Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 But he's not out of the woods yet. After Helldorado, he has to go make a stupid Spy Hunter movie based on the arcade game. I hope he doesn't return then. He's doing Johnny Bravo after that. Release him, Vince.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Vince makes money off the Rock's movies though so it'd be stupid to release him
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Vince makes money off the Rock's movies though so it'd be stupid to release him Didn't know that.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 He gets a producing credit I think
Guest dreamer420 Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 So I guess they will be keeping him around and handing him the title whenever he takes a filming break. Fuck, that makes me want to vomit with rage.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Why? At least Rock puts people over and draws
Guest LatinoHeat Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 If ESPN owns TSN then why dont we we get ESPN in Canada? I'd much rather have ESPN rather than TSN.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 I don't mind TSN too much- I watch the Score though usually
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Why? At least Rock puts people over and draws Because it's totally unfair to the other workers for Rocky to just come in for two months in between movies, disrupt everything, and get the belt. RATINGS WENT DOWN FOR HIS LAST BIG COMEBACK. HE IS NO LONGER A SHORT-TERM BOOST! HE WAS BOOED OUT OF THE BUILDING AT SUMMERSLAM!
Guest dreamer420 Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 HE WAS BOOED OUT OF THE BUILDING AT SUMMERSLAM! One of the greatest moments in WWE history.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 You don't need to shout there. Ratings went down because they had him comeback twice before his official comeback which was unbeliebly stupid. I'm so glad one of your all time favourite moments is a main eventer who actually does the right thing unlike Taker and HHH get booed out of the building while he is trying to make new star
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 HE WAS BOOED OUT OF THE BUILDING AT SUMMERSLAM! One of the greatest moments in WWE history. I was there. There were these kids who looked like they were about to cry because The Rock was getting booed. I didn't have the heart to tell them Rock would be leaving again, so they never found out why I was screaming: "LET'S-GO-LES-NAR! (clap, clap, clapclapclap)"
Guest dreamer420 Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 You don't need to shout there. Ratings went down because they had him comeback twice before his official comeback which was unbeliebly stupid. I'm so glad one of your all time favourite moments is a main eventer who actually does the right thing unlike Taker and HHH get booed out of the building while he is trying to make new star Actually I was glad to see him return to Raw after Austin left. I thought that was a pretty decent gesture on his part.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 I thought so but I thought it was stupid for them to hype his return to Smackdown as such a big deal when it really wasn't.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 You don't need to shout there. Ratings went down because they had him comeback twice before his official comeback which was unbeliebly stupid. I'm so glad one of your all time favourite moments is a main eventer who actually does the right thing unlike Taker and HHH get booed out of the building while he is trying to make new star If doing the right thing is just showing up every two months, getting the title, jobbing, and leaving again, then yes he does the right thing. I'd prefer him to stay and try to improve the business for a bit before he jets off to his next shitty B-Movie.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Think of it in his case- He can make money while not having to go out there every night, not see his family, risk injury and he still gets make WWE some cash
Guest treble charged Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 If ESPN owns TSN then why dont we we get ESPN in Canada? I'd much rather have ESPN rather than TSN. CTV is the majority owner of TSN. ESPN has a stake in it, and that's why they changed all the logos and lettering to the same look as ESPN. We were *this* close to them re-naming it 'ESPN Canada'. Thankfully, they came to their sense.
Guest dreamer420 Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 ESPN Canada would be enough for me to stop watching the channel.
Guest CanadianChris Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 If ESPN owns TSN then why dont we we get ESPN in Canada? I'd much rather have ESPN rather than TSN. CRTC rules - we can't receive an American channel if there is a Canadian channel which offers the same type of programming. That's why we get the Golf Channel and Speedvision from the US, but not the Cartoon Network (we have Teletoon), or Comedy Central (Comedy Network), or ESPN (TSN). Sucks for us. Oh, and The Score sucks. I can't stand their announcers, or all those stupid unnecessary cut-ins they make during Diamond Surfing.
