TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) More details on Albert/M. Hardy

Guest bcu1979

Lots of interesting backstage news in the latest Wrestling Observer.

The WWE is pushing hard one again for Goldberg to come in. They really want him for Mania and there's talk of even agreeing to a one show deal for a Goldberg/Austin match. Goldberg is apparently taking their offer seriously this time.

Justin Credible and Jeff Hardy have been suspended by the WWE for consistently showing up late to work. Jamal has also been taken off house shows for some apparent legal issues.

Meltzer says that Hardy and Jamal are only supposed to be off house shows, but he notes that both of them could have been written off RAW last week as well.

Here's the original plans for the whole Rey Jr. thing according to Meltzer.

Benoit was supposed to injure Mysterio, which would lead to a Benoit/Rey match at Royal Rumble. The plans were to also do Show v. Undertaker and Angle v. Edge matches at the Rumble with Lesnar being in the RUmble itself.

The Smackdown writing crew (Heyman, David Lagana and Seth Mates (who has already been removed) decided give Matt Hardy the spot instead and give Benoit a match with Angle at the Rumble.

That was the plan when they gave Hardy the pin over Rey in the tag match. All the wrestlers were told about the plans for the Matt/Edge (for Armageddon)and then Matt/Rey feuds.

The plan for Albert was to get him involved with the Undertaker when he returned. Johnny Ace pitched the idea to put Albert in Matt's spot the day of the show last week. The argument was that it would put steam on Albert for his Taker program. (Ace now has a lot of heat with Matt Hardy and Michael Hayes.)

Vince agreed and the move pissed off a lot of people because a big uncharismatic guy got the spot over a smaller guy who is getting over.

Matt Hardy was furious when he found out and there was some concern he might walk out of the tapings but Michael Hayes managed to calm him down.

Several wrestlers including Edge spoke up for Matt to Vince. Edge felt it would be a better program for him and Rey to be working with Matt instead of Albert.

Rikishi also spoke up for Matt backstage, believing he had earned the spot for his hard work in getting over as a heel when people wanted to cheer him at first.

Rikishi also has heat with Albert stemming from a house show match they had a few weeks ago where Albert knocked out Rikishi with a stiff kick. Rikishi even got a tv match changed a few weeks back where he was supposed to work with Albert.

The original plan for the 4 way was for Hardy to injure Edge. Benoit would beat Eddie clean and then Eddie would screw Benoit out of the title to set up their Armageddon match. And Albert was supposed to have the match on Velocity that Hardy got.

Torrie Wilson has been taken off house shows to prepare for some big modeling shoot.

There will be inteviews this week to hire new writers.

Guest dreamer420

That sucks that Jeff has gotten suspended but maybe it will be the kick in the ass that he needs to get his career back on track.

Guest the pinjockey

Here is hoping for a full on wrestler mutiny soon.

And getting suspended was the best thing that ever happened to Jeff. He now gets to go home and rest without it being Vince giving him a break when no one else gets them and he also gets to leave before his in ring work turns into a joke with all the marks as it has already done with most smarks.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Thank God Matt calmed down, I don't him to fuck himself over, over this little thing.

If Angle and Benoit are going to have a Rumble match, does this mean Angle will win the title?!?!?!

Guest chirs3

What. The. Fuck.

They go from Benoit vs Rey/Edge, which would have been swell, to Matt Hardy vs Rey/Edge, which would have been swell, to ALBERT vs Rey/Edge, which... sucks...

Sigh...

Guest bcu1979
What. The. Fuck.

They go from Benoit vs Rey/Edge, which would have been swell, to Matt Hardy vs Rey/Edge, which would have been swell, to ALBERT vs Rey/Edge, which... sucks...

Sigh...

All the reports make it sound like there is no plan for Albert/Rey. It sounds more like they are feeding Rey and Edge to Albert to set him up for his big Undertaker feud, which will not doubt light the ratings on fire.

Rey's injury appears to be yet another wasted oppurtunity by the WWE.

Guest Zero_Cool

I'd be pissed too if I was Hardy being passed over in favor of Albert

I mean, you do all that hard work, improve your matches and micwork, and then be passed over because you're not big enough, indirectly becoming held down by UT?

Guest the pinjockey

I must also commend Matt Hardy on having a large set of brass ones. The position he is in I doubt there would be much pleading by Vince to come back if he left so to even consider it takes some cojones.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

God, what a ridiculous turn of events. The writing team actually starts planning things out a month and a half in advance, which is EXACTLY what this fed needs now--long term planning and NOT quick fixes--and then they change their minds on the whole fricking plan on the DAY of the show.

Why are you even hiring bookers and writers if Vince is changing things the day of the show?

And why was this done? To put heat on Albert before the Taker program? Taker's just going to squash him anyway, so I don't understand the point.

Fed just doesn't go all the way with anything anymore. Nothing lasts longer than a month before getting cut off at the knees.

Guest wwF1587

OK did i miss something but WHOS STUPID IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE ALBERT AND UT FACE OFF? This whole situation shows WWE stupidity and Johnny Ace is a frickin moron. I am hoping for a full on strike or something... some kind of revolution from all the talent getting screwed cause of WWE stupidity... I mean come on.. ALBERT?? No offense to the big hairy basturd but...

Guest razazteca

I think this story might have as much credibility as say an Apter story hyping up some talent. Its a big Swerve to get the internet fans into thinking that Albert is a Heel.

Its a Conspiracy I tell you what!

Guest AndrewTS

Finally, Jeff gets suspended. Although I expected it to be for something else.

As for Ace's wonderful idea--whathefuckever...

