TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGenr8n X

Dr. Tom and bps21 (Directed to Dames)

Guest DGenr8n X

Is it just me, or are these guys just a *tad* overbearing? I'm surprised that Dames would pick people like Dr. Tom and bps21 to moderate the board, considering that he's a down-to-earth kinda guy.

Dr. Tom isn't that bad, just a little pretentious in his posts. I mean, borrowing quotes from Associate Justice Stewart Potter?

But bps21 seems to have a major chip on his shoulder. I've been watching this board since July, and I'm really surprised at how he treats the members of this board. Every reply just screams, "I am better than you, I am smarter than you, I am a mighty moderator, so shut up."

I am all for the removal of trolls like Smarkzone, but the controversy over the infamous Ultimate Warrior thread kinda disturbs me.

I mean, I'm a long-time Ultimate Warrior mark, I have the Warrior in my sig...am I gonna be banned just for having non-smark tastes? Am I gonna be banned if I start a thread about the Ultimate Warrior?

I don't think that this board is "hypocritical" or "corrupt"...but I think that the moderators are getting a bit out of control.

Dames, you seem like a really cool guy, but on the other hand...it seems like the inmates are running the asylum.

You said to talk to you if anybody has any problems with the moderation, so I want to know where you stand on this issue. Maybe the board should vote for moderators?

Guest Anglesault

::AS arrives, playing "Muscle" for Dr. Tom and Bps::

The problem wasn't so much that it was an Ultimate Warrior thread, (in fact, I'm willing to bet that that had nothing to do with it) But that the guy who created it had been banned 10 times or so, and they wanted to nip any reappearences in the bud. If YOU were to start the same thread, you would be ripped aprt by the members, ( :) ) but not banned, because you didn't fo anything wrong.

I've had my problems with both bps and Dr. Tom, but honestly, they are very good and FAIR moderators.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Frightening... Anglesault actually sounds... human in that post.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Anglesault

Christ! I do something nice for my good buddies bps and Tom, who I might add are great mods and fine human beings, and everyone thinks it can't be me!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Sorry, you've just reached such cartoonish levels of posting it's hard to swallow when you act normally.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Anglesault

Last time I do anything nice.

Unless, of course, it's for the Dames or one of his great moderators!

Guest Anglesault

I don't know what you are referring to, but I suggest you show some respect for the people who work to keep this board running smoothly!

Guest Cancer Marney

He's saying you're sucking up, and in light of your weird non sequitur post in SF, I think he's right. The post was for the mods and didn't mention you; let the mods deal with it if they feel like it.

Guest J*ingus

Okay, SZ, is that you? How does a guy with six posts to his credit know so much about the inner workings of the board?

But Smarkzone is, was, and will continue to be banned simply because he was banned the first time, and unless it's specifically revoked, bans stay in effect no matter how many different names the bannee tries to post under.

Guest treble charged

He's been signed up since July, it says so right underneath his name.

And, also, he doesn't seem to know the 'underworkings of the board' so much as he noticed that SZ was banned for posting a thread about the Ultimate Warrior.

As for his low post count (which, really, should mean fuck-all), it is possible that he has been lurking around for the last little while, while chosing not to post.

Guest Insane Clown Dan
Okay, SZ, is that you? How does a guy with six posts to his credit know so much about the inner workings of the board?

But Smarkzone is, was, and will continue to be banned simply because he was banned the first time, and unless it's specifically revoked, bans stay in effect no matter how many different names the bannee tries to post under.

I do not understand why someone who was banned for a way that they carried themselves would be stupid enough to register another name and carry themselves in the same oh-so-obvious way!

Besides that, there's the 99.99% chance that they're plain stupid =P

Guest evenflowDDT

In defense of the mods... ummmm... well, I've never really seen any "obvious power-trip" arguments from BPS. Hell, he even gives more warnings now than before (he used to not give any that I can remember). Dr.Tom I can't really judge on because I've only recently started going to the Current Events folder (and I'll probably stop, it doesn't seem to be a very fun folder, and those who post in it seem "different" than when they post in other folders), and I'm not going to comment on the recent arguments between him and goodhelmet because I don't want to get any new conflicts going, but aside from the nature of that argument there's nothing wrong with Dr.Tom either, and I believe he also gives warnings.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I'll clarify this one more time:

Smarkzone(a.k.a. RazorxEDGE) was NEVER banned for posting the Warrior thread. I thought the thread was clogging up the WWE forum and had even gotten some complaints about it, so I just moved it here. That's it. Razor was banned because he admitted to being Smarkzone, it's as simple as that.

People can start all the Warrior threads you want, there's nothing wrong with that. BUT, since 9 times out of 10 it's going to be an obvious joke post with very little actual discussion, I just ask that you post them here in NHB.

Guest MrRant

Could you clarify it for a 2nd time as I like to hear this bitching about SZ being banned almost every goddamn post.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

So, SZ was banned for posting a thread about the Warrior?

:P

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
You mean..people can't be banned for stupidity? I'd be a bad op.

I wish.

It'd solve a bunch of this board's problems in a heartbeat.

Guest B-X

But why were they complaining? I saw the thread, everyone was in on the joke, nobody actually posted and said "WHOA. ULTIMATE WARRIOR? HOW DARE YOU"

Why would people complain in the first place? I don't doubt you one bit, but still.. Ultimate fucking Warrior?

Guest bob_barron

They were complaining cause it was a post that belonged in NHB.

And it's totally irrelevant- He deserved to be banned regardless