Jump to content

I miss Stone Cold


Recommended Posts

Guest bob_barron
Posted

No AS didn't.

 

I pointed out how I haven't missed Austin and AS pointed out three wrestlers that could cause one to miss Austin causing a debate back and forth between me and him which is what a message board is like supposed to have happen on it.

 

If you're gonna bash AS at least think of a good reason

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Trivia247
Posted

Too Calm everyone down.....

 

I shall say the one thing that makes everyone's heart smile......

 

HAKU MANIA!!!! RUNNING WILD!!

Guest tetsubeav
Posted
No AS didn't.

 

I pointed out how I haven't missed Austin and AS pointed out three wrestlers that could cause one to miss Austin causing a debate back and forth between me and him which is what a message board is like supposed to have happen on it.

 

If you're gonna bash AS at least think of a good reason

Sorry... all I saw if AS come in and, in his first post, not add anything to the discussion, except to list three "sub-par" wrestlers, then the dicussion took a side-turn into, again, some Brock-bashing from AS.

 

Sorry to make an observation. Not that I'm Brock's biggest fan or anything, but when I've checked out the board lately, I really can't enjoy the threads anymore because AS comes in and turns the subject off to his hate of any of a handful of wrestlers. It's just been getting a tad too repetitive.

 

Yeah, that probably belongs in No Holds Barred, but I'm doing it as a response to a post in the thread, so sue me.

Guest Anglesault
Posted
No AS didn't.

 

I pointed out how I haven't missed Austin and AS pointed out three wrestlers that could cause one to miss Austin causing a debate back and forth between me and him which is what a message board is like supposed to have happen on it.

 

If you're gonna bash AS at least think of a good reason

Sorry... all I saw if AS come in and, in his first post, not add anything to the discussion, except to list three "sub-par" wrestlers, then the dicussion took a side-turn into, again, some Brock-bashing from AS.

 

Sorry to make an observation. Not that I'm Brock's biggest fan or anything, but when I've checked out the board lately, I really can't enjoy the threads anymore because AS comes in and turns the subject off to his hate of any of a handful of wrestlers. It's just been getting a tad too repetitive.

 

Yeah, that probably belongs in No Holds Barred, but I'm doing it as a response to a post in the thread, so sue me.

Sorry... all I saw if AS come in and, in his first post, not add anything to the discussion, except to list three "sub-par" wrestlers,

 

Actually, my first post was Austin defense, and my second was quasi-Vince bashing.

Guest AndrewTS
Posted
Yeah..him beating up thirty guys at once was sure a moment to remember..

FUCK YOU. All you ever fucking do on this forum is wait for someone you don't like to be discussed, then come and make a little smartass remark about it. It's getting to the point where we can't talk about something that you don't like without your stupid ass chiming in with a wise crack. You are nothing but a glorified troll, your little "Everyone likes Benoit so I'll make fun of him every chance I get" is more annoying than a HHH promo. But since you're not a HHHater, nothing will be done about it, since apparently only the HHHaters ruin threads here. Give me a fucking break. This guy just wanted to express his Goddamned opinion on something, and you try to ruin it by being a moron. Of course, I've now succeeded in ruining it if you didn't already, but that's beside the point. Add something to the fuckng board for a change instead of trying to be such a Goddamn IWC rebel.

Hear, hear. And after Austin had the surgery he was somewhat back to fine form. He'll never be as good as he was before the botched K-Driller, but he was still pulling out good matches.

 

I'd honestly like to see him back, because even if he was an old face, on his worst day he blows most the current main event scene out of the fucking water.

Posted

He somehow could pull you into any main event and make you want to watch.

 

I haven't really seen any other wrestlers do that. Austin was great at what he did, whatever the heck it was.

Guest AndrewTS
Posted
wanted back at 7 PM tonight, Vince would be so happy to see him, he jin up some Storyline so that SCSA would appear At RAW. Vince's Depression and lack of participation in his company would disappear and he would be all happy again.

