TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You, YES YOU can save Smackdown

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

A website dedicated to saving shows in jeopardy of being cancelled, SaveMyShow.com, has added WWE Smackdown to its list of shows, along with Alias and The Bernie Mac Show, among others. As detailed earlier in the VIP EMAIL EXPRESS "Keller's News & Views" report, Smackdown's contract with UPN expires in August next year.

As of Sunday night at 11:51 p.m., more website visitors had voted to cancel the show than renew it by a small margin of 51 to 48 percent.

Guest CanadianChick

those people are dreaming if they actually think that Smackdown will be canceled. it is the highest rated show on upn; why would they cancel it?

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

It won't get cancelled, but it might get renewed at a lower rate than in the original contract.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

UPN dropped it in Buffalo already.

We had some scrub local station that going to start broadcasting it instead.

Guest Ace309

UPN dropped it in Buffalo?

Er... that's news to me. Of course, I didn't watch this week, but...

Ouch.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It hasn't happend yet, but channel 11 in buffalo (which is UPN) is going to stop putting it on and channel 16 (WNLO...whatever that is) is running commercials that they are getting it next year.

Guest B-X

Interesting site. I went and voted to cancel The Simpsons. We's gots to stop them from ruining the shows legacy.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Hmm.

I dont know of anything UPN could replace Smackdown with and get 3.0's in the ratings, every single week..

And dont cancel the Simpsons either. It is still one of the funnier shows on TV..

Guest papacita

Wow...not that it actually matters, but slightly more people have voted to cancel Smackdown than they have to save it. I'm surprised.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
move it to FOX, so a bigger audience can view the show.

Wouldnt have a problem with that since I get FOX, but I would also lose out on being able to watch it early before everyone else.

Guest Cataclysm911

I just wanna see Smackdown! move to a new station. Hopefully one that I can get locally.

UPN is such a horrible, horrible station. I don't know why Smackdown! went there to begin with.

FOX would be fine with me. How about Foxsports? It could be show right after The Best Damn Sports Show Period. That would work for me. :) Of course, not as many people get that.

Guest Mole
They're thinking of cancelling Bernie Mac? THE HORROR!!!!!!!

I think that is because the main audience are blacks, and they are watching My Wife and Kids, which is a GREAT show, IMHO.

Anyway, UPN will NEVER cancel Smackdown!. It is their highest rated show, and that would just dumb. It would be like NBC canceling Friends or ER, it wouldn't make any sense.

Does anyone know why SaveMyShow.com even put Smackdown! up on their website?

Guest Youth N Asia

UPN is such a hit and miss market, like the WB. A lot of people have it, a lot don't.

UPN is on a lot of basic tv, but I don't know anyone with satalite that has it.

Although no matter how bad the product can get, I'm a die hard fan and would like to see the show on tv.

Guest SP-1

When talking about where to move a show, you've got to keep in mind that WWE has a deal with Viacom/CBS (I think) which owns TNN, and is partnered with Paramount (thus UPN), if I understand things right.

That sorta limits where a show can go. As long as we don't wind up with Smackdown! on TNN, I'll be happy.

Guest nikowwf

Considering the second WWE special in the last 3 months is coming soon in order to bolster ratings on other nights UPN is doing bad, i dont see why theyd cancel smackdown.

nothing else they have can get decent numbers against Friends & Survivor on thursday nights.

niko