TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BA_Baracus

Ashes to Ashes comments.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"I'll have a Storm card tomorrow.

For now, have a jolly good time reading and commenting on the show!

Mothernature says..."

Guest Ace309

Oh mah goodness. I'll comment when I've got more than eight hours aggregate sleep since Friday, but the one thing that stuck out was Danny's match. Damn damn damn impressive.

Also, the promos were all excellent, and I especially liked the curtain jerker. I'll see if I can't get good comments up tomorrow.

Guest Thoth

Well, I don't have much to say right now, gathering thoughts, but neat first-person in the match I lost... and Thugg? Is HVT back full time? Holy shit!

And Merc lost an ear.

Guest Kibagami

Amazing match from Flesher, which I got to read a couple days ago. Excellent shit.

I loved Z's match just as much. Subtle psych with Nathan's neck, BEAUTIFUL oscillation from heel to face mannerisms with Zenon, great characterization of Tod, hot ending sequence...I like. I like it a lot.

Oh, yeah, THUGG BEINGZ BACK! I BEINGZ BACK TOO! IT BEINGZ BIG RETIREE DANCE PARTY!

In-depth comments tomorrow afternoon when I can devote the attention this show deserves. Skimmed Danny's match, too...very good shit, my man.

S.

Guest AnnieEclectic

First of all, lemme get this out of my system. *ahem*

HOLY SHIT IT'S THUGG! *MARKS OUT*

Now that I've woken up the neighbors, onwards.

Now, I worked a good 60 hours this week, a lot as they kept asking me back in. This however, is not an excuse at all because even if I had spent all 60 of those hours working I still would have lost to Danny's match. That was one of the best matches I have read in a LONG time. I got the Puro feel from it all the way through the match and he's shown that he truly belongs here. Congratulations to the new US champion, all I ask is for a rematch that, if his writing continues like this, I won't have a chance against a second time, heh.

OH MY GOD IT WAS THUGG!!!

sorry.

Flesher writes to lose like I think a lot of people expected and puts over Orochi quite highly. New ICTV champ and one that's most likely going to stay that way for a while. Who else can beat him?

Sigil kicks royal ass again but decides not to face me. That's right he's scar... wait no I'm joking don't kill me! Heh. Sigil loses, Ash wins, we get Annie/Ash V on our hands. Interesting....

I'M A CARNIE! AND I STILL HAVE ONE BELT! WOO!

IT WAS THUGG!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

...okay, I think I'm done now.

HVT and ELM have respect for each other, and they now both hate one Mr. McWeed.... hmmm.... the possibilities are endless but what will happen?

Can't wait for Storm...

-Annie

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, I haven’t read the show in depth due to the fact that my time in fleeting, but I’ll comment as best I can…

First off…big win for Ced. I haven’t really been following, but I would say that this was a bit of an upset, as I would have picked Mak to win…no offense Cedrick. Nevertheless, Ced picks up the win with a solid match, from what I skimmed…and I liked that there were lots of near falls at the end there. Good work.

Carnie promos are always a crowd pleaser, and this one is no different. While it’s no Edwin or Raynor, they still did a good job, although I’d have liked to see more goofiness. So, Annie joins the Carnival and declares all out war on M7…hmmm…could be interesting in the weeks to come.

And enter the Judge…Judge Mental that is. I like how M7 and MC are at war, and now have warring Promos back to back. MC adds a new member…M7 adds a new member. Welcome to the SWF Judge…don’t be a jobber. BTW, liked the Edwin fakeout…classic.

Sigil loses to Ash? Well, I sense a storyline in the works here…but after the match, Sigil beats the ever-loving crap out of Ash…yeah, that was fun…but where is this leading? A rather short match that was an obvious storyline match…a little disappointed with that, but still a decent read…but mainly because I wanted to find out how Sigil ripped Ash a new A-hole.

Is this a wrestling show or a horror picture? Ok, I like the Sigil/Flesher thing…the smack was cool…but Merc? I mean, I can see him getting beat up and left for dead…but an ear? You took his ear off? Sigh…I mean, it was a decent promo, but I’m just not buying the whole missing ear thing. I’m sorry to criticize…but I saw what you were trying to do, but I feel like you could have done it differently to keep it in the context of a wrestling show…ya know. Whatever, just one man’s opinion.

