TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RickyChosyu

Just for the sake of arguement...

Guest Banky

I respect all types of wrestling, and I agree that Puro is great - but their fans have to be the snobbiest on this board. Nothing in America ever measures up. And when someone claims to enjoy a N/A match, it is usually ripped to sheds by the Puro fans. Thats pretty lame of them. They don't respect anyone's opinions, they just rip it to shreds. Even if evidence was given to support their arguement, the Puro fans would critisize it. A *true* wrestling fan would accept all forms of it, not just pigeonhole themselves to their own elite genre. Besides, where is the official term in the "wrestling rule book" that says Eddie Guerrero is any less of a wrestler than Misawa or Kawada?

It's not a given rule. It's just someone's opinion. In general, the people who would argue Misawa or Kawada's case as being a better wrestler than someone such as Guerrero, would justify their opinion as opposed to the other guy, who would probably complain. Besides, an opinion is only worth it's own weight in justification. Everyone knows that ;) ...

Guest Jubuki

Oh great, the "true fan" argument - just when this thread was looking like it would die as it deserved to...

Guest Banky
Oh great, the "true fan" argument - just when this thread was looking like it would die as it deserved to...

No, its an honest statement. Why can't you stop being a fricking elitist and be civil. Your condescending attitude leaves little to be desired for. OK, explain this to me. What DOES make Kawada greater than Eddie Guerrero. I am genuinly interested in hearing the TRUE finer aspects of wrestling from the guys who seemingly know it best. Sincerely, please, educate me.

Guest RickyChosyu

You can disagree with his and my opinions (not that they're the same) all you want, and you can point out why you think someone is wrong, but if you want us to change our opinions because you think a "true fan" would like more of the stuff that you do, well, needless to say, it's not going to happen. Actually, I doubt that you'll ever find success with that kind of thinking, because it's flawed.

Speaking of backing up your statements, care to refresh my memory as to where anyone in this thread "ripped to shreads" an NA match? I started this thread to give praise to matches in North America that I believed weren't getting enough, and pretty much everyone (save a few of the usual anti-intellectual gnomes) played along just fine. Just because Jubuki posted his overall MOTYC for every year and had all of them coming from Japan doesn't take away from the debate at all, and it certainly doesn't warent any of the faulty "you're just not true fan" logic.

If you want to learn, listen to what knowledgable people have to say, and try to learn more by watching more wrestling. Throwing fits about their preferences won't get you anywhere. If you want to learn, try listening.

Guest Banky
You can disagree with his and my opinions (not that they're the same) all you want, and you can point out why you think someone is wrong, but if you want us to change our opinions because you think a "true fan" would like more of the stuff that you do, well, needless to say, it's not going to happen. Actually, I doubt that you'll ever find success with that kind of thinking, because it's flawed.

Speaking of backing up your statements, care to refresh my memory as to where anyone in this thread "ripped to shreads" an NA match? I started this thread to give praise to matches in North America that I believed weren't getting enough, and pretty much everyone (save a few of the usual anti-intellectual gnomes) played along just fine. Just because Jubuki posted his overall MOTYC for every year and had all of them coming from Japan doesn't take away from the debate at all, and it certainly doesn't warent any of the faulty "you're just not true fan" logic.

If you want to learn, listen to what knowledgable people have to say, and try to learn more by watching more wrestling. Throwing fits about their preferences won't get you anywhere. If you want to learn, try listening.

I'd say Tim Cooke is quite arrogant when it comes to his Puro elitism arguements, but thats fine. Also, I didn't throw a fit, I am honestly curious. What makes people like kawada, misawa, ect...better than someone like Eddie Guerrero. I am not playing the bitch card here, I actually want to learn something.

Guest godthedog

^ i'm not a puro nut, but i'll do kawada.

in a word: selling.

in a word and a compound word: god-like selling.

in 3 words and a compound word: god-like selling and storytelling.

Guest Tim Cooke

Yes, when a dictionary is opened in 20 years, my picture will be next to the new term, arrogance in puroresu arguments.

So why is Kawada better than Eddg Guerrero?

He is a far superior seller, has better psychology in taking his matches to the next level.

That said, Eddy is world class. He has the same carrying ability that Kawada has in carrying loads of shit from AAA. When in with the best in New Japan, he was awesome. His match with Benoit on 6/11/96 is the BEST I have seen from him. Eddy's selling is top notch and everything works in that match.

But Kawada is above Eddy for the 2 main reasons listed above. Eddy's best isn't able to come close to 6/3/94 v Misawa or 12/6/96 w/ Taue v Misawa/Akiyama.

Tim, arrogant yet without examples