TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SupaTaft

The person above you thread!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

^ Not really. I'm not a big fan of people who mark for overrated singers.

Michael Jackson

Axl Rose

Marylin Manson

Why not add Nirvana? Then you'd be marking for all the artists who WERE THE BIGGEST THING EVER and ten years later.... were nothing.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

< Chooses not to comment due to ^'s overbearing ignorance.

Manson is SO not over-rated...I could rant here..but i won't...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Holy Wood was perhaps the worst album of 2001.

Mechanical Animals was very good, but I believe it's lost something in it's age, what is it? Ah yes... Shock effect.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

Your denying a lyical genius of his rightful praise. Despite your personal opinions, Holy Wood had critics blowing their loads due to its sheer depth and diversity.

Whatever it is you have against Marilyn Manson, it is pointless to state his work is not beyond the majority of bullshit that surrounds the music world today. His lyrics are some of the most mind-blowing and inspiring i've ever come across. Manson is so beyond the cheapness of 'shock value' it's not funny and if you cannot see that, then your the one who is missing out and that's a shame, because his work is something i'd recommed to anyone who would like a more intellectual musician that makes you THINK. I know that can be hard for some, though.

Clash of opinions this is, but no need to lash out at my tastes because YOU think they're "over-rated". I couldn't think of anything anymore obnoxious than labelling MICHEAL JACKSON over-rated, considering what he has done to the music genre.

i.e Change it completely.

UYI

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Holy Wood sounded like a parody of Manson's good stuff. (The Death Song?)

And while I won't dispute that Manson is great when he's ON, I also won't dispute that without the shocking nature of his persona, he wouldn't be 1/10th as famous as he is now. That's an unfortunate fact of the music business. manson has as much bullshit as any other artist, especially when his music seemed to stop saying 'Be yourself." and start saying "Be like me."

Guest papacita

^^ deserves a good kicking.

^ entertained by arguments of posters who deserve a good kicking.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

^ Number one rival in the 'Guys who post in this frikken thread too much' contest.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

^ Since there is no sexual aspect to my affinity for all things Bond, I don't think it classifies as a fetish.

A "fixation" is more appropriate.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

^ Will most probably live happily until the age of 157, thus breaking every record for longest living human being.

What makes < think this, is still a mystery.