CIA defeats Frost in what was a damn good match. Nice flow, I thought, and that was a nice counter set up for the Air Canada at the end there. Good work…

Grrrr…references to me in a match…blasphemy…BLASPHEMY I SAY!!! And, ??? #1 is……SILENT!! Wooo! Although, I already knew it was him, but still…WOO! Good to have the silent one back…albeit under that Nathan Whatever name…It’s a shame that he had to be eliminated first. Good match, with Z picking up the big win…good to see him back and actually using his talent for winning instead of jobbing to Silent. Don’t leave this time butthead!

Orochi, Orochi, Orochi…why did you hit Ced with that chair? He got a big win tonight…and you had to go and ruin it by hitting him with a chair…tsk, tsk…wait…I liked it…nevermind. Having been heel my whole career…it must be nice to be able to do that…sigh…why did I turn face again? I want to hit Ced with a chair…can I…please? Short, but good and to the point promo…

DANNO! Big win there…Commentary was decent…nice work. I see you’re starting with that space between counts like everyone else…way to conform. Just kidding…nice win…big things await.

Thoth…I mean…Orochi back to old form…nabbing the ICTV title. Nice…Sorry…I’m getting sleepy, so comments are faltering…

Wow…what a great lead in promo for the main event…that was impressive…who wrote that?

As for the ME…Die stubby…that is all.

Da “not commenting on ME cause he wants to see what everyone else thought” H

PS – To answer your question…yes…I am back…for a while at least.

Guest Coffin Surfer

After reading my match in it's entirity for a second time, I am very disappointed with the final product. I knew somebody should have played the underdog, but I didn't know who. Should the match have been me over coming the odds to win my first gold, or Annie battling it out with a bigger, stronger, wrestler. It's very obvious the match switches back and forth, with both wrestlers playing the underdog at one point or the other, making it sloppy and confusing. I was pleased with the inring work which probably why it won, but the story telling was very inconsient. The time of the match should also be 28 minutes, not 22.

No, I am not going to just comment on my match, I did read most of the show(everything but the promos) I will do a full match review of the opener, sometime tommorow when I have more time.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yay! Late cards mean I can comment. However, you want in depth Paul Maguire analyst, pm me.

CED VS. MAK

-No offense against Ced, but I thought he was going to get his ass handed to him. Francis has really impressed me sense his JL days and I think he’s a sleeper to really cut up the card in a short time. Where did you get the opening narration, Ced? It was a really nice touch. Nice recap of the match ups too. You need to mark who’s saying what in your commentary more, but you do a nice job of using it to relay action and strategy. Kudos on knowing the proper figure four psychology. I think you could have done more with the “tag partners at odds” storyline just beyond them just knowing each other so well. The match itself was very well written with great spots, chain wrestling and pace but without a significant narrative thread it sort of lays there as just a match. Great hot finish; think it might have been a little too long for the opener though. The handshake at the end reminded me of Hennig vs. Hart from the first KotR.

ANNIE JOINS THE MIDNIGHT CARNIVAL

-Good segue into the Carnival coming out from Riley’s agitation. I think you guys should address the Zenon situation, but it’s teased well here. “I’m ripping into the brawn of the Magnificent Seven”, actually I would be the brawn and Danny would be the enforcer. I’m Windham, he’s AA. Basically, this puts Annie over and establishes her new ties. I wonder if there is any trepidation on CIA and ELM’s part in letting Annie in? She did turn on XF9 at the drop of a hat and is known to switch allegiances often.

JUDGE JOINS THE MAGNIFICENT 7

-Seemed awkward coming after Annie’s Carnie induction since it was basically the same promo. I think Judge could have been introduced in a much better and dynamic way. And what’s with the Edwin swerve, doesn’t make any sense at all. Neither Tom nor Judge Mental has been associated with Edwin in the past and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be coming back anytime soon. I’m glad to see Judge getting bumped and hope to be working with him in the future in some capacity. I hope his match this coming Friday makes for a much more significant intro.

