TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Best drummer ever

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I've got to go with Flo Mounier, the drummer from Cryptopsy. I've never heard anyone else that good. He's the god of heavy metal drums.

Outside of metal, I've got to give it up to Neal Peart and Keith Moon.

What's everyone else think?

Guest Nevermortal

Nick fucken Barker. I know he's not the most technically proficient drummer ever, but goddamn, he can just pound the drums like there's no tomorrow.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
starvenger Posted on Nov 15 2002, 07:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal, from the Muppet Show and Dr. Teeth's band.  

I disagree. While technically proficient enough to hold a beat, Animal is sloppy live and one dimensional on his studio efforts.

My list(since i can't pick one) would include Flo Mounier, Trym Torsen, Neil Peart, Dave Lombardo.

Guest saturnmark4life

Danny carey from tool is a fave of mine, though his feel is pretty much the same for most songs. Dale C from the melvins KICKS ASS. That's just the only way of saying it. Brian Downey from Thin Lizzy was damn good too, very underrated. Live and Dangerous of course remains one of the greatest live albums ever.

Guest Harry Hood

Peart and Carter Beauford of hte Dave Matthews Band...anyone whodesagrees is wrong!!! ^_^

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Carter Beauford is by far the most talented member of DMB.

I've still got to give it up to Mounier, though, since he is the blast beat messiah. Listen to pretty much any Cryptopsy song ever to see what I'm talking about.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

John Bonham blows EVERYONE out of the water...

Although, Lars Ulrich needs a mention as well..

Illusion - Can't play fuckin' drums either

I have no place to say anybody, since I don't play the drums, and unless you drum, you can't tell the subtle differences of what makes a good drummer. It's a lot less subjective than giving your opinion on the actual music anyway.

Needless to say, my drummer friend always talks about Neil Peart as the greatest, along with Mike Portney being referred to as "God" on many different occasions. I will go with them.

Please tell me the Lars Ulrich thing was a joke, and I also pray to God that no one mentions Tommy Lee...

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
I have no place to say anybody, since I don't play the drums, and unless you drum, you can't tell the subtle differences of what makes a good drummer. It's a lot less subjective than giving your opinion on the actual music anyway.

Needless to say, my drummer friend always talks about Neil Peart as the greatest, along with Mike Portney being referred to as "God" on many different occasions. I will go with them.

Please tell me the Lars Ulrich thing was a joke, and I also pray to God that no one mentions Tommy Lee...

including Lar$ Ulrich must have been a joke since with only a few years of experience on the drums I can play most of his stuff. But then again, I get told repeatedly that I'm "gifted". Or was that "special"...?

Guest The Metal Maniac

I play drums - Though I can't pick out anything subtle about them. I'm odd like that.

Scott Travis is a fav of mine, as is whoever happens to play drums for Botch. Does an excellent job on Oh Fortuna.

Guest DrainYou42

Dale Crover - Melvins

I don't know about best ever, but i always felt that Jimmy Chamberlin(Smashing Pumpkins) was very underated

Guest Shawn 5

Joey Jordison of Slipknot & the Murderdolls. Seriously, he owns all other drummers. Even if you hate Slipknot in general, you've gotta be able to appreciate Jordison's drumming.

Guest saturnmark4life
Dale Crover - Melvins

I don't know about best ever, but i always felt that Jimmy Chamberlin(Smashing Pumpkins) was very underated

I think i mentioned earlier that ohhh yeah Dale C is a bad motherfucker. I've never been big on pumpkins but yeah i remember liking the drum rolls on 'tonight tonight' especially.

Guest redbaron51

also Phil Collins (Genesis Era though). The first person to introduce the double bass drum.