TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EMAXSAUN

XPW EXIT SANDMAN RESULTS

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Sorry, but I can't show ANY respect for a company that's a BLATANT rip-off of another. It's one thing to modify a style, or to imitate another promotion as a sign of flattery, or even be a rip-off promotion that can still pull out some damn fine matches...but XPW? The only above-decent worker XPW had left a long time ago, and now he's working for CZW. I believe we all know him as our saviour, THE MESSIAH.

Guest EMAXSAUN

would you guys love the messiah if he still wrestled for xpw? no, because you just dont like xpw, and its sad

Guest Nevermortal
The only thing good about XPW is Lizzy Borden.

Why you looking at me like that?

WHAT? SHES HOT!

I wholeheartedly agree.

But she's pretty wacky when it comes to movie ideas. Fossil Fuckers, anyone?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
I don't like XPW.

I think The Messiah is overrated.

AJ Styles would make William "Messiah" Welch his bitch :)

AJ Styles is a spot machine.

Messiah can work a match AND has a GREAT gimmick.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
would you guys love the messiah if he still wrestled for xpw? no, because you just dont like xpw, and its sad

Actually, the only reason why I currently own the first 2 XPW tapes, is because of Messiah and Lizzy Borden.

So wether he be in XPW, CZW, ROH, IWA, TNA, WWE, anywhere, I would still like the guy.

I don't like XPW.

I think The Messiah is overrated.

AJ Styles would make William "Messiah" Welch his bitch   :)

AJ Styles is a spot machine.

Messiah can work a match AND has a GREAT gimmick.

That "spot machine" would STILL be better than The Messiah even if he was blind.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Ummm...AJ's a spot machine? Haven't seen anything in TNA past Week 4 have you? Yeah, lots of his matches are spot-oriented, but actually WATCH the matches. He uses a spot-filled style to tell a story.

And EMAX, I was a fan of Messiah since I got XPW's The Revolution Will Be Televized 2 years ago when it came out. Only reason I haven't sold Go Funk Yourself! to a used tape dealer is because of Messiah/Supreme, where Messiah so blatantly carried Supreme to a **1/2 garbage match it hurts. Not to mention Messiah carrying Johnny Webb in their short feud.

Guest EMAXSAUN

there is no doubt that messiah was, and still is, a great worker.

all im saying is that maybe not you, but people bashed the messiah and xpw when he was still with the company, and by people i mean people from THIS board. now, they don't bash him anymore now that he is with CZW.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Hey, if XPW could put on an all-around good show that was readily available to me, I'd more than be happy to jump on the XPW fan-wagon, because I honestly DO see potential in the company. The problem with that potential is that it goes to shame when you waste card-space on has-beens and slugs that think hardcore wrestling is just about bloodshed.

Guest EMAXSAUN

THIS show is great. Trust me, its the best XPW show ever. And it is only 15 bucks, i have it.

http://www.xpwrestling.com/catalog/hostile...akeover_dvd.htm

you can get it from there or they sell them at best buy and sam goody and fye etc

hostile_takeover_front.jpg

hostile_takeover_back.jpg

(oh and by the way, if you dont have a dvd player do not get the commercial vhs tape, it is only 60 minutes, you have to get the live show tape which you can only get from xpws site, and its 25 bucks:

http://xpwrestling.com/catalog/hostile_tak...eover_full.htm)

Actually, i also am reviewing this show, and here is what I thought:

Super Crazy vs. Psicosis

A Good high flying match to get the crowd pumpled

**3/4

Pogo the Clown vs. The Sandman

Pogo attacked the Sandman during his entrance and just beat him up

DUD (NO MATCH)

Mexico's Most Wanted vs. The New Panthers

Best match of the night. every member of both teams gave it their all, the finish is sick. brian xl (now called malcolm) is in this and he is awesome.

***1/2

Supreme vs Angel

A deathmatch that is a little slow to start up, with actual build ups and stuff, which is good, but then got really fucking violent and the finish is sick.

**1/2

Juvi vs Chetti

funny stuff before the match as juvi jarred with the fans. the match was bad though with chetti blowing spots and it being too long overall. julio dinero comes in the end, which is cool, i like him.

*1/4

Vic Grimes vs Little Guido vs Altar Boy Luke

Great 3-way. guido was fantasic, and luke did some sick high flying moves. grimes showed that he actually can wrestle and busted out of nice power moves.

Kaos vs Hamrick

Dissapointing compared to their other bouts. The spots were nice but some of them were just done and didn't make any sense in the match, and the ending was blown. some innovative stuff with the ladders here though.

