TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) More details on Albert/M. Hardy

Guest CanadianChick

Don't blame HHH for Jeff's problems. Just fire Jeff. Its for his own good.

Guest buffybeast

Dear God, if this report is true, then there are some pretty short sighted and out of touch people working in Stamford. I love Albert and want to see him do well. But taking him from the banals of Velocity and placing him into a program already written for someone else is absurd.

I understand Johnny Ace wanting to push Albert so that he can ultimately be squased by Taker. But doing so at the expense of a wrestler who is very over is stupid. And Vince thought this was a good idea.

Damn shame.

I understand Johnny Ace wanting to push Albert so that he can ultimately be squased by Taker. But doing so at the expense of a wrestler who is very over is stupid.

I think that's the logic of the push. Sacrifice Edge and Rey to get Albert over so he can get squashed by UT is better than having Matt squash them and build him up even more and have it pissed away by having UT squash Matt like a bitch....

Guest Vyce
I think that's the logic of the push. Sacrifice Edge and Rey to get Albert over so he can get squashed by UT is better than having Matt squash them and build him up even more and have it pissed away by having UT squash Matt like a bitch....

But the logic is flawed.

Since:

a) Albert isn't going to get over.

b) Undertaker will likely squash Matt at some point when he returns anyway.

I'm still in the camp that because Albert is a HOSS, i.e. big sack of shit (sorry, Buffybeast), he gets the push. Maybe Ace came up with the idea, but notice that no one had to bend Vince's arm behind his back to get him to agree with it.

While we're on the subject of logic anyway....why should ANY young star be fed to the Undertaker? God knows that HE doesn't need to get over anymore. Christ, it should be the Undertaker who's used to put over young stars. I can't stand Albert, but if you're going to push him, it should be ALBERT who goes over in an Undertaker feud.

Guest Army Eye

They are making all these sacrifices, and making the locker room an even bigger mess, for an Undertaker/Albert feud? Is there anyone in the world besides Vince and Johnny Ace that doesn't know right this minute that an Undertaker/Albert program will be a flop and do zero box office?

I know it's all to appease Taker, as he needs an up-and-comer to squash when he comes back, but damaging other potentially good feuds just to make this happen is mind boggling.

Great point by Edwin. In what has become a rarity for the WWE, they finally had a nice long-term program planned out and they piss it all away at the last minute because Taker needs a feud when he comes back. What in the fuck? It really speaks volumes about why they are where they are.

How about the writers, the McMahons, etc. all get a week off and are forced to watch Raws and Smackdowns from 2000 all week?

Guest creativename
The plans were to also do Show v. Undertaker and Angle v. Edge matches at the Rumble with Lesnar being in the RUmble itself.

The Smackdown writing crew (Heyman, David Lagana and Seth Mates (who has already been removed) decided give Matt Hardy the spot instead and give Benoit a match with Angle at the Rumble.

So they want Lesnar to win at the Rumble?

Bah, this is just more evidence towards face Lesnar vs. heel champion Angle at Mania, which not what they should do at all. Everything should be set for Angle finally getting the big babyface Mania title win, not Lesnar.

Guest TheyCallMeMark

It's all so stupid. You have a decent worker who's been working his ass off to improve, and has worked against YEARS of being a massive face to turn heel and actually gain heat...

Then, to reward his hard work for and loyalty to the company, Vince gives him a feud with the other up-and-coming star Edge, and sets him up for a feud where he can learn alot from Rey Misterio, plus have some damn fine cruiserweight matches.

Great, Vince. I love you.

Vince changes his mind and puts a guy who was never over, never will be over, who has never worked hard, hasn't been improving, who sucks in Matt's place.

Great, Johnny. Die.

Guest thetrendsetter

Well, Eddie Gurrerro Managed to turn his life around when he was fired, and he's in the best shape he's been in years now...

Guest AndrewTS

I haven't heard that the Taker program was ever scheduled for Matt Hardy. It was always intended for Albert, but they gave the Rey injury angle to Albert to kick-start him towards the push there.

Guest Vyce
Great point by Edwin. In what has become a rarity for the WWE, they finally had a nice long-term program planned out and they piss it all away at the last minute because Taker needs a feud when he comes back. What in the fuck? It really speaks volumes about why they are where they are.

Yes, all because "Undertaker needs a feud", which makes it all the more tragic because Taker already HAS a ready-made feud waiting for him.

Big Show "injured" him, requiring him to take the time off, right? There you go. There's your feud.

Matt could feud with Edge & Rey. Angle could win the title and feud with Lesnar. Undertaker could return and feud with Big Show. If you want a slow burn on the Lesnar / Angle feud, have Undertaker get involved with Angle for a month or so (of course, Taker wouldn't go for that as it would require that Angle actually go over him).

My point is, they have a lot of options open BESIDES killing Matt's push in order to feed Albert to Taker. It's just retarded what they've done.

Guest AndrewTS

Likely they won't even mention Big Show injuring Taker.

Although I forgot about the Big Show injuring him part...so shouldn't be so hard. Hell, I haven't even noticed he's gone. And considering the ratings after Taker left SD, it seems no one else did much either.