TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest big Dante Cruz

Jon Walker Lindh

Guest Ozymandias
even Bill Clinton got a day off from suspicion.

He never got an hour off from suspicion. Not that he deserved any trust. And neither do the clowns currently in power.

Guest Cancer Marney
I didn't make any accusations you ugly bitch.

Whoops, that's right; you didn't. CoreyLazarus did. Sorry.

And I'm not ugly, I was just drunk and cranky. But once and for all, I do know absolutely that neither the CIA nor anyone else in any branch of the American government tortured Lindh in any way. We do not do that. It's my job to know these things. And I find the constant groundless accusations against myself and my professional, ethical, and hardworking colleagues sleazy and disgusting.

Guest Some Guy
Incidentally, why are there no cries of "Racism!" at Lindh getting 20 years while federal prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Moussaoui? Fuck it, Jesse Jackson might actually be right for once in his worthless life if he opens his mouth now, that's the only word that ever comes out with any consistency. Where the hell is Jesse Jackson when you need him?

Race isn't the issue Marney. Jihad Johnny is an American, the Moussaoui guy isn't. I don't give a shit what race either one is, they both should be executed and so should the shoe bomber guy who plead guilty on all 8 counts.

Guest Cancer Marney

I don't see why we should give Americans lighter sentences than foreigners. If anything, we should hold our own citizens to a higher standard.

Guest Some Guy

True.

I said I think both should be executed, but this an American citizen vs. a foriegner, not a white vs. Arab thing.

Guest Cancer Marney

Lindh: "Terrorism is never justified and has proved extremely damaging to Muslims around the world."

Oh yeah, my heart fucking well bleeds for the bloody Moslems. At least, it would, if terrorism hadn't been even more "damaging" to 3000 Americans last year.

Traitorous filth.

Guest danielisthor
Why did they plea bargain for only twenty years??

It boggles my mind

I've been trying to figure that one out as well.

Guest Cancer Marney

I can't explain or defend this decision. Lindh should have been put on trial for treason as soon as he was captured, under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Then he should have been hanged by the neck until he was dead. That his feet were ever suffered on American soil again was itself a travesty of justice.

Same goes for Moussaoui. Such evil filth are not entitled to a civilian trial. They make a mockery of trial procedure and they should be sentenced by a military tribunal as the unlawful enemy combatants that they are. Their guilt should not be in question when they themselves admit it. Nor their sentence.

Hang them all. And when the corpses are cut down from the gallows let them fall straight into hell.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I get more satisfaction knowing he's going to get raped and murdered in prison. That's much worse than a nice quick hanging.

Guest Cancer Marney

Unlikely. He'll probably be kept separate from the other prisoners.

Guest Olympic Slam
Incidentally, why are there no cries of "Racism!" at Lindh getting 20 years while federal prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Moussaoui? Fuck it, Jesse Jackson might actually be right for once in his worthless life if he opens his mouth now, that's the only word that ever comes out with any consistency. Where the hell is Jesse Jackson when you need him?

Race isn't the issue Marney. Jihad Johnny is an American, the Moussaoui guy isn't. I don't give a shit what race either one is, they both should be executed and so should the shoe bomber guy who plead guilty on all 8 counts.

You gotta belive race had SOME factor involved in Lindh getting this pathetic little sentence. He's white, has a white family in California, has a common name (Jon) and is an American. If his name were Mohammed something and if he had darker skin, you can bet the media and such wouldn't have been so quick to make excuses for him. Instead of being associated with the "middle eastern" looks of Bin-Laden and the 9/11 high-jackers, he was seen more as a "misguided youth." Lindh didn't fit the "terrorist profile" the nation has adopted, hence excuses were made for him rather than more bositerous screams for his head.

EDIT: There's also that mentality by some that Lindh was SAVED from a life of terrorism.

Guest Cancer Marney

I have to agree with that. Personally, I'm far more angry at Lindh than I am at Moussaoui. Lindh had every opportunity - everything, everything was open to him. He could have chosen to fight the good fight - to support America against her enemies, to be on the side of the angels. Instead, he deliberately chose to embrace lies and fanaticism, throwing away his rights and privileges as an American, rights and privileges for which others are willing to brave a stormcast, shark-filled sea in little more than crude rafts.

He threw all that away. And for what. A benighted mediaeval culture which promotes genocide, religious hegemony, barbarous terrorism, and the physical torture and enslavement of women and the intellectual torture and enslavement of men.

The brainwashed zealotry of Moussaoui is trivial, utterly trivial, compared to the treachery of Lindh. I'm not angry at an illiterate thug who files motions entitled "Stop Leonie Brinkema DJ Playing Game With My Life." I want him dead, but only in the same distant way that I want all such wastes of skin dead. I'm angry at the moral illiterate, the one who was offered righteousness, and instead chose evil.

