Guest goodhelmet Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 i am not watching this show and your match opinions usually are similar to mine. how have the matches been so far...honestly
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I'd honestly have to watch the tape first...I miss stuff while I'm typing. The first hour and a half was good. Test vs. Taker wasn't terrible. HBK vs. HHH...I'd have to watch it again to give it a rating... But I'll never sit through it without fast forwarding...if that tells you anything.
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 This may spoil a little. Well, Angle/Mysterio and Edge/Eddie were really good. Benoit/RVD was borderline great. The tag match was okay, passable. Taker/Test wasn't bad. The brawl was amazing compared to expectations, still seemed a bit off but this was the best brawl I've seen in a long time with HBK really referencing parts of lots of old matches. Brock/Rock was everything it needed to be.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I heard that edge no sold a shoulder injury and speared Eddy for the win. NOW will you agree that Edge has a problem?
Guest HartFan86 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I heard that edge no sold a shoulder injury and speared Eddy for the win. NOW will you agree that Edge has a problem? Yup, fucking Edge. He spears Eddy with his hurt shoulder.
Guest the pinjockey Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I heard that edge no sold a shoulder injury and speared Eddy for the win. NOW will you agree that Edge has a problem? Yeah, you can now count me in the group that thinks Edge is nowhere near ready. I had been leaning towards it but tonight solidified it.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I'm considering starting an anti-Edge group
Guest the pinjockey Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 How about the EdgeHeadhunters get it because it goes with his catchphrase.....and it is .....uh....witty and uh ............oh I am not funny.
Guest Extreme Forever Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Please Edge I know isnt ready but Lesner Is NO WERE near ready. Lesner should have been jobbing for a bit then mid carder. He's still a great wrestler for one who cant respect wrestling.
Guest godthedog Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 to edge's credit, that was the only mistake he made. he got a LOT of little things right (like taking the time to cover with his good arm). compare edge's selling, ye suckers of van dam's cock, to rvd's outright sloppy selling. several times when he could've sold the arm but didn't, notably when he went up for the 5-star & when he held up the belt with his LEFT HAND.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 It's Edge's no selling combined with the use of the motherfucking spear (I HATE that move.) to pin Eddy that everyone ahtes.
Guest BionicRedneck Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Edge sold the shoulder well until he pinned Eddy with a spear using his injured shoulder, which rendered the WHOLE FUCKIN THING MEANINGLESS!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! phew...
Guest chirs3 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Ok, I'm gonna disagree a little bit. Yes, he nosold the shoulder for the spear and the win. Did you guys not see the preceding 9 minutes of the match? Unless I saw a different match, he sold the shoulder injury pretty damn well up until the finisher (and, for the record, I agree that the spear is a stupid finisher).
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I didn't see it. But if you sell the injury for an hour, then just totally ignore it for the win, you have rendered the last hour pointless.
Guest BionicRedneck Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Yes, he sold it well, but by using it for the win, and not selling it, it rendered his good selling rather pointless.
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Yeah, he did a good job of selling it until the end, but what was the point. Actually until the end I think that was the best sell job from anyone the entire night.
Guest HartFan86 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Edge should of pulled out the Downward Sprial to finish him off. I agree with AS. Someone like Rhyno should do the spear, not Edge.
Guest Downhome Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I'm considering starting an anti-Edge group So we now need someone to jump on since Brock is now apparently over and HHH is seemingly back in his former form?
Guest chirs3 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Umm... *scrambling for an answer* Adrenaline rush? Yea, that's it! Edge is so INTENSE~! he didn't feel the pain! Or something! It just didn't mean much to me... if he sells it for 9 minutes then nosells it for 1... that's 9 more minutes of selling than I've seen on quite a few of the recent Raw's and Smackdown's.
Guest BionicRedneck Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 if he sells it for 9 minutes then nosells it for 1 That is exactly the problem, why sell it in the first place? If only he had speared with his right arm. If Jericho is reading: before you attack us 'net fans, your match was good
Guest the pinjockey Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 If only he had speared with his right arm. Exactly. That is all that it would have taken. A little thing like that can kill a whole match worth of build up.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I'm considering starting an anti-Edge group So we now need someone to jump on since Brock is now apparently over and HHH is seemingly back in his former form? It was in Long Island. There was no sign of this before. I'd say Brock is one shot over.
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 He was over both nights in Seattle, I haven't been paying attention much otherwise.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Not to the extent he was apparently over tonight. Both nights in seattle he got "Well, there's no point in fighting it, we might as well react" type crowd reactions. No main event over
Guest Mr. Slim Citrus Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 According to Confidential last night, he's from South Dakota; he did go to college in Minnesota, of course, and I think he lives there now.
Guest Anglesault Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 People live in South Dakota? I thought it was just there to protect the rest of the country in case Canada invades and gets through North Dakota.
Guest Vern Gagne Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Where's Brock from, anyway? He's from South Dakota, but I think they say he's from Minneapolis where he wrestled at the U.
Guest Kid Kablam Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 On the whole Edge thing, you could actually make the same argument with anybody. Take Benoit even. Benoit uses a multitude of suplexes, so when Brett Hart worked his back to set up for the sharpshooter in the Owne Tribute match, shouldn't he have tried to bust out a suplex, and have had his back buckle? I mean, I know a suplex doesn't have drect impact like the spear has on the shoulder, but let's face it, selling, in a lot of pro wrestling, is by nature spotty at best.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now