TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Funny thing about Ken Shamrock

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He signed for a # of dates with TNA, they didn't use them all because they felt he didn't work out.

Now...he's got the big fight tonight that a lot of people are going to see, and if he wins the WWE is going to want him back (they already did try to get him back, but they wouldn't let him out to take shoot fights so he ended up turning them down earlier this year and going to TNA where they would let him do whatever he wanted).

Well...as we learned with Malice, who the WWE wanted too...TNA held him out of finishing the dates on his contract so he could go nowhere.

Do you think if Shamrock wins, TNA will change their stance on him and have him work some dates? And do you think they never bought out his other dates to prevent WWE from getting him if he becomes a big UFC star again tonight?

Guest dreamer420

I think that win or lose Shamrock will be back in TNA because he is contracted to them for a number of appearances and I really doubt that they have all been used up.

I posted in another thread that if Shamrock did win tonight that Vince would try to capitalize on that and sign him right away but I'm not so sure he could do that now. I'd rather see him stay in TNA as he is a legit contender for the world title and TNA needs as many of those as they can get.

I can definitely see Shammy coming in as a face challenger for Jarrett's title as they never got to face each other during Sham's first reign. It would probably do good business for the promotion and have a lot of heat.

As for whether or not they'd take him back, not taking into consideration that he's a huge underdog against Tito Ortiz, WWE could do some quick business with Shammy. Possibly putting over Angle in a "who's the Best Anklelock" submission match prior to Mania, or helping Brock with his shoot wrestling. NWA would be wise to keep him to his contract.

Dames

Guest Tony149

If Shamrock wins tonight, I think he'll be back in TNA soon. If he loses, he might come back, but I wouldn't see it being for some time.

Guest Slapnuts00

Shamrock should could back. They never really explained his disappearence (that happens a lot with Shamrock, Hall twice, Ricky Steamboat, The Johnsons, Joel Gertner, Francine, Alicia [it's still bugging the shit out of me what the story was gonna be from that storyline from the first few weeks where wrestlers were giving her money. Since this board now is in contact with TNA reps themselves, if someone just could ask so we could get some closure on that, I'd really appreciate it], anyway I digress).

But Shamrock should come back anyway since he's still one of the biggest names they've had. He's an instant fresh feud for the uppercard too. It's too bad he had some serious ring rust and just wasn't clicking in his first few matches back, but I think they should definitely give him a second chance!

Guest Jobber of the Week

Well, Shamrock got his ass kicked for three rounds. Make your own conclusions as for his pro wrestling career.

Guest dreamer420
Shamrock should could back. They never really explained his disappearence (that happens a lot with Shamrock, Hall twice, Ricky Steamboat, The Johnsons, Joel Gertner, Francine, Alicia [it's still bugging the shit out of me what the story was gonna be from that storyline from the first few weeks where wrestlers were giving her money. Since this board now is in contact with TNA reps themselves, if someone just could ask so we could get some closure on that, I'd really appreciate it], anyway I digress).

But Shamrock should come back anyway since he's still one of the biggest names they've had. He's an instant fresh feud for the uppercard too. It's too bad he had some serious ring rust and just wasn't clicking in his first few matches back, but I think they should definitely give him a second chance!

I think Shamrock deserves another chance in TNA as wel. Obviously his MMA comeback isn't going to happen now, so TNA might just be the place for him. I agree that he wasn't really clicking in the ring during his first appearances, but given the chance, Shamrock is a terrific worker.

I agree with what you are saying about talents disappearing and not returning too. Although I don't think anyone really cares if the Johnsons and Gertner return to TNA. I would love to see Francine back in TNA, as she is a pretty good valet.

Also, wasn't it Goldy who was collecting money? Didn't she come out and collest from Scott Armstrong right after a match that he refereed.

Guest RedJed

Shamrock should now be all finished up with MMA, as his last 3 shoots in the past 2 years have been dissapointing as hell. He's just too old and not conditioned enough to hang with the new school fighters, who are way too versatile for Ken. The match last night with Ortiz showed he just doesn't have it anymore, but he'll always have the desire and heart. He definately has come out of this match as being tougher than he was once thought to be, and that is a major positive if he wants to come back into pro wrestling.

With that said, he can be brought back into the pro wrestling scene pretty easily with a different stance on his gimmick, this time just showing he won't quit no matter what, is tough as nails, etc. He still has built heat with Jarrett since he was the one who cost him the title match, if I remember right.

He was wearing a TNA shirt in some of the video packages last night, so I would expect him back sometime down the road here, hopefully working harder than he did last time.

Guest Slapnuts00
Also, wasn't it Goldy who was collecting money? Didn't she come out and collest from Scott Armstrong right after a match that he refereed.

Nope, that was Alicia Webb (aka "Ryan Shamrock" in WWF and "Melody" in WCW). She would come out for the first few weeks and collect money, from a referee, Jeremy Borash, that Japanese dude who was fighting Shamrock and last Ed Ferrara, who when questioned by Tenay and West what it was about he promised to "tell them later" but that he couldn't discuss it now. Well Ferrera left the company and Alicia disappeared meaning we'll never know :(

Guest thetrendsetter

Man... Shamrock's Value went through the floor... Unlike his other fights... This was a MAJOR loss on U.S. soil, against one of the top fighters in the world... And Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't Ortiz a division below Shamrock???

TNA should wash thier hands of Shamrock, however, sign those sideburns to a 10 show deal...