 

But... not gonna happen.

Vince wanted Steve to quit. Do you think he'd take him back?

Vince is famed for having his bridge burning feeling of "Closure".

This is true. Vince is so stubborn and childish he tries to bury the rep of some one leaving on bad terms. If someone like that is not leaving right away, he jobs them out (not a bad idea) and often devalues their finisher. That's somewhat acceptable, but crapping out their reputation with flat out lies is another thing.

 

Oh, and blaming the downfall of WCW on Bret?! What the hell was wrong with Na--er, Hog--well, nevermind...although Russo wouldn't have been a bad scapegoat.

Guest Goodear
Posted
This is true. Vince is so stubborn and childish he tries to bury the rep of some one leaving on bad terms. If someone like that is not leaving right away, he jobs them out (not a bad idea) and often devalues their finisher. That's somewhat acceptable, but crapping out their reputation with flat out lies is another thing.

So, Austin didn't beat his wife and isn't on trial for it right now?

 

So, Austin didn't walk out on the promotion?

 

So, Austin didn't make the nWo look like total tools and kill their angle? (Okay, maybe its not all bad.)

 

So, Austin didn't kick the hell out of the entire Alliance and make them all look like bitches while they sang to him?

 

Vince had to make things up?

Guest Mulatto Heat
Posted
I don't think Benoit is this flawless wrestling God that most people on the IWC proclaim him to be.

Methinks I wouldn't see that sentence with "Benoit" replaced by "Eddy" or "Angle".

 

Oh, can I get pointed to a thread where this is said? I want to add to it since I know it annoys people. :headbang:

Guest alfdogg
Posted
If I'm a troll what do you do..follow me around waiting for me to say something?

 

I don't have to. I can go into a good 2/3 of the threads in this folder, and see you lurking waiting for Benoit to be brought up so you can make one of your little wise cracks, and that's all you do on this board.

 

YOUR post was as senseless as mine is, or worse. At least mine was partially on-topic.

 

OK, I'll give you that one. At least you admit that your post was senseless.

 

If you want to bitch at me, there's a little thing called "Private Messaging".

 

Well, I've seen people get banned for that, so...no.

 

I don't think Benoit is this flawless wrestling God that most people on the IWC proclaim him to be.

 

Funny, I've never seen *anyone* call Benoit flawless, so this is just you stereotyping again.

 

There's no contract that says I have to like him to be on here

 

I'm not saying that, now you're just talking crazy. You can hate Benoit to your heart's content for all I care, You just don't have to bring it up in every other thread anymore, since I'm sure everyone knows you hate him by now.

 

People complain about HHH having too much airtime, ol' Stone Cold was doing the same thing..or worse..last summer.

 

While Austin did get too much airtime, HHH has been eating up a good hour of airtime since getting the fake title, and you can't possibly compare that to Austin, unless you're being biased, which obviously you are.

 

Out of the entire Invasion angle, and what should have been a promotional war..it was Operation Glorify Stone Cold for the better part of 2001..

 

I'll give you that one. The WCW/ECW was pretty much Austin's bitches, except for RVD and Booker.

 

Austin proved to be just as "out for himself" as Taker and HHH are.

 

Taker? Maybe. HHH? No. You think HHH would ask for a program with Eddy? I don't care if Austin left in the middle of it or not, I don't think he would have.

Guest Goodear
Posted
Austin proved to be just as "out for himself" as Taker and HHH are.

 

Taker? Maybe. HHH? No. You think HHH would ask for a program with Eddy? I don't care if Austin left in the middle of it or not, I don't think he would have.

 

I think Triple H would ask for a program with Eddie if he would have gotten some heat out of the deal. Why do you think he has programs with RVD? Austin saw a great worker that he could have good matches with and asked to have a program with him... probably so Austin could beat him and get a rub. Since Austin wins just about every program he's ever been in.

