The One and Only week 15 thread

Guest BifEverchad

Hmm...

good show, pretty solid.

had its moments, but overal seemed like it was threw together

ah, 10 bucks is 10 bucks..

I have no regrets

Guest RedJed

About Waltman, I don't think its so bad he's in the X Division, as like I said, it could really motivate him to work his ass off again like back in the day. Also I'd love to see him and Lynn feud, even better, have him turn heel on Lynn and really go all out with a feud with Lynn finally gettting the belt back at the end.

However, I do have a problem that he got the belt with a simple run-in like that. That was complete bullshit anyway you look at it. I think I would have much rather seen him run out AFTER Styles won and if you must give him the title, have him earn it in the ring.

And as far as Styles go, they are going back to the monotonous route they did when they started TNA of "being screwed" out of a title opportunity over and over, like Jarrett, Truth, and every other heel, it seems. They should just either create a faction with those guys or stop that crap because it builds sympathy for heels, which is not good booking.

Guest JHawk

Wait guys, I missed the show tonight so I'm confused. What you guys are saying is that, technically, Waltman worked twice tonight? Isn't that one of the things that got him his WWE release?

And I'd have been pissed if I'd ordered it and hadn't seen Lynn-Styles like I was promised.

Guest cabbageboy

I dunno what to think. The show was pretty cool at times...the tag title match was pretty good and I even half way liked the opener despite the "Derelicts" involvement.

That said, the whole main event was a fiasco and I'm shocked that no one got seriously injured. Don West said it correctly: "There are too many guys in there and someone isn't going to walk away." West has a knack for that, it's his strength as an announcer....he makes shootish comments in a markish way.

That said, dear god why must I endure another X Pac title run of any kind? I mean the only possible reason to sign Waltman is to have your own guys kick the fatal shit out of him and job his ass six ways from Sunday. He's about as Un X division as you can get. And the little fucker just walks out and grabs the belt after everyone else busted their ass in a legit dangerous match. This was the first thing I've seen on the NWA that made me get really pissed off.

That said, I can see them building a Pac/Lynn feud.....GLOBAL baby!

Guest RedJed

He didn't work twice, he just ran in as Styles was about to grab the belt and he threw him off the ladder, then grabbed the title for himself. He didn't do shit, probably something he demanded happen since he worked the other match before. Who knows, but regardless it sucks that he didn't earn the title at all.

Yah, that upset me that I didn't get Lynn/Styles. That was what I was looking forward to more than anything. Unless Lynn is really hurt or is planning on taking time off, there is no excuse for not delivering on that match tonight.

More about the ME........I would bet Mamaluke fucked himself up bad. He was not cooperative with many of the spots, which makes me think he was legit hurt. That slam from Kash in the 4 way was brutal, and thats probably where the injury started. BTW, that 4 way was way better than the ladder match, IMO. Both finishes sucked, but seeing how it was booker later, I think that the botched finish in the 4 way was actually planned that way perhaps.

Guest J*ingus
I thought he broke his neck there, that was a sick spot for sure.

Funny, since that's pretty much what James said it felt like afterwards.

I heard that Jerry Lynn was indeed hurt when he was thrown off the stage in the brawl, that's why it took so long for them to get him out of there (gimmicked injuries are handled much quicker). And pretty much ALL of the X Division guys limped slowly out of the building after the show, they were all really banged up.

One of the dark matches, Onyx vs. Matt Stryker, was damn good, they busted out all kinds of cool technical stuff. David Young, TE Paulina, and Joel Gertner were in attendance, but didn't do anything.

The Chris Rock thing afterward was pretty boring. The whole scene is thus: B.G. James is champion, he cuts a promo on his challenger Ron Harris, and then introduces Mays Gilliam (Rock), who's running for President. Then Truth and JJ come down and the heels beat up everyone involved. They shot this same sequence like fourteen times, with the crowd dwindling away the whole while.

Guest eirejmcmahon

What a load of FUCKING BULLSHIT.

They promised Lynn/Styles twice in a row and failed to deliver, FUCKERS.

Got a good laugh out of X-Pac taking the X-title though.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Sounds like an interesting show. I've had to cut down on buying the shows, but I hope to keep up via tapes and I'll probably get a show or 2 a month.

Guest Slapnuts00
Sounds like an interesting show. I've had to cut down on buying the shows, but I hope to keep up via tapes and I'll probably get a show or 2 a month.

yeah me toom I want to save my money, it's only the second show I haven't ordered, but playoff baseball was on. I won't order the week the world series is on either.