TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kotzenjunge

My Comics Devirginization

Guest starvenger
That book honestly has no more redeeming value to it today. Now fans can go online and read interviews with their favorite creators that are interesting and fascinating to read and are not bogged down by the read tape in Wizard's interviews. Not to mention the interviewer's on the net are much more competent in how the conduct the interview and what questions to ask instead of dicking around and asking questions that most of us know the answers to.

Sure it does. It allows the youth of today to become the Entertainment Weekly readers of tomorrow.

On second thought, that probably isn't a good thing.

Guest Sassquatch

No, it isn't.

We end up with more rubes that believe everything Wizard says as the gospel while leaving out a ton of information that most readers are too lazy about. Then when they find themselves in a debate with someone who does know more about the topic and has done the research, they curl up into a little ball and use the excuse "well I never heard that so you must be lying" that just shows their ignorance.

I forgot I made this thread. In the last month I've downloaded Superman: Birthright and the entire Batman Catalcysm/No Man's Land story arc. I also bought the Superman/Batman Absolute Power collection, and the Crisis on Infinite Earths compendium.

No Man's Land got me into this stuff big-time, since it was something totally realistic in terms of a destroyed city and people scraping by for simple day-to-day survival. It took me a few years after this thread, but I did ultimately get into comics.

(And my gradual rule of the board comes closer...)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

You know, I don't know if you'd dig The Dark Knight Returns, but The Killing Joke and Batman: Year One might make for some good follow-up reading for Batman, in addition to The Long Halloween.

And, on a completely unrelated note, I'd recommend The Invisibles to you. Really trippy DC Vertigo stuff from Grant Morrison that you might like. Also, The Watchmen is pretty much implied with any thread like this, so here's to a token mention of it.

Superman also has a couple of good tales as well. Check out Alan Moore's What ever happened to the Man of Tomorrow. I would also say check out For the Man who has Everythingas well. In fact, the 2nd one I posted was made into a Justice League cartoon episode as well.

I also agree with The Man in Blak's suggestion of The Killing Joke. One of the best stories of the Joker ever told (in my opinion).