**1/4

Douglas vs Funk

Just an ECW style brawl which had to be cut short because funk tried to crack open a bottle of beer to hit douglas with and the glass shot into his wrist. his muscle was hanging out. gross.

Overall this show was great, and it really is a good purchase. if you are going to buy an XPW event, get this.

here is a post from someone who went to the show and their thoughts:

http://www.wrestlingheadlines.com/news/200.../1030906215.php

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I think I'll pass on that show. If that's their best show, then they really, really, REALLY need to do better. I don't care for Kaos, Chris Hamrick, Vic Grimes, Pogo The Clown, Mexico's Most Wanted (both men are WAY past their prime), and especially that fat no talented fuckhead named Supreme.

Looks like XPW still won't get my money.

Guest EMAXSAUN

well all i was saying was that it was a damn good show and it only being 15 bucks on dvd is a great deal. i think that you should pick it up anyways just to see how you like the new product, and if you dont, then that is your opinion, and you wont have to every buy xpw again. i just think its worth it because this is the only xpw show that didnt have shit matches. i mean, i am a fan of xpw, but even though there are some good matches on some of their tapes, for the most part, the tapes have more shitty matches than good ones. this show was great from top to bottom, with a little bit of everything. i think that you should get this tape just to give them a chance, and hey, if you dont like it, then thats fine, but i think you should still give them a shot.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Ummm...I see the main-event got * (which is less < most HHH main-events these days), I see a DUD, and I see that the MOTN was only ***1/2. Trust me, it still seems like I'm not missing much.

EMAX, ever heard of Primal Conflict Wrestling? They were a hardcore indy based out of Rhode Island that were in existence for a little while, but it went out of business because not only is New England NOT a hotbed for hardcore wrestling, but also because the owner of the company was worse at accounting than Paul Heyman. I think they may have SOME shows out there, and they were actually half decent. Better than most XPW shows on the whole. Then again, XPW never had José Perez or Verte...

Guest EMAXSAUN

well the main event was just a brawl, and i dont like ecw-ish brawls. i mean keith gave mustapha/new jack -*****, while some hardcore fans loved it. i dont like those types of matches, and seriously, the DUD was the only thing i could give to that match because THERE WAS NO MATCH. Sandman entered and posed, and then pogo just attacked him and beat the crap out of him, NO MATCH. i take back DUD, i should just write NO MATCH for that one with NO RATING. i dont know how other people would rate the matches, but thats how i felt. i mean, some other xpw fans gave the matches higher ratings like:

Super Crazy vs. Psicosis: ***

Mexico's Most Wanted vs. The New Panthers: ****

Supreme vs Angel: **3/4

Juvi vs Chetti: **

Vic Grimes vs Little Guido vs Altar Boy Luke: ***3/4

Kaos vs Hamrick:**1/2

Douglas vs Funk:*3/4

see i didnt think that they were THAT good, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this one is an xpw mark's opinion. but overall the show was fantastic and had a little bit of everything. i mean i like some ecw style brawls and only will give them * but it still is entertaining crap. bottom line: pick up this dvd you wont be dissapointed.

Guest dreamer420

in the words of the late great Gorilla Monsoon:

"why don't you agree to disagree" and leave it at that?

EMAX, ever heard of Primal Conflict Wrestling? They were a hardcore indy based out of Rhode Island that were in existence for a little while, but it went out of business because not only is New England NOT a hotbed for hardcore wrestling, but also because the owner of the company was worse at accounting than Paul Heyman. I think they may have SOME shows out there, and they were actually half decent. Better than most XPW shows on the whole. Then again, XPW never had José Perez or Verte...

Primal Conflict is still around, my friend tapes shows for them out of Mass.

They recently booked New Jack and all hell broke loose.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Coulda sworn Primal went under, Paul...

Wait, did they do a restart? Because I remember reading on the Primal website that they were going out of business...

Coulda sworn Primal went under, Paul...

Wait, did they do a restart? Because I remember reading on the Primal website that they were going out of business...

They restarted.

Their restart event was "Back N Jack"

Wrong move i say, New Jack was breaking glass and hitting everyone(even the fans)

Guest dreamer420

New Jack sucks. I can't imagine why any company would book him on a show with him being such a risky fuck.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

dreamer, Primal's promoter isn't too well-respected on the New England indy scene. He's made some bad deals in the past, but Primal Conflict is a pretty good hardcore indy. Eons ahead of XPW, IMO. Well, if only for José Perez, The Vertebreaker (VERTE 8:40 R3PR3Z3N7), and Thrash...