TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paranoid

Ten Greatest feuds!

Here are my 10 freatest feuds ever:

1) Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair (This feud had more hatred than just about any other feud i ever saw in my life.)

2) Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (The emotion was off the charts on this one. Former best friends for so long, and then enemies because of business, with months of buildup before their match of the century at WMIII)

3) Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair ( Even though the feud wans't very long these 2 guys had some great classics with each other)

4) Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (Very emotional and a lot of hatred with Savage almost killing Steamboat, and Ricky doing all that rehab to comeback and take the title from Savage as one of the best matches ever at WMIII)

5) Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart (A great double turn and what turned into a Canada vs. USA feud with pure hatred for each other resulting in at least 3 great matches between the 2)

6) Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (These 2 guys legitimately hated each other and you could see that on the TV screen. months of buildup which culminated in the biggest controversy ever during a match)

7) Sting vs. Ric Flair (These guys went at it for years against each other. MOst of the time hated enemies, but sometimes ont he same sides they provided some classics. Ric Flair MADE Sting in their feud.)

8) Steve Austin vs. Vince McMAhon (The great feud of boss vs. employee in which Austin represented everyone that wanted to kick the crap out of their boss, and resulted him in getting screwed many times)

9) Bret Hart vs. Owen HArt ( A great story with Owen becoming more and more jealous of his bigger more succesful brother resulting in a shocking turn and setting up a very angry feud resulting in a several great matches. I think many siblings could relate to this feud when it happened.

10) Von Erichs vs. Freebirds ( These guys hated each other for YEARS. and it went past one generation of Von Erichs. )

Guest Downhome

Just for fun, here are some of my favorites in no certain order...

1) Flair vs. Steamboat

2) Horsemen vs. Rhodes/co.

3) Owen vs. Bret

4) Kawada vs. Misawa

5) Vader vs. Flair

6) Bret vs. HBK

7) Bret vs. Austin

8) Austin vs. McMahon

9) Hogan vs. Savage

10) Undertaker vs. Mankind

...there are dozens moe, and dozens I love more than some of these. This is just what came to mind instantly, partly because I love them so much and are in my mind, and partly because I saw some off of the other lists. I'll post a more exact list, including feuds from the early 80's later and the such.

Guest Austin3164life

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. Why? Because it is the old-guard babyface, preserving integrity by coming back to challenge this badass rising star with a bad mouth. It's the Golden Age of wrestling against the Modern Era of wrestling. This is the feud wrestlers and promoters alike should study and measure their ideas to. The hatred was there, the match quality was definitely there, and the historical impact was clearly there as well.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Honorable mentions:

Hulk Hogan vs. the Dungeon of Doom

Hulk Hogan vs. Earthquake

Guest Tim Cooke

Misawa v Kawada (1992-1997)

Midnight Express v Fantastics (1988)

Choshu and Co vs. All Japan (1985-1986)

UWF-I v NJPW (1995-1996)

Volk Han v Kiyoshi Tamura (1996-1997)

MIdnight Express v Rock n Roll Express (1987)

Jumbo and Co v Misawa and Co (1990-1992)

Stan Hanson v All Japan Natives (1993)

Tim

Guest Shaneomac

In no real order

1) NWO vs Sting

2) HHH vs Rock ( DX vs Nation)

3) Austin vs Vince

4) Flair vs Savage

5) HHH vs Foley

6) Hardys vs Dudleys vs Edge & Christian

7) Austin vs Bret

8) DDP vs Savage

9) Austin vs Rock

10) Kane vs Undertaker

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Foley/Undertaker: I think Foley won three matches for every two Taker did. Taker won the blow-off and that's all that matters.

Guest bob_barron

Foley won at King of the Ring 96 and Summerslam 96.

Taker won at Buried Alive but Mankind buried him after the match.

Taker won at Survivor Series and then a few weeks later on RAW.

Taker also won the blowoff blowoff blowoff at Revenge of the Taker.

I think they fought two more times-

HIAC and a RAW hardcore match

Guest Dillon Likes Bossman

One of my favorite feuds that hasn't been said yet is Tanaka v. Awesome.

Guest swan

Fabulous Freebirds vs. the Von Erichs

Midnight Rockers v Rock n Roll Express

Jerry Lawler vs Curt Hennig

NWO vs WCW

Hogan vs. Savage

Guest natholy

In no particular order.

Michael Hayes vs Ted Dibiase from Georgia to MIDSOUTH/UWF nothing but GOLD..

Bret Hart vs Steve Austin late 1996 till Bret leaving for the WCW ...