ASH VS. SIGIL

-Ash just keeps upsetting people doesn’t he? Makes you wonder if everyone is selling him short. Nah. I think you’re still having a hard time in finding this new “darker” Ash and I don’t believe he really works in that way at all. You’d be better off creating a whole new character or completely scrapping the Ash Ketchum gimmick all together and recreating him as a new persona. You basically turn the no-dq match into a hardcore one, but I guess that is warranted being that is for hardcore title match, but there is a big difference between hardcore and no-dq. Announcers should never use insider terms like “no-sold.” Sigil is a monster who doesn’t feel pain, but he doesn’t “no-sell.” Smarky commentary is too winking and takes away the thin suspension of disbelief still required in wrestling. You need to describe the actual move set ups and execution more, the rest of the narrative action is fine though. I don’t get the Annie interference. She seems more focused on the Mag 7 than Sigil, who just attacked her to get too Ash and not much was ever really done with that. Also, she has to face the winner of this match anyway, so it’s like saying that Annie is scared of Sigil and finds Ash to be no threat. Watch the gratuitous swearing. The post match beat down read just like what you wrote against Frost last month. “I won, here’s an empty gesture to give you your heat back,” and no one truly gets over.

SIGIL BEATDOWN ON MERCURY

-I thought Mercury was long gone? I also didn’t even know that Flesher was working anything with Sigil, but I don’t see Tom being that concerned with Ash to send Sigil after him. I am curious to see where this leads, but all the beat downs don’t mean a thing if Sigil never wins a match.

FROST VS. CIA

-Wow! I am humbled and stunned. Last night online CIA was all “my match sucked, it was rushed, you’ve got me.” Well, screw you dude. J You sell yourself short with the commentary, I think you get a nice banter going and have the characters grasped better than you think. Your match reads a lot cleaner than mine and makes better use of trademark spots and moves. You do well in subtly building off the storyline of the last match between Frost and CIA that I wrote. Frost is a lot more determined and gives CIA much more credit this time. You could have built the finish a little better. The post match antics were also a little anti-climatic, but it plays into CIA’s character well and I think I can work it in a coming promo. I did give myself much more time to write my ppv match than I did last month, but I don’t think I ever found a good groove with it. I tried to work various psychologies that I believe ended up a little spotty and I couldn’t quite put a spirit or fire into the match. Oh no, someone else suffers SWF burn out. Although I thought I could win on having Riley scream, “CALL OUT THE NATIONAL GUARD! HE’S DOING THE ROBOT!” alone. Stubby, if you spot this, I’d really like to know what you thought of my match. PM me if you want.

That’s the first half of the show. I’ll try to give comments on the second half a little later if I have time and initiative.

Guest CED Ordonez

Ced vs Mak: Joint match. Mostly Mak's doing with a little of my work sprinkled in and altered to work with Mak's writing. One sick bump for each of us for the hot opener.

Ash Ketchum vs. Sigil: Dammit, Ash. 2 for 2 in PPV Hardcore Matches, but also 2 for 2 in getting his ass handed to him post-match by the loser. The man cannot get any love from his fellow man, I'll tell ya.

CIA vs. Frost: Dammit that was probably the most painful straightjacket beatdown somebody has ever given Frost. CIA HAS NO SOUL~! I mean, how can you do that to a defenseless person? Am I saying dammit to much?

Alex Zenon vs. Tod deKindes vs. ?: Z with the Crack Shoot and somewhere in Southtown, Terry Bogard smiles broadly. Oh and he won too? Swankage! Nice to see Silent returning back to action.

US TITLE MATCH

Annie Eclectic © vs. Danny Williams

Rejoice! Danny has a big gold belt! Must recover...to get...ass...kicked...by...BITCHMASTER 2002...

ICTV TITLE MATCH

Tom Flesher © vs. Orochi

Holy shit! First Person Perspective! One fucking wicked cool read!

SWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

El Luchadore Magnifico © vs. ?

FUCKING SHIT, IT'S THUGG! *runs for his damn life without commenting*

Guest Ash Ketchum

Quick Comments from Ash (more detalied ones later)

Ced vs Mak: Hot little opener here. Not a spotfest, but spotfest that's got lots of other good stuff in it, too. :)

Ash Ketchum vs. Sigil~A Ketchum/Sigil Joint Production here, folks. Nice job by Sigil.

