TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(TORCH) Survivor Series Spoilers

Guest Anglesault

:blink:

Eh, I shouldn't expect any better, I guess.

BULLSHIT.

Off the top of my head, I can think of FORTY SEVEN better ways to be using these two.

Guest goodhelmet
:blink:

Eh, I shouldn't expect any better, I guess.

BULLSHIT.

Off the top of my head, I can think of FORTY SEVEN better ways to be using these two.

well, instead of coming up with smart ass comments and snide remarks why don't you entertain us and list those 47 reasons

Guest bcu1979

I don't think they'll switch both titles on the same PPV. It would just lessen the importance of both title changes - especially the WWE title since it won't even be the main event of the show.

The Shawn Michaels scenario seems much more likely. J.R. has been pimping like crazy what an amazing story it would be for Michaels to win the title. And since Hogan's comeback title win was such a HUGE ratings winner ;) , why not repeat the story with Michaels?

Besides, Triple H can do another job on PPV without elevating anyone and without looking bad and still get his win back almost immediately. That's logical RAW booking if I ever saw it.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
I don't think they'll switch both titles on the same PPV. It would just lessen the importance of both title changes - especially the WWE title since it won't even be the main event of the show.

The Shawn Michaels scenario seems much more likely. J.R. has been pimping like crazy what an amazing story it would be for Michaels to win the title. And since Hogan's comeback title win was such a HUGE ratings winner ;) , why not repeat the story with Michaels?

Besides, Triple H can do another job on PPV without elevating anyone and without looking bad and still get his win back almost immediately. That's logical RAW booking if I ever saw it.

Especially since Michaels flopped when he was champion when he WAS an actual wrestler.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

If Big Show wins, SD! should be on Comedy Central. Because it's just hilarious that they would bury their own product by putting the belt on a guy who the general public considers to be worthless.

I gave up a long time ago on Raw and HHH... so no comment on that.

Guest Human Fly

I was considering getting Survivor Series...not anymore.

If they do this I'll be shocked. I'm sorry but Raw ratings have been going through the sewer with HBK and HHH as the focal point. So they're going to extend it? And why did HHH get all these wins over people if he's going to possibly win Elimination Chamber anyway? Pointless.

If HHH or Big Show win I hope the ring gets filled up with crap.

Guest Zero_Cool

I probably going to watch the thing at the neighborhood Hooters. The sad thing is, they just LOVE the hosses.

*cries*

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Irony of this is basically Hogan's gone 'cuz he didn't want to job to Brock at SS. So instead of Hogan getting a big win in his PPV return to MSG, Big Show might get that instead? How wrong is that? I think a decisive third match-up with Hogan defending against Brock next month would be a much bigger draw than Show-Lesnar II, and Hogan putting Brock over clean in a cage match or something would be the best "rub" he's gotten since beating Rocky. Lesnar could've stayed heel, had potentially more heat after regaining his title from Hogan and not screwed up the proposed WM main against Angle (which looks to be on life-support already). Plus, sad as it is, Hogan would probably provide a more entertaining match against Brock than Big Show will.

Guest MillenniumMan831

Oh c'mon! Big Show winning the title would be HILARIOUS!!! 7 months of pushing Brock so he can lose to the big oaf who lost to Jeff Hardy. I WISH they would work the chinlock 90 seconds in, oh the reaction MSG would have would be worth the money to see it at BW3.

It's kinda like Show's last title reign (Which ironically started at Survivor Series 1999). That feud vs. Big Bossman was the pits at the time. But if you look at the tapes of it now, it's impossible not to chuckle at The Bossman's antics. "Ya hear that Paul Wight, You're a big bastard and your momma said so!" Hilarity!

