TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The commercial free season premiere of 24 is a few weeks away (October 29th), but I was just wondering what your thoughts on last season were, seeing as how Season One is out on DVD now and you can pretty much catch up now.

I'll bump this tomorrow seeing as how its 2am.

Dames

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I loved it. It just seemed as if a little too much happened in that 24 hour period.

*gasp* BLASPHEMY. Personally, its the best show I've ever had the honour of watching on TV. Yes, I consider it better than The Sopranos, Oz and all of the other shows that get so much critical praise.

It has its shortcomings yes and even things that I just didn't like (Amnesia!?), but in the end, it was all worth it.

Dames

Guest the pinjockey

Lets put it this way. 24 got my fat ass running back from class ending at 9pm every tuesday night just so I would not miss a minute. Any show that can keep me on the edge of my seat every week for six months is the best show I have ever seen. And the ending kicked all sorts of ass. I was cheering during the final couple of minutes.

Guest Marshall

Don’t expect much from the season two preview and the alternate ending. They both really suck. But the DVD is well worth the cash, although, the whole real time aspect is ruined as the episodes only last 45 minutes each.

Don’t expect much from the season two preview and the alternate ending. They both really suck. But the DVD is well worth the cash, although, the whole real time aspect is ruined as the episodes only last 45 minutes each.

That's my biggest gripe with the DVD's. I've seen the "trailer" for season 2 on TV and it looks FABULOUS. I don't think the DVD actually came with it. I've been looking everywhere for Easter Eggs, nothing. No extras whatsoever on the DVD's. For once though, the show is worth getting a barebones disc set.

Another gripe that I have is that the "previously on 24" segments, as well as the preview for the next episode are missing as well. Those REALLY pumped me up and they even factored into the shows time clock. The HBO DVD's include those, why can't Fox get a clue?

Dames

Guest Sassquatch

I stopped watching Smallville so I could watch 24 instead.

Kiefer was great in the loyal worker/troubled father/concerned husband/guardian/leader role that he was put in.

Perhaps the best thing about the show was the Season Finale's ending which caught me off guard and was actually a nice twist to see in the world of "Everything Is Good" type TV shows.

I am looking forward to this season and it will be interesting to see how the show handles the events from last season in regards to Kiefer's character's social life.

A great show that FOX will hopefully not fuck up.

Guest MDH257

1.) I would have been fine with the final episode if Nina hadn't said that the Drazen's weren't the ones she was working for and that somebody else was involved. I was under the ipression that the season (day) would end with no loose ends, not some X-Files type mystery that we'll have to wait years for the solution to.

2.) Kiefer's final confrontation with Dennis Hopper was anti-climactic.

3.) The ending was good, but i would have killed off Kim instead of Teri.

Dispite my complaints, 24 was (is) still a great show. I'm just not waiting with bated breath for season 2.

Guest areacode212

I skipped over all the responses in this thread, seeing as how I'm only up to 1:30pm of the 1st season and I don't want to read spoilers. It's extremely exciting though, and probably the most tense show I've ever watched. I'll add more thoughts when I'm done with the whole thing.

I do get the feeling that they're "cheating" a little and packing too many things into such a short period of time. Also, since the show basically tells you from the start that nobody should be trusted, you become suspicious of everybody. I pegged Kevin & Jamey as heels pretty quickly. This is a minor nitpick though, and they still did a good job of it.

Why would you stop in the middle of an episode AC? Considering that there are no chapter stops on the DVD, its a pain to get to where you want.

Dames

Guest areacode212

Because I had been watching for like 7 hours straight and I thought it would be nice to get some exercise.

Guest packwingfn

Well lets see, All my friends would talk about "24" in school last year, and I was just like waatt? u know like whatever, then during the summer, I decided to watch Episode 1 and I got stuck so I downloaded episode 2 and wanted to watch 3 soooo bad but there was no luck gettin it, so I had to wait a few weeks for the Labor Day Marathon to play where I would tape 6am-12pm while Id be watchin 12-6am then watch 6-12am while 12-6pm would be taping etc...I was glued to the TV that day and watched at least 15 of the episodes in that one day, and finished the rest of the show during that week, it was insane lol

So right now Im tryin to get people to borrow my tapes of 24 and always mentioning how good it is but NOONE believes me till they watch the first episode and they become glued to the TV like I was

Only bout 3 weeks away till Season 2!!!

Guest areacode212

Just finished up with my DVDs. No other show has had me on the edge of my seat the way this did.

That said...did anyone else hate the "Yelena revelation"? Yeah, a lot of the fun in watching 24 was the whole "trust no one" thing, but it kinda sucks to reveal Nina as PURE EVIL~! after basically making the audience build up good will towards her for the entire season. So I didn't enjoy watching 11:00pm - 12:00am all that much. I just hated the fact that my favorite character ended up being the traitor, and my other favorite ended up dead. Argh.

Man, if there's one thing I hate, its when I'm in the middle of making a long post and my comp crashes. I'll condense it this time.