After reading many comments on this thread, you all seen to say one thing, but let me say this: I've been working on something for the last 6 months, and no one knew about it until like 3 weeks ago. I was actually working on something right under your noses, and I didn't both telling anyone, so no one knew about it until I got called into chat one day.

What is it? It'll come in time... be patient... :) :P

Mwahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

[/evil mode]

CIA vs. Frost: Wow... damn, what a match. Excellent work on this one.

Alex Zenon vs. Tod deKindes vs. ?: Z wins in a purely awesome match. the psychology was wicked cool. :)

US TITLE MATCH

Annie Eclectic © vs. Danny Williams

coming soon to a theater near you: annie vs. danny: the rematch from hell!!!!

Oh, and DAMN YOU ANNIE!!! WHY ARE YOU HOLDING ME DOWN STILL?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :(

Just kidding!!!!! :D

ICTV TITLE MATCH

Tom Flesher © vs. Orochi

First Person Perspective! It's like I was high! Awesome read!

SWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

El Luchadore Magnifico © vs. ?

Thugg is back, and all is right with the world! And an ELM win! And Stubby's active again! REJOICE!!!!

Did I mention my top secret project? :)

YES YOU DID YOU ROID FREAK

Guest kelloggs

Ced v Mak

I liked it. It could have used improvements and stuff but so can every match. I'm just glad that Ced and I finally put together a match that I liked. First time in a while and that's incouraging. And I'm also happy that people couldn't see the switch in writing styles. That means we did good. Comments are appreciated. And it's tmie for a Mak Francis promo... been a while hasn't it...

Annie a carnie

Nice promo and of the quality I expect when Drew and Annie write. But much like Frost I'm wondering if you'll play on Annie's traitorus nature.

Judge and M7

Nice writing and idea but the swerve~! didn't have the same effect on me as similarly to my bump and debut with Wilson's help, your M7 ties gave it away. Still welcome J and don't become a jobber like me.

Ash v Sigil

A storyline match like mine so i have little problem with the in ring action but the after match beatdown left something to be desired. This isn't the Fed and giving 'heat' back just isn't cosher in my book. The after match beatdown loses it charm if used to often. It seems like people are just repeating storylines as will be addressed later in my EXTENDED comment 'Live from Kbank's moneybag' feel the sarcasm but be on the look out anyways...

Sigil kills Merc...

In the words of current retiree and all around great writer Erek Taylor... craaaaazy.

Frosty v CIA

I can honestly say I'm not surprised Drew won but Frost is a GREAT writer. Top 4 with the return of thugg but Drew is underrated, maybe moreso than Z during the M7 v Carnie feud this summer, because he had to no show a lot last month. Nice memphis match and all that was missing was the banana peel. Well this feud shall continue until next PPV and the big blowoff.

Z v Tod v Nathan

I knew who this match involved before I saw it so my surprise got messed up. I make jokes about Alex Zenon but I'll be the first to admit he has an excellent wrestling mind. Innovative spots, counters, internal storyline, psych and 9000+ words. That be good. Silent and Tod are both money but Z being tweener = money in the bank.

Ced gets killed

Nice Ced, niiiiice. Brief, to the point and got the point across. It does everything a set up promo should do.

Annie v Danny Williams

Stop your crying and take your compliments like a man Danny ;). Your matches have become much easier to read without losing most of your style so yeah even with the 9000+ words. I thought Annie could pull this one out but you brought the quality.

Tom v Orochi

The first person was a nice touch and it was a great match. The perspective made the match all the better. Especially the non tap out at the end. A superior job put Orochi over and alot to build off with your first loss in a while. I smell promo.

ELM v HVT

I knew this one too but I just wans't sure if the Thugg was coming back heel or face. At first I thought it was X but the WYS helped me out. It's a Thugg match what can I say?

And so ends the Franchisable comments... by stuff from my Amazon wishwish... wait wrong column for that. Expect 'Kbank's moneybag' because you know you want to read MY smark opinions on the fed...