 

While Austin did get too much airtime, HHH has been eating up a good hour of airtime since getting the fake title, and you can't possibly compare that to Austin, unless you're being biased, which obviously you are.

 

Woah there, Austin was on camera constantly. I guess the best example was during his partnership with Angle and Vince, where after every match they would have a singalong or gift giving. Austin was a specialist at drawing his adventures out over the entire program ever since the Pillman 9mm angle.

Guest alfdogg
Posted

I didn't say he wasn't constantly on camera, I just said I didn't think he was on as much as HHH has been the last few weeks.

Guest bravesfan
Posted
So, Austin didn't beat his wife and isn't on trial for it right now?

 

That was well beyond after Austin had quit, nothing to do with his wrestling reputation and has yet to be proven TRUTH or LIE.

 

So, Austin didn't walk out on the promotion?

Yeah, like taking Austin away from on-air matches was a great idea to build Austin for a feud with Guerrero. Just like putting him in with 2 men IN A MIDCARD PROGRAM, who had not wrestled a full match since 1999. How's about turning every guy on the roster in April on Austin, to make him like a credible threat?

 

So, Austin didn't make the nWo look like total tools and kill their angle? (Okay, maybe its not all bad.)

Hogan went over Austin and Rock in every way leading to Hogan leaving the group. He beat the Rock CLEANLY ON FREE TV, and one-upped Austin on camera time after time.

 

Hall and Nash ended the nWo with their misfortune, bad luck and stupidity. None of this should be attributed to anyone else (besides the bookers).

 

So, Austin didn't kick the hell out of the entire Alliance and make them all look like bitches while they sang to him?

 

If the whole Invasion angle had not been centered around Austin, it would've been centered around Shane, Steph and Heyman, plain and simple.

 

Vince booked every WCW'er to look like shit...DDP and Kanyon were constantly squashed by the Dead Twins...Booker was made to look like shit by the Rock (not his fault, though) and all the mid-carders were destroyed by Angle, Jericho and the like.

 

In all honesty, Austin SALVAGED the Invasion angle. Everyone below him on the Alliance was the WWF's whipping boy. Austin made a mediocre-booked group to be a threat, which Angle, Jericho, Taker or Kane would not've done if they were to turn.

 

Vince had to make things up?

 

We are talking about Vince MCMAHON, are we?

Guest alfdogg
Posted

Well, to be fair, had Austin jobbed to Hall at WM, the angle would have had significantly more success.

Guest godthedog
Posted
I don't think Benoit is this flawless wrestling God that most people on the IWC proclaim him to be.

Methinks I wouldn't see that sentence with "Benoit" replaced by "Eddy" or "Angle".

 

Oh, can I get pointed to a thread where this is said? I want to add to it since I know it annoys people. :headbang:

i say quite regularly, most recently in the "4/97 raw" thread at old school, that benoit was god for 2 weeks in may. does that count?

Guest Mulatto Heat
Posted

No, because I could tell you weren't serious.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Posted

I'm glad Austin is gone, and I hope he stays or makes his own promotion like it was rumored. I'm tired of every angle in the company revolving around him because Austin/McMahon drew money. Every angle about him was just trying to beat that feud when it was a dead horse, or try and create a clone. And yet the guy was STILL the center of the promotion.

 

Oh yeah, the fact that he was given free reign to interrupt matches and beat the hell out of everyone just to get camera time when he came back pissed me off, too.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

Hey Trivia-

If you don't have anything to contribute- well yea.

 

Austin basically fucked Eddy and Benoit as well- I think he should've used his starpower to help get both of them over instead of leaving them to feud with Bubba and D-Von.

 

I only want Austin back if he comes back and does the clean job in the middle of the ring to Booker T, Eddy or Benoit

Guest alfdogg
Posted

I might be able to see him do it for Benoit, but not Eddy or Booker.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

I want him to job to Booker as a way for saying sorry for what he did to him last May.

