNA any time soon again.

See this quote right here? Yeah, this is the type of reaction they need to avoid at all costs.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'll get it next week, because of the sheer number of possibly great matches announced. But if they fuck it up, then NWA and I are through.

Guest HartFan86

This is the first time I ordered it...I've watched it on scramblevision before...but I figured "Why not give them my business" and I did...and I regret it.

I paid 10 bucks to hype up a show next week which will be ANOTHER 10 bucks. Sure, 10 dollars aint a lot, but I'm not gunna just blow money away on watching them promoting stuff.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I wonder if they made the decision to use the main event as an advertisement when they realized how bad the show had been.

It's almost like they had no choice but to try and sell next week based on promising matches...instead of what they were actually producing.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, I spend 50 a month for one WWE PPV, so 10 a week doesn't bother me.

Guest Raven_Effect01

Tonight's NWA-TNA PPV show did suck. Not enough time for the X-Division matches, a screwed-up main-event finish, and Russoish ideas galore. Jerry, get rid of Russo NOW.

Guest HartFan86
Well, I spend 50 a month for one WWE PPV, so 10 a week doesn't bother me.

Yeah...but at least you know your gunna get what they advertised. When I pay 35 bucks for Benoit/RVD...I KNOW I will get Benoit/RVD...you're just paying 10 bucks and you have no fucking idea what your getting. They need a major TV deal...bad.

Guest Downhome
...I'm not gunna just blow money away on watching them promoting stuff.

That right there is the reason I haven't ordered a WWE PPV since Wrestlemania.

Guest Downhome

I don't think they'll get rid of Russo anytime soon. They'll look around, check what people are saying, and they'll see a lot of people "talking" about the show. They wont take into account that what is being said is bad, no...

...they'll go by that wonderful quote, that I can't stand, "at least they're talking about it".

Guest HartFan86

It's a shame watching half of these people in this fed that have awesome talent who used to be big and now are just making asses out of themselves. It's sad to see where Jarrett has gone, for one.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

No, Bret's got a point. The WWE, say what you will, hasn't pulled a bait and switch since SurSer 99, while TNA is becoming infamous for jipping us out of our money.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If it wins it's lawsuit the money will keep them afloat for another two months.

Guest HartFan86

The only way this promotion will last is if it gets a TV deal and with shows like this one, NO ONE will want to pick it up.

They need to hit "home-runs' EVERY DAMN WEEK if they want a hope in hell surviving. They need a TV deal where they get like an hour every other week that they can promote the fuck out of the PPV. They need to have PPVs every other week as well.

Oh yeah, NWA...if you promote something, keep it that way and don't have it end up like the clusterfuck main event tonight.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Here we go again.

The promotion has a contract to produce shows for one full year.

and according to Meltzer, it appears that they may be the only North American company turning a profit right now.

Guest HartFan86

One quick question...where was Hall and Corino? I would have enjoyed it more if one of them were on Disco's segment tonight then some Baldwin 'brother'.

Guest Downhome

Was Hall or Shamrock on, or even MENTIONED on the show tonight?

*still wating on the Yang question*

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Oh and if you try to convince me that TNA out of the fucking NASHVILLE FAIRGROUNDS is doing better financially than the WWE is wishful thinking at best, and anti-McMahon propaganda at worst.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Yes it's the same Jimmy Yang from WCW.

Shamrock adds nothing to the show...but is still under contract.

Hall could be somewhat useful to them because he is so over...but his contract has run out.

So they have one guy with a contract they don't want...and a guy they want without a contract.

That's where that stands.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Oh and if you try to convince me that TNA out of the fucking NASHVILLE FAIRGROUNDS is doing better financially than the WWE is wishful thinking at best, and anti-McMahon propaganda at worst.

They aren't trying to draw more money than the WWE...they are trying to turn a profit.

Meltzer says they appear to be turning a profit...while the WWE is not due to terrible house show attendance.

That's pretty much word for word what he said.

So...by doing better financially...

I'd take 1 dollar over a debt any day.

Guest HartFan86
He's doing a tour of Japan

Oh yeah, that's right. I read that somewhere. Thanks to both of you for filling me in.

Guest Blue Bacchus

I just don't how you guys can say that this has been the worst week of TNA yet. For me at least every segment was entertaining even the main event. Now I do agree that the finish sucked balls, but I honestly don't mind since I'll see Jerry Lynn in a 2 out of 3 falls match next week.

And I'm begining to think I'm the only person who likes the Dupps :lol:

Guest Blue Bacchus

Then could I be their #2 fan? :P

They are kinda low brow... But I can see some reasons why you cats might not like 'em.

Guest gangsteruwa

I really chose the wrong week to finally buy a TNA PPV. Truthfully I didn't find the show so horrible that I want to scream but when it sucked it sucked big time. I liked most of the matches except the Dupp Cup, the Last Man Standing and the Miss TNA match (although I did find it amusing). The skits were ok, but there was something about some of it that I didn't like, I really can't put my finger on it. You can blame Russo all you want, but its Jarrett's (Jerry that is) job to sift through the crap which he didn't seem to do.

Here is what I like:

Jeff Jarrett

The Truth

Everyone in the X division

Here is what I didn't like:

The Laziness in the last man standing match (those guys weren't giving it their all, I could do more and I'm not even trained).

The pointlessness of some of the skits and the Dupp Cup. Sure I find the Dupps to be amusing (I find the mentally chalanged to be funny), but did they need to be shown so many times?

Midgets. Does anyone actually like them wrestling. Nothing against little people, but I don't want to see them wrestling.

What I think should be changed:

Bring in Heavyweights that can wrestle. Scoot Andrews, Steve Corino, Homicide, Justice Pain, there are so many on the Indy circuit its not even funny.

Give the X guys more time.

Cut the pointless shit out. Dupp Cup, Jive Talking, that jackass with the cowboy hat (I already forgot his name).

Either tell guys like malice and harris to try or fire them.

I understand groups have off weeks, but this was pretty off. It seems like its either Hit or Miss with TNA (by miss i mean they put a baseball on a tee, drive 10 miles away and swing with a toothpick).

I'll probably buy another TNA PPV, but people saying they are going to fail just because of this show is pretty rediculous. Its one show, its not the end of the world. Hopefully next week will be alot better.

Guest ShooterJay

I like the Dupps too actually, in small doses.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Was it bad? Yes. Did it totally suck? No.

Was the six-man good? YES

Was the four-way good? YES

The main complaint? They were too short, which they are remedying next week by giving Jerry Lynn and AJ what'll probably be over 1/2 an hour. Every match on the card next week except the main is an X match.

Look forward to next week.

Do the SAT always deliver? YES

Does Low Ki always deliver? YES

Do Lynn and AJ deliver? About 95% of the time.

Will the Elvises deliver? I'd say more than likely.

BTW, you guys, especially you bps, had expectations for Brown/Skipper that were way too high. Cruisers don't work well in street fights, and Brown is still too green to work an entertaining match over 5 minutes.

As much as I like the Truth right now, he CAN'T carry someone like Brown, so I'm telling you a week in advance not to get your hopes up.

P.S. If Corino is Jarrett's mystery opponent, I'll be very happy.

I'm expecting someone like Rick Steiner though, so my expectations aren't high. Dan Severn wouldn't be too bad.