TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grand Slam

I have a question...

Mark,

That looks awesome! I just have one question though. Are you planning on putting any info on the front page? Like a brief bit of information on what the SWF is, etc? Other than that nice work!

Guest Grand Slam

Thanks for the comments. I think putting a little blurb on the front page would be a great idea. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Guest Powerplay
Thanks for the comments.  I think putting a little blurb on the front page would be a great idea.  Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Random quotes from chat would be cool. Then again, Thoth and Z would be up all the time, along with Silent.

Guest Grand Slam

As you can see if you head over to the prototype site not much has happened since Friday. I ran into a snag* over the weekend.

I am still pretty confident that I can get the silly thing into a more finalized form and start the transition to Thugg's server relatively soon.

As before, any suggestions or additions to the page are welcome.

- GSMS

* if by snag you mean "my wife said we had 'obligations' and 'commitments' and didn't want me in front of the computer all weekend" then we are on the same page. ;)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Random quotes from chat would be cool. Then again, Thoth and Z would be up all the time, along with Silent.

Pfft, no one beats Mr. G... and I get quoted a tad myself. :D

Guest Tyler McClelland

By the way Mark, if you can, please center the whole thing and make the white font smaller.

Guest realitycheck

::introduces self to thread::

As chat's been mentioned, I figure we should also throw up a link on the site to download the script, and do a little pimping for our community.

Because it's the people that make the SWF what it is!

...that's why we have more retiree's than active members.

-Z

Oh, and if no-one's done it yet, I'll take TBS's nomination and offer to do "A Brief History Of the SWF". Though I'll probably have to be pestered and reminded. ;)

Guest Grand Slam

I would love to throw up a link to download the chat program...

but I have no earthly idea where it is. :)

And Z... you are writing the History. Consider yourself prodded. :)

:cheers:

Outcast -

The white font will be smaller, I agree with you there. But the page is supposed to be left justified. I'll center the main page when I get a chance (and update the links) to see what it looks like.

Let me know what you think.

Guest Tyler McClelland

I don't like left justified... my screen resolution is really crisp, so there's a lot of black space on the right. But, fair enough, you're the web designer :)

Guest Grand Slam

When I centered it, I decided to move a couple of things around, and I really like how it ended up looking. Plus it gave me the opportunity to fix a couple of issues that were bugging me.

There are still a few parts that are left justified, but I don't think cenetering big chunks of text is going to be readable. Besides, text stretches across the screen.

I looked at the stats for the page, and something like 60% of the hits come from people with 1024x768 screens. However, I think I'll keep it optomized from 800x600 as that is the average, and the standard, for the Internet.

Oh, and way back when, I asked for an update to the current champions and a list of contacts so I could get those pages done. So far, nothing. So when someone gets a chance, if they could get me that info, I would greatly apprciate it.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Mark, for anything pertaining to the JL or some kind of contact list, just tell me what you want and you'll have it.

Guest Grand Slam

TBS, right now I am concentrating on the SWF. I was under the impression there was an SJL site. Am I mistaken?

Updates: The Current Champions page is up and running, and the main page has been updated to reflect the new PPV and my column.

I am still looking for columns from anyone who wants to contribute, anyone who wants to mark up stats and Z's Brief History of the SWF.

More to come...

Guest HVilleThugg

The JL website has been dead for sometime. I did it, and then it went down...and I consequently killed it, mainly becuase of lack of time to maintain, and also because of lack of hits and it just plain sucked. Then, when we had hte problem with IGN Boards, I threw some crap up to help the communication issue, but as soon as that issue was solved, I took it down and destroyed it.

All that being said, I have room on my server for a JL site, so if someone wants to do it, feel free to catch me on AIM or PM me to talk about the specifics. Otherwise, there will be no JL site for quite sometime. Maybe when I have more time (not likely to happen anytime soon), I will add a JL section onto the site that Mark is doing right now...who knows. If someone wants to do it, I have the room, so...

Da "hey, it could happen" H