TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The "One and Only" Sopranos Season 4 Thread.

Seeing as how tonight is the first new episode in a year and a half of the Sopranos, I have a feeling that they'll be a lot of discussion about it. Keep it all in here...

AND FOR GOD SAKES.....NO SPOILERS!

Dames

Guest Kingpk

Man, it's times like these that I WISH I had HBO. I've only seen maybe 5 episodes but I loved each one.

Eh, I'll be able to catch up when I get digital cable this winter.

Guest MrRant

Times like these I am glad I work for the cable company and get all the channels for free.

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I am SHOCKED that there are only 2 replies so far to this.

Guys, get HBO NOW.

It's worth it.

My guess is that everyone's waiting to reply until after the first show....

Which just ended. GOD DAMN that was a good series premiere!

Dames

Guest Nevermortal

Awesome series premiere.

I liked the refresher at the beginning though...I hadn't seen a Sopranos in so long.

Guest Zack Malibu

I thought it was funny how they showed all actual highlights of last season, but then show a re-tape of the undercover agent meeting Adrianna, since it's a new actress.

Line of the night:"CONSERVE!"

A few points that I'd like to talk about....

Christopher is moving up so damn quick man. I remember watching the first episode when he was just some shmuck trying to get respect. I wonder if what the cop said was true....that he didn't kill his father and it was just a bullshit story. Chris didn't care because "He wants you dead".

Adrianna's FBI friend....DAMN she's smokin. Tony's already got the eyes for her, so he needs to watch his ass.

I loved how Tony made it seem like he was helping Junior by taking the abandoned building off his hands....knowing that it was going to be MONEY when the mall gets built.

This has nothing to do with this episode but damn, I want Melfi's rapist dead.

Dames

Guest Nevermortal
I thought it was funny how they showed all actual highlights of last season, but then show a re-tape of the undercover agent meeting Adrianna, since it's a new actress.

I noticed that. Wasn't Fairuza Balk supposed to be in that girl's place?

Guest Incandenza

I need to go rent the season 3 episodes. The recap at the start of the show was decent, but there were a couple of moments where I was lost (momentarily, anyway).

Damn, now I really need to go and watch the old ones again. I could have SWORN that it was Fairuza the first time, but when they replayed it a few months ago, the actress looked familiar...hmm..

Can anyone with Season 3 on DVD confirm this?

Dames

Guest Incandenza

Damn, now I really need to go and watch the old ones again. I could have SWORN that it was Fairuza the first time, but when they replayed it a few months ago, the actress looked familiar...hmm..

Can anyone with Season 3 on DVD confirm this?

Dames

No need. I ganked this from the Internet Movie Database (it's from Balk's filmography):

"Sopranos, The" (1999) playing "FBI Agent Deborah Ciccerone / Danielle" in episode: "Army of One" (episode # 3.13) 5/20/2001

Guest Spaceman Spiff

It was Balk. For whatever reason, they decided to replace her w/ that blonde, even going so far as to re-film her season 3 scenes.

Guest Lord of The Curry

I don't consider this a spolier, only a prediction, but Paulie is SO gonna be this seasons Big Pussy.

On another side note- GIVE FURIO HIS BIG PUSH! THAT GUY FUCKIN RULES IT! Just make him the Diesel to Tonys HBK!!! THEN HAVE FURIO BANG MEADOW!! Wait....that's my Furio imagination talking......

Guest Dmann2000
Christopher is moving up so damn quick man. I remember watching the first episode when he was just some shmuck trying to get respect. I wonder if what the cop said was true....that he didn't kill his father and it was just a bullshit story. Chris didn't care because "He wants you dead".

I think he was the killer after all, because just before Christopher shot him he screame "I'm sorry!" twice. Plus if he wasn't the ending with the $20 on the fridge kinda loses meaning.

Guest cdstunner66

From what I've heard, Faruza (sp?) didn't really fit in with everyone else and the writers and producers didn't like her, so she was gone. I heard they reshot her scenes for the season 3 dvd, can anyone confirm this?

(possible spoilers ahead)

Anyway, Christopher was moved up pretty quick, but I think that can be attributed to the change in attitude after Tony railed him about his movie script and how he tightened up after he got shot. I like how they reintroduced his drug use, which had been more or less toned down to the point of nonexistance during season 3. I have a feeling that he's dying this year and the heroin is how it's going to be set up.

Two other points. First, something tells me Paulie Walnuts isn't really flipping. Tony is worried about NY coming into his territory, so I think he's sending in Paulie as a mole. Second is it just me or does the nurse seem a little too convenient to be the undercover agent at Junior's doctor's office?

Guest Choken One

Exactly...It's likely the doctor.

Why is Christopher getting moved up? Who knows but WHO fucks the undercover agent 1st Tony or Chris?

Guest Vern Gagne
I am SHOCKED that there are only 2 replies so far to this.

Guys, get HBO NOW.

It's worth it.

The problem for me is since I've never seen a single episode. Why start in season four. I'd rather start from the beginning. Plus one show that I'm sure I'd like isn't worth paying for a station that I'd probably never watch except for the Sopranos.

Guest Vern Gagne
Vern, you can rent the first three seasons on DVD to catch up.

Dames

I don't have a DVD :(

When I get a good job I'll get one. But right know I can't afford it.

Guest Gamengiri2002

heck, you can download the entire series off of kazaa, thats what i did to catch up

Vern, you can rent the first three seasons on DVD to catch up.

Dames

I don't have a DVD :(

When I get a good job I'll get one. But right know I can't afford it.

I'm pretty sure they're available on VHS as well.

Dames