AC, you lucky dog. Imagine all the stress and agony that I had to go through having to wait a week, sometimes two, to see the next new episode. You really should have caught it on TV, the previews for every new episode alone were amazing.

As for the "Yelena" situation, watching it again on DVD, there are SO MANY CLUES that it just drives me up the wall knowing that I got duped.

Can't wait......CAN'T WAIT....for Season 2.

October 29th.

Dames

Ah, also, this goes for everyone.....what were your favorite episodes and favorite swerves?

My favorite episode is either 11:00pm - Midnight or 7:00am - 8:00.

My favorite swerve was when Jack shot Nina at the 6:55 mark or so.

Dames

Guest packwingfn

I have to say any episode after 6am was when It started to get real good, Im up till 9 AM on the DVD so far, hoping to rewatch them all before Season 2

Your right, Dames thought, Rewatching it, you can see all the clues that point to Nina bein the turncoat (watch 7am,8am,9am) and when she disappears a few times when their interogating Jamey, she was prolly tryin to elimate the surveylance *spelling* so she could kill Jamey or tell Gaines or Drazen that they know Jamey is a spy and what should she do to her etc

Now I have 1 more question for you all, Who was your favorite character in the show (besides Jack, of course), cus I know we all loved Jack (kickass character). I liked Tony the most is what I have to say, and does anybody know if he'll be in the 2nd season. I also liked Palmer and how he stuck to his word when arguing over his wife about Keith and how he asked for the divorce ( I hate that bitch!!, I went crazy when he said it)!!

And also, anybody have a character they hated?

I only really hated Sherry the most and pissed off that she'll be in the 2nd season, grrrr

Everyone, respond back please!

Guest areacode212

*SPOILERS FOR 24 Season 2*

Yes, Tony will be back, and he will have Nina's old job. (according to my sources)

My favorite characters were Nina, Teri, and Palmer. Kim was extremely annoying, and I did a lot of yelling at her and her stupid mistakes while I was watching. I hated Lady Macbeth (Sherrie) too, but she was probably meant to be the most unlikable character in the series.

And the whole Nina-as-mole thing makes me even madder the more I think about it.

Guest areacode212

And what was the deal with everybody forgetting about Janet (Kim's friend who gets killed by The Sentinel)? Fucking Kim calls up that idiot Rick the first chance she gets, but she never asks about her friend for the rest of the season!

Guest packwingfn

Ya i do agree, wouldnt the doctors call Jack or the CTU and say that Janet passed away all of a sudden and dont know how etc..

But I guess you have to give Kim a break on what she was goin thru, but who knows?

I remember when "Alan York" killed Janet, i was like waaaaaattt? then i was just like fuckkkkkk, thats when I knew the show kicked my mother fuckin ass

Guest the pinjockey
I remember when "Alan York" killed Janet, i was like waaaaaattt? then i was just like fuckkkkkk, thats when I knew the show kicked my mother fuckin ass

Actually that is the one that never swerved me. Most of the other stuff fooled me but I never believed for a second that was actually him.

I thought Teri was much more annoying than Kim. I was cheering at the ending I hated her with a passion.

One thing that pisses me off is how some people dismiss the show as being unrealistic. Granted the original kidnapping plot is far fetched(but so are most action shows/movies), but people say all of those things couldn't happen. Why not? People say that there was too much murder and too many kidnapping attempts but if I am a Drazen why would I not try to recapture them after planning this for two years.

Guest areacode212

But it just got to be too repetitive. Kim gets abducted/locked up (and not only by the Drazens) yet *again*?! By the time the vans crashed into the cop car, I was like "ugh, enough already".

Guest Sassquatch

Kim reminds me of the stereotypical movie teen who is angst ridden has big tits. Her character went from a stupid twat to being the Bonnie to her kidnapper Clyde.

Kim is great to look at but when she opens her mouth, watch out.

Other than the minor problems with Kim and Nina's swerve, the show was solid and will hopefully have a good second season.

Guest areacode212

BUMP, just because I think we should probably have a one & only thread for 24.

So...how will the Season 2 opening sequence go? "I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and this...is the second longest day of my life" ??

EDIT:

Hey sassquatch, if you check out Teri Bauer's official profile at http://www.fox.com/24/profiles.html, you might be slightly amused to see that the character worked as a colorist for Dark Horse.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Alright.

I just got done watching the DVD set, which is my first experience with 24.

1. For the longest time I thought the show whould have been called "12" and just ended after he got his family back from the camp. Because the next 12 episodes couldn't touch the first 12.

However...it was all worth it again when Jack got up and ran down everyone at the end.

that was bad ass.

Guest Marshall
EDIT:

Hey sassquatch, if you check out Teri Bauer's official profile at http://www.fox.com/24/profiles.html, you might be slightly amused to see that the character worked as a colorist for Dark Horse.

Its sucks that theres no charactor profile for the best charactor -- Milo! The guy who is played by the dude from Six Feet Under.

Bps, I agree that the first 12 (actually 13) episodes were far superior to the latter, but I'd like to know what you thought about that balls out ending.

Dames