TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest big Dante Cruz

Jon Walker Lindh

Guest Jobber of the Week
What you said is like saying well I didn't go to the bank to kill someone, just to rob them if that cop hadn't shot at me then I wouldn't have shot him.

Walker chose to go to Afghanstan, he chose to fight with the terrorists and he's lucky we didn't kill him and all his cohorts in the prison riot.

After all, we have so much proof that he fired at American soldiers.

Also, it bugs the shit out of me though the way that every news channel makes it sound like HE started the Riot in the prison, and that HE PERSONALLY killed that one US agent who died. Pretty good shot for a guy in a pool of water in the BOTTOM OF A DUNGEON! Must be that Al Qaeda training.

Guest Some Guy

Do you think that he wouldn't shoot at Americans? He likely would have been shot by the terrorists if he refused to fight against us. He was taken into custody and then part of a riot where an American was killed.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Huh? WHo started this war? I could have sworn we were attacked by a terrorist organization that was sheltered by the Taliban and we gave the Taliban a chance to give them up, and they refused. We then RETALIATED for the attack, which was aided and abeted by the Taliban. So I'd say htat they started it.

Let me make it clearer. Although the Taliban were letting Bin Laden operate out of Afghanistan, they had nothing to do with Spet.11. The US invaded the country which forced the Taliban to defend their country. My point is that Mr.Walker did not go there to start a war with the US, he went there to live with the Taliban.

Guest Midnight Express83

Don't worry about his death, put him in jail and he will die bloody and ganged rape, maybe not in that order.

Besides the reason he isn't getting the death penalty. Is the fact they have nothing to pin on him more major to put the death penalty on him. If he say, wrote the plans for the attack, then yes. But for someone who is born in this country(which makes him a US citizen for life..or how short of one is left) he can't be denied his citizenship. But since there is nothing concrete and there are lawyers in this country that can sweet talk a jury, its easy to go for the done deal and let mob justice do the rest. All the warden and correction officers need to do is let him loose with the others for an hour. And thats the end of him.

Guest DrTom
Although the Taliban were letting Bin Laden operate out of Afghanistan, they had nothing to do with Spet.11.

Allow me to make something clear: if you willingly and knowingly harbor a terrorist organization, and that organization kills 3000 people in a terrorist attack, then you are also responsible for it. The Taliban got a lot of money from Usama bin Laden, and they had no problems harboring him and his filthy friends, even after it was obvious the USA was coming. To absolve the Taliban of responsibility is preposterous: they were evil cowards, and they got exactly what they deserved.

The US invaded the country which forced the Taliban to defend their country.

You'll forgive me if I don't have one shred of sympathy for an evil regime that harbored the terrorists who killed 3000 of my countrymen. I think we should have found them all and killed every single one of them, but removing them from power and crippling their ability to seize it again is good enough. For now.

My point is that Mr.Walker did not go there to start a war with the US, he went there to live with the Taliban.

And the Taliban started a war with the USA by allowing Usama bin Laden to live and operate in its country. Walker acted against his country, and whatever reasons the do-gooders offer for that, he should have been tried as a traitor and executed.

Guest danielisthor

The Taliban would still be in power HAD they turned Osama over to the US. We asked for him on numerous occasions. They refused to give him over. They made excuses for him, saying he lived in a "hovel" he had no power, no running water, couldn't communicate with his terrorist organization, he was there as their "guest". They never thought in a million years that we would go right in there without their permission and go after him and his organization and take the Taliban apart. They got what they deserved and it should of been a warning to the rest of the uncivilized nations to NOT FUCK WITH US.

Guest Jobber of the Week
And the Taliban started a war with the USA by allowing Usama bin Laden to live and operate in its country. Walker acted against his country, and whatever reasons the do-gooders offer for that, he should have been tried as a traitor and executed.

I understand the argument for him being a traitor but I honestly don't think bringing him to the US and throwing him in jail accomplishes anything. I don't know all the circumstances involved but he didn't seem to be involved in the prison uprising. The other thing I wonder is was he fighting against the NA before the US came to Afghanistan?

I don't think his citizenship should have anything to do with his punishment. He was fighting with a foreign army. Most of his buddies are either dead or in the process of being released, except for probably some high ranking Taliban. I just think he should be treated no differently than any other Taliban fighter.

