TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chuck Woolery

THE ONE and ONLY NWA:TNA WEEK IX THREAD!

Guest Youth N Asia
No, Bret's got a point. The WWE, say what you will, hasn't pulled a bait and switch since SurSer 99

No kidding...I was there, and no one in the section I was sitting in went hom happy.

With TNA I'm only going to get shows every once and a while...maybe 2 a month or so...depends on how the X matches look.

Just wish they didn't invest so much time in The Dupps, Bruce, the broads, Brown. Oklahoma, and midgets

Guest Vyce

I'm not nearly as doom-&-gloom as some of you people are. "This was a bad show, they're NEVER getting my money again." Feh.

But I will say this - tonight's show was EXACTLY why I feared Russo's hiring.

Someone get Jerry to start booking again.

Guest cabbageboy

Ok I got the show this week. Here are some thoughts:

--Opening angle was ok, but is doing this sort of 15m opening a wise move considering the WWE does it every week? Copying the format of WWE isn't a good idea, makes people think they're seeing a 3rd rate ripoff.

--6 man was probably the best thing on the show, but I did want to see Shark Boy bite someone's ass and do a little more.

--Bruce as Ms. TNA....oh god. Was that woman a local indy worker by some chance?

--Goldilocks makes some of this Dupp stuff tolerable with her expressions and stuff. I wish WWE would hire her for the backstage interviews, she beats Terri any day. The Dupps however need to be quietly taken out back and shot. Being from Louisville, these guys are an embarrassment to the state of KY.

--Skipper/Brown was ok but not much. Skipper is not a good choice for a garbagy brawl.

--Incidentally, why would you book a last man standing match (garbagy brawl), then the Dupp Cup (garbagy brawl/comedy match), then the Detroit Street Fight (garbagy brawl) all back to back to back?? Give us some variety for god's sake, like an X match, then a routine match, then a garbagy brawl. For example, Spring Stampede 99 starts with a Blitzkrieg/Juventud cruiser match, then a violent Sandman/Bigelow hardcore brawl, then later on Benoit/Malenko vs. Raven/Saturn tag match.

--They didn't give Lo Ki enough time to properly kill the Elvises tonight. He was cool as hell though. If Sonny Siaki hates the Elvis gimmick why doesn't he just go out on his own?

--Kill the stupid Disco segments. If he isn't going to wrestle anymore then he really serves no purpose. I put up with the Brother Love Show on Saturday mornings, I would not have put up with it if it was on PPV.

--Main event had pretty good wrestling but the ending was god awful and the whole announcements were really odd and seemed like they were going fast since they were outta time. I have to question the logic of doing two 2/3 fall matches in one show, which is what they have for next week. I think we all know AJ/Jerry is going to go 3 falls and they will tie in the Iron Man match.

--By the way, what the hell is with the commish position? Last week we had Steamboat. This week at the beginning we have Bill Behrens (VP of the NWA). At the end of the show we have Bob Armstrong making decisions. What the hell is going on here? Can't they just pick someone to be the on air commish or just give up the whole idea and just have matches?

The NWA has a lot of talent on its roster but the way it is booked is really horrible and gives the talent few chances to do what they do best.

Those are my observations.....thoughts?

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Thoughts:

The-6-Man-Tag-Matchup-was-an-awesome-opener.It's-always

good-to-see-Kid-Kash-and-I-was-impressed-with-the-SAT

and-Eminem.I-was-expecting-more-from-Shark-Boy,not-too

much-from-him.

Bruce-and-Miss:TNA"Title".Totally-Useless.This-match-was

about-3-Minutes-too-long.Time-Waster.

Elix-Skipper/Monty-Brown:I-watched-the-first-Five-Minutes

and-then-changed-the-Channel.I-really-like-Monty-Brown,but

he-needs-to-work-on-his-Moves.When-he-does-the-Alpha

Bomb-and-that-Gorilla-Press-Slam-into-a-Fallaway-Slam-they

are-both-good-Moves,but-they-are-pulled-off-real-sloppy.

I-mark-for-Teo,but-anyway,please-get-rid-of-the-Dupp-Cup.It's-useless.

The-X-Title-Match-was-decent.No"Oh-My-God"Moments.I'm-glad-to-see

Lo-Ki-as-X-Division-Champion.Always-good-to-see-Sonny-Siaki.It's-time

for-him-to-break-out-on-his-own,leave-the-Elvis-gimmick-to-Yang-and

Estrada(The-weak-link-of-the-Elvises)

Jive-Talkin=Nap-Time

The-Main-Event-was-okay.I-enjoyed-it-more-when-The-Truth-and-Jerry

Lynn-were-in-the-Ring-wrestling.Didn't-care-for-the-ending,it-has-been

used-many-times-in-the-past.

Okay-Show.

Guest J*ingus

I was there live.

-The dark match was better than half the stuff on PPV: James Storm and Chris Harris vs. David Young and Brian Lee. First time I've seen Lee in a while, but he looked to be in really good shape. Lots of action, crowd heat, and false finishes, great match.

-Opening promos: yawn. Just not my favorite way to start a show. Bill Behrens doing his best JJ Dillon impression with that cowboy hat had me rolling, though.

-Kid Kash, Shark Boy, and Slim J vs. the SATs: one hell of a spotfest. Slim J is hilarious, and talented, if he stays healthy (and cuts down on the crotch-grabbing) he'll be something. Kash's RVD influence was really showing through. The Spanish Fly is quite possibly the coolest move I've ever seen.

-Various Goldilocks interviews: I actually like the Dupps interviews, so sue me, as long as they stay away from talking about excrement, which unfortunately sometimes seems to be their favorite topic.

-Miss TNA "match": no, that woman was not a local worker, she's just some random person who they taught a couple of moves to work the match. Bruce is funny because he REALLY gets into the character, but I don't see the point of these segments. (Insider hint: they're not going away any time soon, either.)

-Last Man Standing: I expected a lot of people to be down on this match no matter how good it was, since way too many smarks today equate big guys with bad wrestling. I liked it, Don gave Malice some SICK chairshots, up until the "tha fuck?!" ending.

-Dupp Cup: I don't like midget matches, and I don't like endless brawls with weapons. Guess what I thought of this. Did provide the line of the night though, from Don West: "I just got goosed, that's two and a half points."

-Skipper vs. Brown: eh. I wasn't up for a third hardcore match in a row, so I went to the bathroom and ended up missing the whole thing, except for the finish, which looked pretty brutal.

-X Title: solid, if not spectacular. Several people in the crowd were chanting for Yang, but Lo(w)-Ki is still the most over person in the company.

-Jive Talkin: when he said he had a movie star on from a famous acting family, I turned to my friend and said "If it's David Arquette, I'm leaving." Kinda funny, if longish. "It's got Stallone... Frank Stallone" cracked me up. Can anyone tell me exactly who "Dean Baldwin" is? Is he just another obscure Baldwin brother? I heard one guy claim it was Shark Boy minus the mask.

-NWA Tag Title match: crowd did NOT care about this match at all, and neither did I really. All of the men in the ring are tweeners, with no real faces or heels, and all of them hate all of the others, so the storytelling was confused to say the least; blown spots abounded; a crappy ref bump; and a finish that EVERYONE hated. People were streaming out the door as soon as the pin was counted. I screamed, "Screw your Dusty finish!"

Overall, the show started really strong, but kinda slid downwards as the night went on. I talked to an NWA official who agreed with me, said that what looked good on paper didn't turn out so great in the ring, but said that next week's show would be awesome.