TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RazorxEDGE

A question for the Brock-haters...

Guest Brian

I find that there's really no point still going on about the Brock thing. Yeah, he's champion and yeah, they made a msitake. But to say all these things before he's had a chance to really improve on his ringwork. He needs more time. But yet we get the same old thing everytime. Is there nayway we can put it to rest?

Guest Brian

I'll give you credit for the four-way but neither of those other matches, maybe the Hardy match since I have a limited memory of it, is more than decent.

Guest snowfan
I find that there's really no point still going on about the Brock thing. Yeah, he's champion and yeah, they made a msitake. But to say all these things before he's had a chance to really improve on his ringwork. He needs more time. But yet we get the same old thing everytime. Is there nayway we can put it to rest?

I would not have chosen Brock, but I do understand that Brock was chosen because a certain aardvark is trying to nueter the most likely future threats early.

Guest Brian

Or Jim Ross and Vince's love for big man and their attemp to find the next phenom they could build off of/around at an early, untamed point in their career beforet hey can become saturated and exposed.

Guest Anglesault
But to say all these things before he's had a chance to really improve on his ringwork. He needs more time. But yet we get the same old thing everytime. Is there nayway we can put it to rest?

We have a right say these things because he already has the belt. His ringwork should have been good before he got the belt. This is SOOOO Much like the "Give Him Time" Argument that everyone was using for HHH even though he was main eventing Wrestlemania a couple weeks later. And Look how well THAT turned out.

Guest snowfan
But to say all these things before he's had a chance to really improve on his ringwork. He needs more time. But yet we get the same old thing everytime. Is there nayway we can put it to rest?

We have a right say these things because he already has the belt. His ringwork should have been good before he got the belt. This is SOOOO Much like the "Give Him Time" Argument that everyone was using for HHH even though he was main eventing Wrestlemania a couple weeks later. And Look how well THAT turned out.

It is NOT the same. Some guys need a first run with the belt to get "credible". HGH/UT/Pebble/Austin do NOT need the belt. Shall we discuss Angle's first run?

Guest Anglesault

It is NOT the same. Some guys need a first run with the belt to get "credible". HGH/UT/Pebble/Austin do NOT need the belt. Shall we discuss Angle's first run?

Sure. Angle was very over and having great matches.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Now, wait. If you HAVE to give a guy the world title to be credible..

You need to re-evaluate a few things.

Guest Brian

But Brock's a much different case than HHH. HHH was coming off an injury. HHH had gained twenty pounds of muscle. Brock's incredibly raw; even Les Thatcher said that.

The ringwork should have been good is not really a point. I mean, Austin drew when his work was borderline bad, in 1999. Rock drew when he was still very green. HHH was so vanilla when he was elevated. The difference is Brock was pushed too fast, too soon.

If Brock becomes good, will you give him his due, even if it is during this title reign?

Guest snowfan

Sure. Angle was very over and having great matches.

That is why even Meltzer was saying it was handled horribly and HGH effectively hurt Angle?

Look I am an Angle fan but a lot of the same stuff you are typing about brock was said about Angle.

Guest Brian

Angle was being carried to "great" matches, is what you mean I assume. So who's supposed to carry Brock?

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Angle's reign was booked badly. His matches were great. That's the difference.

Guest snowfan

EDB I am speaking of trying to get up there with "the terrible 2 or 3"...

Personally I think that a certain Musclebound fella is using Brock as a fall guy ala Hogan.

Guest snowfan
Angle's reign was booked badly. His matches were great. That's the difference.

What matches has Brock been "horrible" in since getting the belt?

Look he hasn't even had a chance to polish the damn belt guy.

Guest snowfan

Brian I think Angle was technically very good and in many ways was hurt by politics. He has NEVER regained his momentum that he had initially. Gee sounds eerily like a plan.

Guest Anglesault

But he had One, count them, ONE good match before winning the belt, his ttile match. Why should that change?

Guest El Psycho Diablo

His matches haven't been good. At all.

(Angle was putting on good matches -before- he got the belt, as well. There was also about a 6 month difference in their time from debut to world title. Angle held both Euro and IC belts, proving himself as a belt holder)

Guest snowfan

But he had One, count them, ONE good match before winning the belt, his ttile match. Why should that change?

You are right.

Let's just preemptively declare him to be a failure.

Guest Brian

And angle worked against Benoit, Jericho, a decent-good Triple H, and the Rock. How many of those has Brock had to match-up with?

Guest Anglesault

You are right.

Fine with me.

Guest snowfan

You are right.

Fine with me.

You have established that.

I think Angle has shown he can't draw based on SD ratings.

Angle is THE star and ratings are falling.

UT has to be brought in to carry the show.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I should've known that.

And actually, SD didn't really "have" a headline star. It was supposed to be Rock, then Hogan.

All Angle's been doing is getting his pants pulled down and humilliated until just recently.

Guest snowfan
And angle worked against Benoit, Jericho, a decent-good Triple H, and the Rock. How many of those has Brock had to match-up with?

Good point Brian, but AS can't be bothered with the fact that there is definitely a talent crisis in the "upper guys".

screw it it is like talking to my mother in law.

Guest Anglesault

You are right.

Fine with me.

You have established that.

I think Angle has shown he can't draw based on SD ratings.

Angle is THE star and ratings are falling.

UT has to be brought in to carry the show.

Angle isn't the star. Angle is some goof who never wins and is made a fool of every time he's on TV.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Well..to be fair..

Angle had that talent to work with because they were allowed to be in or near main event status.

Lesnar won't, because he's the only talent except Edge they plan to elevate. In the midst of the Lesnar godpush they've either neglected, or forgotten the fact HHH/Taker/Lesnar won't carry the company.