TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

Best Album Finales...

Guest cartman

"Sky" off of the debut Ra Album

May not be one of the "Best All Time" but still damn good and different from the rest listed here.

Guest converge241

not in order

"omerta" - Afghan Wigs

"street spirit" - radiohead

"end" - cure

"timelessness" - fear factory (on the original obsolete release

"midnight cowboy" - faith no more

"As a "bonus" question, are there any songs on albums where they *should* be the last song, but aren't? "

yeah - see Sgt pepper's loney hearts club band

Guest godthedog
"As a "bonus" question, are there any songs on albums where they *should* be the last song, but aren't? "

yeah - see Sgt pepper's loney hearts club band

i'm confused. are you saying 'a day in the life' SHOULDN'T have been the last track?

Guest Brian

A Day in the Life was so perfect to end it.

What about 'Knights in White Satin' from the Moody Blues "Days of Future Past"? Anyone like that besides me.

"omerta" - Afghan Whigs

"street spirit" - radiohead

"end" - cure

"timelessness" - fear factory (on the original obsolete release

"midnight cowboy" - faith no more

Converge, you rule...even though I'm not big on "End" as a song. Even "Untitled" (from the rereleases of Disintegration) is a better song. But yes, it fits for the end of Wish.

"Timelessness" is the best song on Obsolete, IMO. They wen way downhill after Demanufacture.

And, of course, "Omerta/The Vampire Lanois" fucking rules the Earth.

Guest whatitistoburn

"Short Stories With Tragic Endings" - From Autumn To Ashes - Too Bad You're Beautiful

Absolutuly epic. I'm a nerd what can I say.

NIN - The Fragile should have ended with La Mer/The Great Below... the second cd of that set is really just a waste. Or, if you want to get really technical, I think "Leaving Hope" would have made a better ending that "Ripe (With Decay)".

And I wouldn't have minded Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here ending with the title track, but that's probably just me.

Guest converge241

"Converge, you rule...even though I'm not big on "End" as a song. Even "Untitled" (from the rereleases of Disintegration) is a better song. But yes, it fits for the end of Wish.

"Timelessness" is the best song on Obsolete, IMO. They wen way downhill after Demanufacture.

And, of course, "Omerta/The Vampire Lanois" fucking rules the Earth"

thanks.. i sometimes just play wish with these 3 songs

open...cut...end

i mean i love deep green sea more than any but those make a nice little ep :)

I cant believe disintegration was the closer on one form of the album..i think Homesick would work on that album too..Shiver would make it from KMKMKM if fight wasnt there..i cant believe they are working with ross robinson on the new album...its odd

i thought FF rebounded a little with Digi..but nothing can touch Demanufacture

mere mortals like us cant even talk about how much Afghan rules.. we just cant do them enough justice

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I'll second "Short Stories With Tragic Endings." It's so unusual to find a beautiful female vocal as a counterpoint to insane hardcore growlin'. I really, really dig that album.

More on the Afghans' front: though the aforementioned "Lanois/Omerta" is pretty damn sweet, I think I love "Brother Woodrow/Closing Prayer" off Gentlemen even more. It's a major come-down.

Guest The Czech Republic

A Day In The Life, The Ocean, Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part IX, and Eclipse.

More on the Afghans' front: though the aforementioned "Lanois/Omerta" is pretty damn sweet, I think I love "Brother Woodrow/Closing Prayer" off Gentlemen even more. It's a major come-down.

It is quite excellent, but I just love the sleek, elegant ending of "Omerta"/"The Vampire Lanois"...it works on so many levels.

Hell, overall, I think that they have the best album finales (of stuff I listen to, at any rate)...the last song on every album since Congregation is one of my favourites on each. "Milez Is Ded" is fucking awesome, and "Faded" rules the school as well.

Of course, since their name is in my license plates, I might be biased.