Guest Some Guy

I think a lot of people kind of felt bad for the kid. His dad just decided he was gay one day and walked out and his mother is a whack job. When he was 16 and asked if he could go to Yemen instead of doing what any sane parents would do and say, "what the fuck is wrong with you? No, you can't go to fucking Yemen!" They said, "Here's your ticket son, have fun learning to kill your countrymen."

That's more of where the sympathy portrayal comes from, that and the leftists derive some sick pleasure out the fact that an upper-class white kid hates America, just like they do.

Guest Cancer Marney

Yeah, I know. I just don't care.

I've said this countless times in other contexts but it bears repetition here: Lindh chose evil and I don't care why. I don't care what his childhood was like or how fucked up his parents were. I don't care about his beliefs. And I don't care what made him what he is. What he is is evil, and you don't talk to evil, you destroy it.

Guest Some Guy

I agree completely, I was just trying to further my argument against the accusations of racism between the 2 cases. People hear that he had a fucked up childhood and automatically feel we should let him off with a stern talking to and maybe send him to bed without desert. I hear it, I disregard and say, "hang him."

Guest Cancer Marney

I know, I just feel that Olympic Slam had a point. I mean Padilla and Hamdi are technically Americans as well. But they fit the working model better than a white boy from California, and they're still in military prisons while Lindh gets a mere 20 years with up to 54 days per year subtracted for good behaviour, and credit for the entire time he spent in custody. Racism? I can't say for certain, I'm not directly involved in any of these cases. But it sure does look like it.

Guest Some Guy

I was comparing Mousaoui (sp?) and Walker, that was the original comparison. Padilla and Hamdi (what did they do? I can't keep all the names straight) aren't what I was talking about.

Guest Cancer Marney

Well, the point was that Lindh is getting off with a slap on the wrist for one of the most serious crimes imaginable. Moussaoui is black and he'll probably be executed. Jose Padilla, aka Abdullah Al Muhajir, is the Mexican who was arrested for having terrorist contacts and planning to build and detonate a bomb containing radioactive material in the United States, among other things. Yasser Esam Hamdi is an Arab who was captured in Afghanistan shortly after Lindh. He was also fighting for the Taliban.

So far, we seem to have established one standard for white terrorists and another standard for black and brown terrorists. I don't like to see that.

Hang them all, and let them face God's judgement on equal terms.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'd rather the government manage to be able to actually get some information out of him rather than just hang him on the spot.

Another victory for the US and the war on terrorism. We can all sleep better at night knowing this kid is behind bars for the next 20 years. Federal prison will definately make him a better person and a productive member of society. *sarcasm*

Guest Cancer Marney

Sure, that's a given. We always try to get what we can out of these scum, even the grunts. But afterwards, hang them. None of this out in 17 years, just don't do it again son crap.

Guest Jobber of the Week
But afterwards, hang them.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think you missed the point of my post.

Guest Cancer Marney

Nah. I just enjoy saying "hang them." <g> I wasn't disagreeing with your post; I was emphasising a different part.

Guest Some Guy

Didn't the Saudis execute the guys who bombed one of our embassies a few years back before we could question them?

I'm with Marney, get the info and then hang 'em.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Jeez. It's like a Conservative orgy in here. ;)

Just to put my own opinion in, I think he should have been released in Afghanistan with the rest of the Taliban fighters. He didn't go there to fight in a war with the US and I think he should have been left to live out his life in the country he chose as his home.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Well, that's fine. We're on the different ends of the spectrum, so I don't think a debate would be all that successful.

This was a war which was started by the US. They have already released many people who were fighting againt the US. Do you think everyone in the Taliban army should be put on trial?

Guest Some Guy
Jeez. It's like a Conservative orgy in here. ;)

Just to put my own opinion in, I think he should have been released in Afghanistan with the rest of the Taliban fighters. He didn't go there to fight in a war with the US and I think he should have been left to live out his life in the country he chose as his home.

But he and his buddies ended up in one.

What you said is like saying well I didn't go to the bank to kill someone, just to rob them if that cop hadn't shot at me then I wouldn't have shot him.

Walker chose to go to Afghanstan, he chose to fight with the terrorists and he's lucky we didn't kill him and all his cohorts in the prison riot.

Guest Some Guy
Well, that's fine. We're on the different ends of the spectrum, so I don't think a debate would be all that successful.

This was a war which was started by the US. They have already released many people who were fighting againt the US. Do you think everyone in the Taliban army should be put on trial?

Huh? WHo started this war? I could have sworn we were attacked by a terrorist organization that was sheltered by the Taliban and we gave the Taliban a chance to give them up, and they refused. We then RETALIATED for the attack, which was aided and abeted by the Taliban. So I'd say htat they started it.