Raven vs Tommy Dreamer 1995-1997

Fantastics vs Midnight Express in Midsouth 1984

Mankind vs Undertaker 1996-1998

Rick Rude vs Ricky The Dragon Stemaboat WCW 1992

Ric Flair vs Terry Funk NWA 1989

The Hollywood Blondes vs Ric Flair and Arn Anderson sure it didn't last long but I have one thing for ya anybody remember Pillman dressing up like Flair (times by about 100 years as Pillman's as Flair had grey hair, no teeth, was on every saught of medication and feel asleep every second and also had a walking stick) and interviewing Stunning Steve Autin in a segement called Flair for the old.

hahahah

NWO VS WCW 1996-1998

FMW VS WING 1995-1996

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Ted Dibiase 1984 Midsouth

and Magnum TA VS Ric Flair NWA

thats 12 oh well :P

REGARDS NATE HOLYNSKI

Edited by natholy

Guest natholy

Sorry but I always enjoyed the Steamboat vs Rude feud more they had better angles on TV and a great build up to their PPV matches.

regards nate holynski

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I'll be the first jackass to say Triple-H vs. Kane in 2002 :D

Guest globalhonored

My Personal Top 10 Greatest Feuds

10. Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon: Definately not for their in ring work, but this is what sparked the biggest era in WWF history(Attitude) and reclaimed the States for Vinnie Mac.

9. Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart: In & Out of the ring, these were the 2 guys that carried the WWF through American Wrestling's Dark Age of the early nineties. SOme great matches between the two and perhaps wrestling's most controversial match ever.

8. Masahiro Chono vs. Keiji Mutoh: The two top stars of New Japan during the 90s. Their past has seen them both as partners and rivals, and often competed for NJ Titles. Now, one runs New Japan, the other All Japan, so that their careers in different promotions still has a sense of the rivalry.

7. Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa: The new era for All Japan was brought in on the backs, or rather necks of these two stars. In the ring and behind the curtains they competed for top spot in All Japan, and have as many 5 star matches between them as any rivalry in history.

6. Ric Flair vs. Sting: The NWA/WCW star of the 80s & the WCW/NWA star of the 90s. These two men were the backbone for WCW, and fought for 15 years for the top spot in that promotion. Flair helped get Sting's career going while Sting kept Flair's rolling on.

5. Antonio Inoki vs. Giant Baba: These two men rarely met in the ring, but each can claim to have built Puroresu into what it is today. Baba's AJ & Inoki's NJ were built around there founders as the centerpiece and each found enormous success competing to outdo the other, benefiting the both. Only if WCW and WWF took notes.

4. Buddy Rogers vs. Lou Thesz: The 'Performer' vs. the 'Hooker.' During the transition years for wrestling, Rogers was the top showman champion and draw while Thesz carried on the legit ability as a true champion that also could still draw. They weren't friends during their wrestling days but each respected the others ability to help the business and are the foundation, one way or another, for the sport we have today.

3. WCW vs. the nWo: The angle that propelled Turner's team to the top and sparked the wrestling resurrection in the states. A story executed to perfection, well, at least for awhile. Plus the people involved: Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, Savage, Flair, Luger, Giant, Hart, Goldberg, DDP, etc., etc. kept the story fresh for several years.

2. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi: The rivalry that for the past decade has defined two seperate promotions (AJPW & NOAH). These two have been involved in multiple 5 star tag matches and Tag Title feuds on each side of the ring. Their singles battles have decided Champion Carnivals and Triple Crown Titles as well as their most recent classic GHC Title match that many are already awarding 2003 Match of Year to. There has been no two other men I would rather see square off in the ring....except

1. Ric Flair vs. Rick Steamboat: From the 70s through the mid 90s, these two men entertained fans around the world and competed for Televison, U.S., World Tag and World Titles. The greatest one-on-one run ever, 1989, was a series of title matches between the two that saw Steamboat finally win his long deserved world title and eventually Flair become the NWA's most celebrated Champion, each deserving consideration as "All Time greatest" type matches.

Guest natholy
Midnight Express v Fantastics (1988)

Tim

Hey Tim what did you think of their feud in MidSouth?

regards nate holynski

Guest Tim Cooke

"Hey Tim what did you think of their feud in MidSouth?"

It was okay but the MX work in Mid South wasn't my favorite though the Fantastics were excellent there. Condrey was a better worker by the time he got to NWA in 85 and Eaton was allowed to excel a lot more in front of National TV exposure.

I also preferred Lane in big matches whiule Condrey was better for squash matches.

That said, all their matches are worth checking out.

Tommy Rogers and Bobby Eaton were 2 of the best workers in the 1980's.

Tim

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff are two of the WWF's all-time best from a storyline standpoint.

A really good but forgotten feud was Jake Roberts vs Ricky Steamboat from 1986 WWF. This could've easily carried through into WM3 had Roberts not turned face.

Guest Kane Fan

The Kane/Undertaker feud - all the assaults on Taker and the HiaC ending led to a strong build up for the WM match. Decent match, but the feud carried on, including an Inferno match. They were pretty similar in moves and to some extent appearance (long hair, similar build, mysterious entrances).

Bret/ Owen feud - good build up which gave my favourite match at Wrestlemania X. Cage match followed which was excellent. The fact that they were brothers made it much more personal.