TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

King of the Indy's

i recently heard about a show called king of the indy's, that AJ STyles won. Does anyone know anything about this show as i have never heard of it before.

Was it a one off, or is it held frequently? Does anyone know where i could get a tape of it?

any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers

ChUnK

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

AJ hasn't won anything called "King of The Indies" that I'm aware of.

APW did two King Of The Indies tourneys, one in 2000, which I believe Christopher Daniels won, and one in 2001, which American Dragon won.

Guest Last Warrior

I have seen king of indies 2001 and it is indeed a very good tape and features none other than Britain's own doug williams. The only slight bit that annoyed was Donovan Morgan's performance on the show. I have read reports since that he deliberately half assed it due to a disagreement with the APW owner, and if you watch his matches it certainly seems that way. Not even American dragin could drag a good match out of him in the semi final.

An interesting note from king of indies 2001. I have heard from people who know that if the bookers knew before the show what they knew after the show, then they would have had doug williams fighting american dragon in the semis instead of the quarters and they would have knocked donovan morgan out in the first round and put spanky through to the quarters instead.