Guest DrTom
I don't think his citizenship should have anything to do with his punishment.

It should have everything to do with his punishment. Taliban fighters who came from Afghanistan haven't had the chance to know anything better. Lindh was raised in the greatest country on earth, and like everyone else here, had every opportunity to make something of himself. He chose to consort with evil men and make himself a terrorist. He should reap the consequences of that choice by being executed.

Guest Kingpk
I don't think his citizenship should have anything to do with his punishment. He was fighting with a foreign army.

Uh, I thought that if you are an US citizen, you can only fight for the United States. That's kinda one of the grounds for treason, fighting for another country.

He didn't renounce his citizenship, as far as I know.

EDIT: I don't know if it's been posted already, but the definition of treason as written in the Constitution is as follows

“Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.”

Guest Jobber of the Week
Uh, I thought that if you are an US citizen, you can only fight for the United States. That's kinda one of the grounds for treason, fighting for another country.

We did not execute people for treason after the Civil War.

And I think if we are to issue Death Penalties for this crime, it should be serious cases, such as if someone from the US military defected and gave away secrets. Although I personally am against that they even brought him to trial, which was my original point, I think he should be treated the same as the other Taliban foot soldiers.

And DrTom, I suggest you learn to be more objective. Your point is almost lost while you parrot propaganda such as that "greatest country in the world" bit.

Guest danielisthor
Uh, I thought that if you are an US citizen, you can only fight for the United States.  That's kinda one of the grounds for treason, fighting for another country.

And DrTom, I suggest you learn to be more objective. Your point is almost lost while you parrot propaganda such as that "greatest country in the world" bit.

Why should he, because it is the greatest country to ever grace the surface of this world.

Guest DrTom

"Parrot propaganda?" Whatever. "I suggest you learn to be more objective" indeed. I think I was speaking the truth. If you don't think the US is the greatest country in the world, then pray tell ,what country is, and what makes them better?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Who-France.

Why-French people.

I am the epitamy of evil, you will bow to my command.

Guest DrTom
I am the epitamy of evil, you will bow to my command.

Sorry, but I don't bow to anyone who can't spell their own title correctly. :P

Edit: Though I will give you props for the MENCKEN~! in your sig.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm so evil I spell things incorrectly because it anoys people.

Guest Midnight Express83

If anyone says Canada is a better country....

"Why do we need to leave America to go to America Lite"-Homer aka God.

Guest Some Guy
Uh, I thought that if you are an US citizen, you can only fight for the United States.  That's kinda one of the grounds for treason, fighting for another country.

We did not execute people for treason after the Civil War.

The reason we didn't execute people for treason after the Civil War is because we wanted the country to be untited. If we executed every surviving memeber of the Confederate amry and those who harbored them there would have been about 17 whites and several hundred former slaves left in the whole South. The North didn't look upon the South as a an enemy until the South split off ad when the South was defeated (thankfully) the North for the most part accepted them back as fellow Americans.

Guest Jobber of the Week
The reason we didn't execute people for treason after the Civil War is because we wanted the country to be untited.

Obviously, but what I'm trying to say is that I think execution should be saved for the most serious form of treason. If some guy defected with crucial military secrets, I'd be a Gassum/Fryum type, too. But this is just some scrub that we don't even know if he killed anyone.

In other words, you can extend me into believing a jail sentence is acceptable, but I don't think the Death Pentalty is acceptable either. And I think if our enemies were more than a group of bandits which pretty much all fit the same profile (Arabs with radical Islamic views), we could be finding more people like this. If we found 15, 20, or even 30 people like this, would you kill all of them, too?

Guest Cancer Marney

My question isn't whether we should kill them or not. My question is, can I pull the switch?

Guest Samurai_Goat

Screw the switch, can I strap him to the catapult?

And as I read what I just typed, I relize that would be pretty brutal, 'cause if you're strapped to the catapult, you're not going anywhere. That's some major whiplash.

Guest danielisthor
Screw the switch, can I strap him to the catapult?

And as I read what I just typed, I relize that would be pretty brutal, 'cause if you're strapped to the catapult, you're not going anywhere. That's some major whiplash.

Unless its some ACME catapult contraption that Wilie E. Coyote bought and it slams you into the ground when the cord is cut, that would be okay and rather fun.