Guest Ash Ketchum

Actually, this time, the post-match beatdown was for a reason. I'll explain later :)

Guest Serrated

Wow. I'm a little surprised by the high frequency of negative commentary in regards to my match and postmatch promo, so let me try to explain myself a little better.

First, don't blame Ash for the match itself. It was jointly written by Ash and myself, and I was supposed to have written a lot more since Ash was on vacation...but my being sick all week sort of hampered that plan. Ash requested the win, which I begrudgingly allowed because Sigil isn't entirely interested in titles, he's (seemingly) just interested in beating people down. Ash's win gave Sigil a good excuse to do so, and Annie's interference just seemed the logical way to cause the pinfall, since it seemed unlikely Ash would get the win on his own (in storyline) with the way Sigil has been hyped as a monster. So I'm to blame for most of this and will take the heat for it.

And I thought the Merc promo may have been a little overboard too, but it simply seemed a good idea at the time. Besides, I've made numerous mentions of Sigil targeting someone's ear during the post-match beatings, and it was a matter of time before one such attack succeeded. There's a reason Sigil is using that method, but it hasn't quite been revealed yet.

So the end result is that I'm 2-0, yet Sigil is technically winless, he's beaten up the roster yet has lost his heat. Not quite what I had in mind.

Hmmm.

Guest Ash Ketchum

Don't worry, Sigil. You didn't do that bad of a job. Don't worry about it. :)

Guest HVilleThugg

Oh yeah...must give credit where credit is due...despite the fact that the match is in my style, ELM wrote pretty much the whole match. I did the pre match promo and the intros, but ELM wrote the match itself, so kudos to him. He did a good job, and probably would have beaten me anyway.

Da "loses to give ELM a record of 1-324398 against me" H

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I have done nothing more than skim the show, but major props to the following:

Thorochi, for a nice little ICTV win. Congrats.

Annie and Judge, for being part of a new stable

Danny, for becoming more and more like Fallout every day.

Silent, for returning so he can resume no-showing.

And to the man, HVT. SO good to have you back.

Guest Ace309

Just for the record...

- That was my match against Orochi, written in the first person from Tom's POV and a job through and through.

- The Edwin promo was on the basis that A) I had the idea when Edwin was on, B) Every third person seemed to think that Edwin was World Mystery Man, and C) The theoretical fans in the arena would pop big for Edwin coming out when mystery men abound. Made sense to me, anyways.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

BIG BLACK MAN IS BACK~!

MODERATELY SIZED WHITE MAN WHO IS MY NEMESIS IS BACK~!

And Tom, you guys made the Edwin Fake-Out work very well. I giggled profusely. I also think your foray into first-person topped mine own from over a year ago, and was gloriously clever.

Now, never write in first-person again, and people will think you're brilliant for the rest of your career. Money in the bank!

This was the best PPV since Genesis...meaning it was better than dissention...and the re-injections of Silent and HVT plus the promising addition of Judge Mental to the roster show us back on a bit of an upswing. Looking good, boys...and gal. Bwa.

Guest Lerrin Breggan

Hey Mag, good job on taking down Thugg! You're just lucky another big huge noseller wasn't there to take the title from ya.... :)

On another note, things seem to be on the upswing, and its good to see that! Even though i rarely had any time this semester, i still came around and read up a little bit. Ooops, Edwin i just read your post while in the middle of writing this so I stole your word, "upswing". Ohh well!! Keep up the good work guys and hopefully i'll find more time to come around in the near future!

Guest Serrated

Oh yeah, and if anyone still has a problem with the Mercury ear thing, just assume it was a piece of plastic molding and a lot of fake blood designed to get a reaction out of the fans. Merc will be fine.

I think it would have been better if you lobbed the ear off someone who is a bit more of an active competitor than Mercury. Maybe if it was Ahs's or something. But just merc, who you know will never write a retaliation... hmm i dunno.

Also the only problem i saw at all with the promo really was that you made Tom seem way to compasioniate.(sp?) I always see Tom as the kind of character that would just shrug his shoulders after seeing Merc lying there, and simply close the door behind him.

All in all.. Mass violence = Ratingts!!