Guest Jobber of the Week Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 We were *this* close to them re-naming it 'ESPN Canada'. Thankfully, they came to their sense. Why? This reminds me of the guy I know who only watches MuchMusic but never watches MTV Canada, even though except for some indie bands on Much they basically show the same damn thing.
Guest HartFan86 Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Go check out the credits for Scorpin King. Look for Executive Producer. He didn't even do anything other than let them use the name "The Rock" in the flim and he gets a big part of the credits. FOR DOING NOTHING. Ego Stroke 101.
Guest Jobber of the Week Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Ego Stroke 101. Actually, I think it's more like Big Check 101.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 He let them Rock thus causing to be able to make big money on their movie so of course his name should be credited. If you're gonna hate Vince think of a good reason
Guest The Electrifyer Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Shit I missed it... they do re-air OTR the next day at noon, right?
Guest RavishingRickRudo Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Landsberg: Paul, are you Jewish? Heyman: "I don't know" Landsberg: Paul, what colour is the sky? Heyman: "You know, I don't know" Landsberg: Paul, 1 + 1... What is it? C'mon Paul, Mcmahon won't fire you for answering this one, ok? You're safe here. You answer it.. Heyman: "Hahahaha, Michael that's not the case at all... I mean, if you look at it, 1+1 could equal anything... I don't know. Honest. I don't know" A good interview with way too much ducking. "I took his job and did a better job than him" = line of the year. And Jesus Christ does Chris Jericho owe his career to Chris Benoit or what?!
Guest RavishingRickRudo Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 And Heyman saying that whether Hart or Austin comes back is up to Vince made me chuckle for a while.
Guest Big McLargeHuge Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Man, us Smarks are never happy. Here we have a main eventer (The Rock) who has NO PROBLEMS putting anyone over, has never been accused of playing politics, can work, and doesn't make the business look like a big joke. But because he's handed the strap after taking time off to make a movie once (I don't count Backlash 2k because he was pretty much a lock for the title at WM and we all know what happened there), he should be booed? Outfuckingrageous. Just...wow. I'd understand if he was taking up most segments in every show, holding the younger talent down, carrying around a title despite not deserving it, and working terrible matches but he isn't. His last title reign was purely a device to put Lesnar over the top. It worked for the most part. Mini-Rant over.
Guest bob_barron Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 That's what I pretty much said Big Mc. And it's true- I never understood Rock hatred
Guest Jobber of the Week Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 Here we have a main eventer (The Rock) who has NO PROBLEMS putting anyone over, has never been accused of playing politics, can work, and doesn't make the business look like a big joke. What? His over-selling is just plain goofy, The People's Elbow is the most business-exposing move next to the Worm, and his verbally undressing the others almost kills their heat (ask any mark what they think of Big Show, and they pull out the dozen Rocky catchphrases like "500lbs of shit in a 400lb bag" and such from their feud in early 2000) so now there's a castrated version of his heel character running around as a face. All the $5,000 shirts and the $10,000 Rolexes have been brushed aside for the latest "Bring It" shirt and a pair of gym pants. Ho hum. Plus, he's a face that's reached a Hogan-level of overexposure. Fuck that. I say, turn him heel when one of these big movies bombs (and I think Helldorado will probably be the one.) Have him bitch out the crowd for not supporting his movie career and use his absences as a sore point ("The Rock busts ass day in and day out, wrestles... *counts fingers* ...God only knows HOW MANY shows a year, and you jackasses won't even pay $2.50 for a matinee ticket to The Rock's movie?!") and bring back the flashy shirts and the Rolexes and the catchphrases, but not the ones that inspire crowd pops (like poontang pie.) Have him verbally undress faces and humiliate them in the ring. The Rock is, like Doink The Clown, a character that loses something in the transition to a face and needs to be a heel to keep the quality.
Guest RavishingRickRudo Posted December 11, 2002 Report Posted December 11, 2002 I am surprised that Landsberg (and Jeff Marek by extention) didn't ask Paul about the Invasion angle.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now