A belt needs to go

24 members have voted

1. 1. A belt needs to go

• Hardcore
    • European
    • Woman's
    • Lightweight

Guest razazteca

Lose the Euro title, since there is only one European in the WWF and when was the last time Raw was broadcast from Europe?

Also lose the Women's title unless they bring in some Joshi.  Hardcore title should also be dropped unless they can get the ECW guys to fight for it or bring back the 24-7 rule.

Yeah, the Euro belt has gotta go; it's pointless, meaningless.

I cringed a few years back when they brought in a Lightweight belt, because I knew it was going to go the way of WCW and just have no worth to the belts anymore ("Hey I'm Eric Bischoff, and welcome to WCW..here's a belt"). With the average roster, two singles and one tag team (maybe less these days, lol) is enough and can suffice.

But moreover, the whole POINT of Pro Wrestling has always been a kind of rigged Ultimate fighting, with a catch-as-catch-can product full of all shapes, sizes, and stereotypes. Smaller wrestlers are often quicker and are therefore no lesser a wrestler than a "heavyweight." Weight classes do NOT belong in pro wrestling; it defeats the object of it. Of course, these days, the argument is that the smaller guys aren't pushed or believed to be credible against the bigger guys. But whose fault is that?

Remember Shawn Michaels.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I kinda like the Euro belt, being European and all :)

I'd rather get rid of the womens belt. I may sound misogynist but I'd rather keep the women out of the ring unless they can genuinely put on a match, which 90% of the women in the WWF can't.

Guest teke184

I'd dump the Hardcore and Women's belts at the least, and possibly the Euro title as well.

The Hardcore title has been pretty worthless over the last year and a half except when it was held by Raven, Rhyno, and RVD, all of whom are ex-ECW wrestlers.  

The Women's division is pretty useless right now, as Stacy, Torrie, Trish, Terri, and most of the other women are pretty useless in the ring and the only ones capable of putting on a decent show are Jazz, Lita, and Mighty Molly.

The only Euro champion to get over in the last year was The Hurricane, and I think that the last one to get over before that was either Eddy or Angle in mid-2000.  This is probably more of a booking problem than a problem with the wrestlers who've held the belt.

The Light Heavyweight title needs to be kept around (or the Cruiserweight title in its place) because the WWF NEEDS to have a separate division for the "little guys".  If the WWF ever gave the Cruisers a decent chance against the other wrestlers, it wouldn't need a separate division for them.  Right now, several cruisers such as Tajiri, Scotty II Hotty, and The Hurricane are VERY over, yet are stuck playing jobber to the Midcarder Of The Week.

Guest areacode212

I say get rid of the European title. It's really pointless and probably less than half of all fans can name the Euro champion at any given moment (how long did it take you to forget that DDP holds the belt?) I know this applies to virtually all the titles, at least the World, IC and Tag titles have a long and storied history, while the European title never really found a niche. Why was it created in the first place anyway?

As far as the Hardcore, LHW and Women's belts, I'm still willing to give them a chance, especially with the roster split coming up. The problem with the first two belts is that the natural contenders (ECW guys and cruiserweights, respectively) for them are simply not on TV, and if they are, they're being used as cannon fodder. If and when they get they receive the exposure they deserve, then the belts will become meaningful and interesting again (I hope).

As for the women's belt, at the very least, it'll keep people like Jazz, Trish, Molly and Ivory (so sue me, I find Ivory entertaining) around. Jazz, Trish and Molly have all put on decent to good matches, and I would miss them if they left.