But damn, if Booker T by some MIRACLE wins Sunday, I will give the WWE the benefit of the doubt for every dumbass storyline . . . until The Book jobs it back to Dio.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
*Gives up on WWE programming completely*

Ahem, Mr bps, if this is true then YOU OWE ME MONEY

Illusion - Future millionare

Guest NoCalMike

Ok well if Big Show winning isn't HORRIBLE enough, The WWE planning to smack all the guys who actually NEED THIS WIN in the face buy having Triple or HBK win?? What in the fucking fuck Vince......The sportsbar will be a very unhappy place for my group of peeps if this BULLSHIT happens. Especially if both "rumors" come true. On one hand I could easily dismiss this report as a load of crap, but on the other hand...we are dealing with Vince "we make movies" McMahon....Ahhhh.....I would not have such a problem with HBK winning the title, if I didn't believe he would just be jobbing it back to Triple H a month later.....AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHH. I am not going to lie and say "I will never watch WWE again" however, I will be severely distraught and almost just care NOTHING for title matches in the future.

Guest Brian

Alvarez said the same thing was happening prior to BackLash (with Hogan), and hopefully this time cooler heads prevail.

Guest LooseCannon
I wouldn't be surprised if either HHH or Michaels won, but Big Show ain't winning. It's NOT going to happen. Kwitcherbitchin, people.

I would've thought the same thing, but watching Smackdown tonight, I was somewhat puzzled as to why they had Brock bloody up Big Show so badly. I always thought you had the guy who was going to lose look strong going into the PPV. Am I wrong about that?

Guest J*ingus

The more I think about it, the more I think HBK will win the match, if for no other reason than HHH probably wants a high-profile singles win over Shawn (i.e., the rematch).

And here's an interesting point: what if Shawn does the same thing he's done eight times before?

Ya know, win the title, and then forfeit it instead of being pinned for it and "retire"?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I wouldn't be surprised if either HHH or Michaels won, but Big Show ain't winning. It's NOT going to happen. Kwitcherbitchin, people.

I would've thought the same thing, but watching Smackdown tonight, I was somewhat puzzled as to why they had Brock bloody up Big Show so badly. I always thought you had the guy who was going to lose look strong going into the PPV. Am I wrong about that?

Most of the time that happens, but not always...

Most of the time, in an Austin feud, Austin always looks strong at the end.

Guest eirejmcmahon

I get the HBK thing (don't necessarily approve of it mind), but to feed Lesnar Hogan,Undertaker and The Rock, only to job him out to The Big Show would be so unbelievably stupid that I just can't see it happening - AT ALL.

Seriously, as long as Lesnar can crawl down to the ring, he should be leaving as the champ and I refuse to believe that the WWE would as stupid as to even consider putting the belt around that big fat useless fuck.

Guest humongous2002

This is unfucking believable, what the hell is Vince thinking? Show as a WWE champion? HBK or HGH as raw champ?What a great way to build new stars, i hope the crowd at MSG riots and lynches HHH,HBK,Vince and Steph.I'm a wrestling fan but this is too much bs for me to take if by Wrestlemania this doesn't get any better i'm going to just turn off my tv every monday and thursday night.Whatever happened to the fans get what they want?

Guest nikowwf

Maybe we shouldn't go nuts before hand, after all this is the Torch and they put a disclaimer on it at the end (WWE changes their mind often) that they can blame the fact they are wrong on.

Guest cabbageboy

You know, I've been trying to think of a solution for WWE to get out of this insane groupthink they've gotten into, but there is no answer. It's easy to say "put the title on RVD or Booker" but I don't know how much that will mean to ratings or attendance at live shows.

I mean this is a full out WCW style freefall here guys. When you go from having a 7.1 rating in 2000 to a 3.1 rating in 2002, that is unprecedented fucking up. WCW didn't even have such a huge dropoff. They might have had a 5.0 in 1998 and then dropped to 2.3 or so by the end.

You can't blame this on the economy, or the PTC, or the XFL sucking, none of the usual dipshit reasons. It's flat out horrible booking and pushing the wrong people.

If the Big Show and HHH win at the PPV, they might as well blow up the WWE and start over again. Seriously, a full out total reset blow it up and start over (like Bischoff and Russo tried to do but failed).

