TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dames Edna

Hypocricy at the Smarks Board?

Guest Dames Edna

I kinda agree that the smarksboard mods had a reasonable reason for banning Perfectplex. His tyrade against Avril went over the borders of good taste. Wishing upon anyone's death is kind of harsh, but it happened in the NHB folder - so does that justify his banning? I don't know - but I guess I can't argue.

Now this leads me to my next point. In the NWA:TNA folder, bps21, a mod nonetheless, let loose on his opinionns of Kurt Cobain. Fine he thinks Cobain is the worst thing to happen to music - thats his opinion. But to top it off he proclaimed that he hoped Cobain rots in hell. Whats up with that? Thats just being an insensitive dick. Sure, I told bps go to go fuck himself for being such a callous bastard - so there could be heat on me as well. But as a mod, shouldn't he be a little more open minded and mature than to say such a rude statement? It was outside of the NHB folder, and was completely out of the realm of good taste. Cobain never hurt anyone but himself, so who are we to wish harm or illwill in the afterlife towards him. The dead is the dead - be respectful of their mortality. Its sad when anyone dies, well besides those who have taken away lives themselves, but you can't say ignorant comments like that.

This leads me to my point, how can any admin. allow Perfectplex to be banned for making a rude statement in the NHB folder, and allow a mod to make a similar comment in a wrestling one? Something has to be addressed here. Whether he gets reprimanded, makes an apology, stripped of his powers, or banned altogether - SOMETHING should be done for this total utter lack of class and maturity. How can anyone take him seriously as a mod if he will make such ridiculous comments whenever he feels like it.

I honestly hope something will done, because if there is not - there officially will be hypocricy at the smarks board

Guest BionicRedneck

Of course it goes on.

Good example the Bps/Cobain thing. It never ceases to amaze me how out of reality some people can be. Its like "I don't like them so they should die, regardless of their familys etc.". Now its often said in jest but it does seems hypocritical. Basically if people are mods they can say what they want, where they want. If they like people they won't ban them, whatever happens. For instance, some people (Maybe not me) would say AngleSault should have been banned for his posts always turning into "Angle etc."

Guest Kinetic

Well, again, I think the main objective here is to avoid turning the board into a police state where people are afraid to say anything slightly off-color, lest they be banned.

Guest BionicRedneck

Agreed, but I wont consistentcy.

I mean why can one guy wish death on someone, but another can't. To be honest, I couldn't care, but I can see why some people are.

Guest Cancer Marney
The dead is the dead - be respectful

"On doit des égards aux vivants; on ne doit aux morts que la vérité."

Guest Flyboy

:blink:

*goes to his translator*

Ahhhh... okay.

Guest MrRant

M De drar over alle fører? Og hvorfor bruker French? Husk den 2nd Commandment av NO MA' AM!

Guest BionicRedneck

OK, English please people!!! I am far too lazy to go and find a translator

In the meantime I will (Cheaply) plug SmarkTalk

and check out these new smiley people:

:stupid: :headbang: :bounce:

Guest Cancer Marney
M De drar over alle fører? Og hvorfor bruker French? Husk den 2nd Commandment av NO MA' AM!

oops... I hope this isn't grounds for excommunication. It predates the Al; the French were more tolerable in the 18th century.

Guest Flyboy

"One has consideration to the living ones; one does not have to the deaths that the truth."

Guest Cancer Marney

More idiomatically, "One owes respect to the living; to the dead one owes only the truth."

- Voltaire, Oeuvres: Premiere Lettre sur Oedipe

Guest Kotzenjunge

I first broached the subject of a SmartMarks glass ceiling back in the infancy of the State, when I was a lad of some 300-something posts who was ridiculed for such a stupid idea, despite similar faction-like groups' existence. I saw it as being held down because I was fairly new to the place and thus wasn't allowed to do anything cool. Fortunately I didn't give a shit what anyone thought and pushed my idea until it got over, thus creating the BEST faction there ever was on this board, and in the process getting some semblance of respect around here.

I always wondered if Mods and Admins could ban each other.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest MrRant

I'm still looking for respect. Soon the Church will come to full power and things will change...

Guest Flyboy
I always wondered if Mods and Admins could ban each other.

I could see APO and bps getting into a RVD-hater/RVD mark war... which leads to mods banning mods.

Well... it was a fun thought. :P

Guest Kotzenjunge

I know how to settle all of this... (pulls out old school rap album and throws down a large palette)

DANCEOFF!!!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

EDIT: I'd rather see Mods screw with each other's posts instead of banning.

Guest Flyboy

Even though I'm black... and it's rap music... I'm not going to EVEN try. *goes where Josh is to chill*

EDIT: I'm sure screwing with each other's posts has crossed their minds a few times..

Guest Kotzenjunge

No, it's for the mods to dance, and myself when I feel they're not good enough to soil my palette.

(BUSTS A MOVE~!)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Kotzenjunge

Hey, Coach can do a MEAN Charleston, and being from here, I would know.

And I don't dance like Coach, I dance like DA SPOON!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Had I been the one to ban Perfect Plex for those reasons...

I guess this would be a good point.

If someone has a problem with the way a mod does things...pm Dames, who is the admin.

Other than that...

I beleive there is a difference in wanting a 17 year old girl to be raped and murdered...and saying that someone who has been dead for 8 years should (and this is an expression) rot in hell.

There is no "heat" on you BDub, because I don't take things personally. We had a discussion that began by me explaining why I think the Cobain character in TNA is funny.

Your reply escalated it, and mine escalated it further.

I could spend the time to compare that to a thread designed to declare hope that a living person be raped and murdered...but I know you are smart enough to understand.

If someone has a problem with Plex's banning, take it directly to the person who banned them.

If someone has a problem with me, take it to Dames or Areacode.

Posting in the flaming folder of all places is just counter-productive.

Guest Kotzenjunge

NO! To dance like The Spoon is to dance like a GOD.

Someone who is in the know please explain the Spoon thing to Mr. Rant.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest goodhelmet

actually, there is no hypocrisy at all concerning this matter. criticizing a dead artist, or even flaming a dead artist, is much different than asking for the death of a current living, breathing artist. in fact, marney nailed it right on the head.

another difference is that the FUCK avril thread was MOVED to the flaming folder but began in the music folder. perfect plex did not keep with the rules of the board and was punished accordingly.

Guest areacode212

I'm the one who banned Perfect Plex and yes, the FUCK AVRIL thread was originally posted in the Music folder.

Also, he wasn't actually "banned" for it (if you take "banning" to mean deleting his account & IP/email address banning). I disabled his posting ability, and PM'd him, telling him to cool off and that I'd restore it in about a week. To my knowledge, Perfect Plex had never caused any problems before, so I decided I'd let him off easy.

THEN, he went and decided to harass Bob Barron via the board's email system. Since he had already been warned, and wasn't mature enough to handle this, uh, maturely, I went ahead and gave him a full ban.

Guest Anglesault

Cobain killed himself. He loses my respect in that sense. I happen to respect his musical talent, though.

Guest RazorxEDGE

I hated Cobain's vocals and I think that Nirvana was -- and is -- way overrated.

Still, I wish nothing bad on the guy.

Guest Dames Edna

But should he rot in hell because he killed himself? He had a mental disease, he was not in a right mental state. I've read books about him - I know. Does that mean any person with extreme depression should rot in hell? No. Unfortunatly he was sick, he had longstanding issues from childhood that he carried with himself for far too long. Until you understand exactly how/what a person is thinking - you can't critisize him. Whether you like his music or not is irrelevant, just don't ignorantly slander the guy. Thats all I am saying