Guest Ash Ketchum

*reads notes*

Wow, Rikishi sticking up for the right thing. Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all...

Out of the ring, that is.

Guest dreamer420
Matt and Jeff need to find out where they can by a hoss mask and costume, QUICK!

Ha ha, you said hoss, that's so funny.

6 months ago.

Guest DJ Jeff

Yet again, the WWE decides to push the bigger guy (Albert) over the smaller guy (Matt). Well, Vince does like the bigger guys after all. This is so fucked up. I really hope the WWE doesn't think that an Albert vs. Undertaker fued will be great, because it won't.

Guest Raven_Effect01

I can't believe Johnny Ace(a writer who actually knows/knew about wrestling) of all people pitched the Albert idea, ugh. Now who's going to save Smackdown? Sure Heyman provides some of the good wrestling for the Smackdown 6, but there weren't any new combinations of matches we haven't seen before like Benoit vs. Tajiri, or Rey vs. Matt Hardy, which was also a problem with Heyman's booking in ECW along with the fact that the matches between the usual wrestlers never really changed much (Benoit vs. Angle, for example). Smackdown, like Raw, seems to be definitely screwed now unfortunately.

I'm glad Jeff's been suspended too, and I applaud Matt and the others for speaking out against Vince to agree on Ace's(maybe even JR's too) Albert push, because his push sure as hell isn't getting a good rating so far, or crowd interest.

Guest AndrewTS

Shame, because he isn't even that small. If we're going by WWE figures, he's the same height as Austin and Angle, which isn't short by many standards unless you're in basketball.

Guest the pinjockey

I am not going to pile on Ace yet unless the Albert/UT feud was his idea (Most likely that is Vince's idea). I will give Ace credit for having the foresight to actually have Albert do something to make him viable for the already determined UT feud. But to offer the program set up for the best up and coming heel they have is ridiculous. Would it have been that hard for him to just throw Rikishi around for a month or so?

Guest dreamer420

How do you know that Ace wrote the Albert angle? It was probably Heyman but I never see him getting blamed for any of the WWE's problems.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Let me get this strait...

We can now add the following to the reasons the Albert push sucks:

1. The people that have to work with him wanted Matt instead.

2. Despite people in the back beleiving that MAtt earned it, Vince pushed the bigger guy...wihch does wonders for morale.

3. He's sloppy and almost knocked out Rikishi to the point where he won't even work with him.

Did I miss any?

Guest FeArHaVoC

Johnny Ace is a dickhead. (If this is true)

That's the problem once again. I said this in another thread and got my head chewed off for it, but here it goes. It's Vince's Fault for hiring these cocksuckers who were running WcW when Wcw was going out of business. Not saying everyone, but guys from the Writers, the Agents, the bookers, the Politicans and even the Production guys are killing WWE. It's not all their fault, but their sure a part of it.

And why is everyone so happy for Jeff? When has being Suspended or getting fired ever helped anyone? These drug taking idiots only go home and do even more since their not on the road. The rare few guys who did get better usually had to hit rock bottom first.

Fire the idiot before he hurts himself, or even worst, someone else. Let him go tour the indies with Candido and Tammy.

Guest Brian

Ace is good. He's a great agent at laying out in-ring work. His choice of workers may not be that great, but he does a good job working wiht the wrestling side of things like laying outfinishes, structuring matches and plaaning out spots.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
It's Vince's Fault for hiring these cocksuckers who were running WcW when Wcw was going out of business. Not saying everyone, but guys from the Writers, the Agents, the bookers, the Politicans and even the Production guys are killing WWE.

OK, which WCW writers, bookers, and production guys did Vince hire? Agents would be Arn, Finlay, and Ace, and this story concerning Ace is the 1st bad one I've heard about him. The only "politician" would be Nash , and he's been injured.

It's ridiculous to blame WCW or the guys running WCW for the ills of today's WWE.

Guest AndrewTS
Let me get this strait...

We can now add the following to the reasons the Albert push sucks:

1.  The people that have to work with him wanted Matt instead.

2.  Despite people in the back beleiving that MAtt earned it, Vince pushed the bigger guy...wihch does wonders for morale.

3.  He's sloppy and almost knocked out Rikishi to the point where he won't even work with him.

Did I miss any?

Just the underlying conclusion I've come to.

Hard work doesn't pay off in pushes. You can get yourself over but it doesn't matter because at any time you could be getting a big break but someone who is a lousy worker, even if he isn't in the best of condition, can be given the push instead because he's tall and a--the 4-letter word that begins with an h.

Sending the message that if you're little, hard work is futile and you can be demoted to Velocity for the sake of a big man push. If you're big, you needn't work hard or do anything, and you still be be granted a push.

Guest Showstoppa Icon
Justin Credible has been suspended by the WWE for consistently showing up late to work.

Yea, serves him right. And after all WWEs done for him. i mean really, what incentive does he have to show up to shows other than keeping a paycheck.

Although i find it funny that hes still in WWE and wonder if its residual Kliq effect

Guest bob_barron
How do you know that Ace wrote the Albert angle? It was probably Heyman but I never see him getting blamed for any of the WWE's problems.

Johnny Ace pitched the idea to put Albert in Matt's spot the day of the show last week.

What. The. Fuck.

Sigh...

Don't you just LOVE the WWF way of seeing things?

It matters not that a wrestler is ove with the fans AND with the other wrestlers in the locker room, all that matters is if you're a HOSS. Never mind that you have no charisma, workrate, or that you knock a guy stupid. If you're a HOSS, you're in like Flynt.

Guest BillyTheStud

So after months of showing up late, Jeff is finally off TV after getting two Pedigrees? What a HHHuge coincidence.