 

And well job to Eddy for leaving in the middle of the feud

Guest Trivia247
Posted

Scroll BACK I Contributed...

 

And I'll do it again.

 

if Austin came back, it would be far down the road. And even if he deserves it or Not, Austin will probably get back his World title push and gets to Dazzle the Crowd competing with HHH's 4 Segments a night with his WHAT and Watch Watching.

Guest alfdogg
Posted

I was just saying Bob that Benoit is the only one out of those three he *would* job clean to, I think. He wouldn't do it for Eddy or Booker, I don't think.

 

I would buy it if Booker beat him clean, but it just won't happen.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

I understand but why don't you think Austin would job to Book or Eddy?? Both are from Texas and both could probably make him look good in the ring- Eddy especially.

Guest alfdogg
Posted

I think he would job to them...but not clean.

 

I don't know why...I just can't see it happening.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

My idea-

 

Bischoff announces he has a big surpise that will make everyone happy and everyone starts buzzing. He hypes it for weeks until one night he brings his suprise out.

 

(Glass breaks)

 

Austin comes out as everyone explodes and JR has 432,342,212 orgasms. Austin looks a little off though.

 

Austin gets the mic and praises Bischoff leaving the crowd confused. He then presents his side of the story saying he walked out because he was sick of the fans, sick of having to please them every night, sick of WHAT?, sick of the fans blah blah blah.

 

JR is aghast.

 

Austin then says he didn't come back to wrestle, he didn't come back to drink beer or have a good time, he came back to tell the fans they can shove it because the fans mean nothing and he never did or will give a damn about them.

 

(Cue some more music)

 

Booker comes out and is all: Wait a minute. He comes out, says how much the fans mean to him, how much he loves performing for him and how he views Austin as a lowlife pure and simple for what he did and he wants to kick his ass.

 

Austin and Book verbally get into it until Austin starts punching him and stomping a mudhole. Booker T comes back with the axe kick, bookend and Hangover and Austin flees the scene while Booker does a Spinaroonie.

 

Austin is so pissed off that he decides to come back and make Booker T an example of what not to do to Stone Cold.

 

Now that would rule.

Guest The Metal Maniac
Posted

I can't see Austin claiming to be sick of the fans. After all, he never really claimed to like them.

 

Also, while Austin may have been on TV a lot, this differs from HHH in some MAJOR ways:

 

Austin is arguably the biggest draw in history, and was so over that one of his catchphrases (What?) is still used today, months after he left. Name someone else that did that.

 

HHH is a barely-over wrestler, who got fucked over by having about 3 face/heel turns on a single show, butchering his heat, and who holds a worthless title.

 

Austin isn't dating the owner's daughter. He was on TV all the time, because he was PUT on TV all the time, because the man was so ungodly over it wasn't funny.

 

HHH IS dating the owner's daughter, and as a result, his massive TV time may come from this, and not any level of overness.

 

And finally...

 

When Austin was on TV all the time, to my knowledge, ratings WEREN'T free-falling like crazy.

 

I don't think you can compare Austin to HHH. They're worlds apart.

Guest AndrewTS
Posted

bravesfan84: Thanks for replying on my behalf, but wanted to add something else--Austin was complaining that the nWo wasn't being booked strong enough at first, but he also wasn't too thrilled to be getting in a match with Hall. Of course, would you?

 

And Debra's been a gold-digging opportunistic bitch from what I've seen, so I wouldn't be shocked if she made up the charges. Even if she didn't, that's his personal life and has no bearing on his stance with the company, natch.

Guest The Wicker Man
Posted

Can someone enlighten me? I dont ever recall Austin ever Jobbing CLEANLY in recent years. The only one i can think of is the 2 out of three falls at No Way Out... and thats because HHH was lucky enough to land on him after they hit each other.

 

Nearly all of his his losses where a result of intereference, and unseen foot on the rope or Nick Patrick.

 

Maybe Im wrong.. but when did Austin job CLEANLY on PPV?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...