TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) The problem with RAW

Guest snowfan
The problem with RAW is HHH. Get him off RAW, and ratings should get better. Just look at this past RAW as an example of that.

And what do you suggest to do with HHH? He has a solid place within WWE so would you rather he was on Smackdown so you can complain about him "holding down" Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie, and Mysterio instead?

HGH needs to be told(like UT) that "you can go 'not feel it' in Japan".

He is FAR from the most over person in the company and the use of politics to pretend he is is PRECISELY the kind of thing that killed the AWA.

Funny, but wasn't Greg Gange the chief symptom of the fall of the AWA instead of Larry Zybysco?

The beginning of the end was when they insisted on continuing to push Greg as top draw even though the fanbase said no.

That was what I am referring to. The nepotism in AWA was so pervasive there are a hundred examples, and since Shane is not regular talent HGH plays a wierd blend of the Greg/Zybysko roles. Nepotism does NOT= ratings...

Well, since HHH is the Clique's "soul survivor" as far as real reputation goes, it's a lot more like the fall of WCW then the AWA.

There are similarities to both. Most people when they hear "the end of the AWA" think the late 80s. The fact is the AWA started dying when Hogan left and was accelerated when Greg was pushed against all reason. The mass defections were a symptom of the problems and the fact that WWF was capitalizing.

Organizations share similarities with organisms in that they must evolve to survive. The AWA would not, the NWA did partly, and the WWF did the best in the 80s. Now without environmental stessors the WWF will no longer be driven to do so by competition.

HGH is simply put the greatest potential poison in major US wrestling today, and the McMahons are happily lining up for the injections.

Oh, the NWA evolved alright.

Into WCW.

It's like the ape evolving into a retarded monkey, while the WWF evolved into a normal man.

Yup but at least the NWA evolved into something that could exist for another decade. The AWA is like protoplasm that evolved into a different protoplasm. WWF just got the opposable thumbs.

Now Vinny has nukes.

Guest LaParkaMarka
Paul Heyman spotted Gail Kim and pushed for to be signed. She will most likely end up on the Smackdown roster next month.

Who is this girl anyway? I have heard stuff about her, but I have not been able to find anything in searches I have done.

I would also like to know who the heck she is. If she's a worker, why would she be on Smackdown? Someone new for Torrie's dad to sleep with?

Guest snowfan
Paul Heyman spotted Gail Kim and pushed for to be signed. She will most likely end up on the Smackdown roster next month.

Who is this girl anyway? I have heard stuff about her, but I have not been able to find anything in searches I have done.

I would also like to know who the heck she is. If she's a worker, why would she be on Smackdown? Someone new for Torrie's dad to sleep with?

Torrie's dad=Vinny's stunt cock...

Guest Brian

The whole point of doing the elimination chamber every year is so that Vince can write-off the cost of depreciation and add it to his assets, rather than tack on a big expense.

If HHH jobbed to RVD at Armaggeddon for costing him his title shot and Jericho beat HBK with HHH interference, it'd work out fine, and then they could build to Jericho/RVD and HHH/Hbk final confrontation/retirment match at WrestleMania.

Guest the pinjockey

It makes no sense to use it again from a business standpoint. If they are losing money anyway just cut the losses now. People arent expecting anything from them now anyway why bother making a depriciation expense when it could cost you being able to declare profits in the future.

I can't imagine them actually using it again for a reason. A gimmick built for a six man match is absurd because they are rarely booked and it is too enclosed to have six men in it at one time since noone can get out and fight around or on top.

Guest Brian

You depreciate the value over however long they expect to use it. So rather than them putting out a 500,000 expense on their income statement, they put out a 50,000 expense. That's one of the reasons they're prone to recycle pay per view sets rather than be creative.

Guest the pinjockey

I understand the purpose of it, but I would prefer to go with the 500,000 expense in a crappy period as is, get the tax write-offs and just cut the losses now instead of waiting til the future when you might make profit and have this expense hanging around.

Guest Brian

What tax write-offs? They either write off the expense as an asset or take it as an expense for what it is. It's just like buying a building. Why, if you're going to use it in the future, take on the whole cost of it rather than write it off for 'x' period of years?

Hmm...a thought....

McMahon said he was gonna inject the WWE (well, F at the time, but you know) with a leathal dose of poison...the nWo...

HHH could have become an nWo member...

So in essance...the poisionous nature went to HHH!

I'm not going to talk on the whole 3H issue because I've made it clear that he could fall off the face of the planet and I wouldn't give a crap.

Gail Kim however is another story. Looking at the pics we may have Paul's new Kimona Wanaleia. :wub: And she can even wrestle apparently. That doesn't explain what she'd be doing on Smackdown though. Is Al going to be the new Godfather and have his own stable? I can just imagine the crowd's reaction to a menage involving Al, Dawn Marie, and Gail. At least it would give Charles Wright the opportunity to move on. I'd mark for the return of Papa Shango or Kama the ultimate fighting machine. /sarcasm

Guest LaParkaMarka

Dammit, Gail is quite hot. Anyone know if she's a decent worker at all? If so, I'd love to see her on Raw. Though Smackdown will be fine if Paul wants to pull that lesbian angle stuff again. Good times.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Perhaps they will make adjustments to the Elimination Chamber to make it better on the workers.

It *was* a cool gimmick, and I want to see it in SmackDown 5!