In reality the thing that would help them out most is something that won't happen right now, and that is the NWA getting a TV show. It would spark interest in wrestling again to have a legit alternative. But since WWE has run everyone out of business the chances of a TV network taking a chance is iffy at best.

I will sum up the problems with WWE with their promotion for Survivor Series: Rob Van Dam is featured on all the posters for the show. Hell, they even have a recorded message of him that is calling people on the phone reminding them about the PPV. And to think, if these rumors are true they aren't even considering having him win the title at the show!

Guest Brian

Nah. I read in the Figure four and the Torch that Vince went into the meeting and pitched the idea, but didn't say whether he wanted to do it or not.

Guest FeArHaVoC

At this point, all signs indicate that Scott Steiner will debut at the Survivor Series PPV this Sunday. What he will do exactly is unknown. Plans could change as always, but as of right now, he is set to be on the show.

WWE is actually calling registered fans this weekend, pushing them to order the Survivor Series PPV. The phone call features a pre-recorded message from Rob Van Dam.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Guest nikowwf

Read Melterzs too....from reading him it seems like

BIG SPOILER

HBK is winning the title as Meltzer put it"Lets just say HBK is doing more than one match." Yes, he could be indicating something else but thats what it seems like to me.

As well, looks like Brock is going to be out a few weeks, and we all know the WWE has a heart attack if their champ must miss even a week so it could be a title change. Boo.....

Niko

Guest Choken One

HBK winning the title won't drastically upset me in the least...he can at least perform and cuts a decent promo unlike our current champ and the champion before him and before him (Hogan and Taker).

It is the Big Show aspect...I won't object to doing a DQ finish with Big Show dismantling Brock and Stealing the title...it is the possibilty of Brock laying down on his back with Show giant left hand on his chest that haunts me.

If Vince is uncertain, then Meltzer is uncertain.

Guest nikowwf

True.

But doesnt the fact that they are even considering giving the title to the Big Slug bother you? It bothers me...it really shows they have NO clue at all what their fans want.

niko

Guest Choken One

They have to consider it...They yet to know the severity of Lesnar's injury. If it turns out it's a drastic injury, then they won't have a way to get him off the title. I am expecting Brock to get a major checkup of his lifetime Sunday afternoon...If they determine he won't be gone longer then a month...he'll keep the title. Remember this isn't a Surgery like Angle is getting...He can still Partipate in Backstage stuff and even staredowns....Besides if they go with Brock-Edge...it won't be based on physical action but mind games.

Guest cabbageboy

You know, the fact that Michaels would even accept the title shows what a sleaze he still is. If you think he is going to job it once he gets it, you would be sorely mistaken. Or if he does, it'll just be right back to Hunter and they'll be right back where they started....HHH still a totally unover champion and guys like RVD and Booker screwing around doing nothing of note.

Guest Human Fly
HBK winning the title won't drastically upset me in the least...he can at least perform and cuts a decent promo unlike our current champ and the champion before him and before him (Hogan and Taker).

I wouldn't mind HBK winning the title if that meant he wasn't going to turn around and job it to HHH in a month or two. What are the chances that HBK will ever defend the title but the one time he'll lose it to HHH? For a title that already looks cheap that won't help it any.

I'm sorry but if the WWE thinks that the Big Show is OK to be a placeholder Champ then something is really wrong here. They need to bust out with the Survivor Series '99 finish (in which Big Show 1st won the title) and put someone else in the match.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Besides if they go with Brock-Edge...it won't be based on physical action but mind games.

Edge: "Dork!"

Brock: *grunts*

um...I think we better hope Brock can wrestle.

Guest AndrewTS
If Big Show wins, SD! should be on Comedy Central. Because it's just hilarious that they would bury their own product by putting the belt on a guy who the general public considers to be worthless.

I gave up a long time ago on Raw and HHH... so no comment on that.

Well, it would be out of place, because except for the stand up shows, there hasn't been a funny show on Comedy Central since MST3K moved to the Sci Fi channel.