Guest Coffin Surfer

Ordonez vs. Francis

match rating: ***1/4

The match beings with Mak going after Ced's leg to weaken his kicking power. Good bit of storytelling with Mak taking Ced to the mat, were his superior striking is useless. A collar elbow tie up after a Mak half crab, really hurts the pacing. Why couldn't Mak just stay in control, start overs ruin the match flow.

Some Junior wristlock stuff follows, concluding with a Mak Tilt a Whirl Backbreaker. This sequence should have probably started the match, since the opening stuff goes nowhere and ends up feeling like filler. Mak than goes back to work on the leg with a correct Ricky Steamboat style Figure Four, but Ced counters with a Roll up. Francis hits a Backdrop and Gut Wrench Suplex! Mak than slows thing down with a Heelish Abdominal Stretch. Two big suplexes to set up a wear down hold, doesn't settle to well with me. Realistic in that the guys would need a rest, but if you need a rest that early, bad pacing to blame.

Ced pays homage to Danny Williams/Z by taking over with a Dangerous Backdrop into the bottom turnbuckle. This is way to crazy of a high spot to use as transition. Z is a lot tougher than Mak, but even though the move didn't directly get the pin he was finished after taking it. At least Ced took the time to sell Mak's offense, giving him time to sell the head drop. This effectively gives Mak's early offense meaning.

Odd Gamengiri sequence follows, but I guess Ced needed a way to keep the move as a credible finisher, and it was indeed a fairlly creative way to keep Ced from making an immidate cover. Finisher tease, leads to a oddly placed Belly to Belly Suplex tease, which ends with Ced keeping control with some kicks! After a headrop, and a finisher tease a Belly to Belly suplex tease doesn't excite me.

Ced kicks the piss out of Mak, but misses a Gamengiri! Nice bit of psych, since Ced alreayd used the move once. Mak hits the second head drop of the match with his Cobra Clutch Suplex! Now this is a credible transition sequence after all the punishment Mak just took. You should have teased this move instead of the Belly to Belly.

Not wanting to risk attempting another big move, Mak goes for the pin over and over, but with no luck. Good way to give Ced time to sell the headdrop properly. Mak goes for the Fisherman Bustah, but Ced counters with another cradle. Ced comes back with an akward Knee drop out of nowhere, but eats turnbuckle after another failed Irishwhip attempt.

Missed Frog Splash leads to Ced taking over. Ced and Mak trade chops and kicks, but Mak is at a disadvantage cause of the ribs. However Mak hits his High Kick, and goes for the Fisherman Bustah again! Ced breaks it up by going back to the ribs! He hits the final surge, a Dr. Bomb, and the Markout on the ribs to put him away!

Overall: The match was pretty solid, and told a nice simple story. The selling was good, aside from Mak coming back from the Backdrop/Turnbuckle spot. Sadly the match was flawed, with the pacing of the moves. Big moves leading to smaller moves, teasing small moves during the highspots, and stuff like that. And the opening sequence felt like filler. Other than that, pretty good match with great selling.

Guest CED Ordonez

Wow. A match review of a match I co-wrote.

*kills the nearest god-like entity and spraypaints "Reserved for Danny Williams" in their parking space.*

Guest Suicide King

I believe that was MY parking space.

Anyway, a rather enjoyable show. I am well pleased. Now however the universe is gravely unbalanced... what do I mean?

Well in the beginning there was a trinity of equally balanced forces... let's call them ELM, KoH, and HVT. Now ELM could always beat KoH, but HVT could always beat ELM. And KoH could always, ALWAYS make HVT into a big black bitch, and so the balance was maintained by an equilibrium of forces.

::points to chart::

But now that ELM has beaten HVT, the balance is awry. There is only one way to fix it... I, and I alone, must return to beat ELM, and then job to HVT.

The things I do for you people.

::begins lacing up his boots::

Guest kelloggs

w00t at the three and a fourth snowflakes! We actually put on a passable wrestling match Ced!

And since ELM just broke the cycle does that mean he's a new kliq member. I thought you guys only jobbed to eachother...

/me marks King return & ELM beingz in the kliq 4 life1!!1!1!