TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingkamala

(in William Shatner voice)Too....many.....newbies

Guest cobainwasmurdered
EIW wouldn't last a second any place where he isn't in control. Because his temper tantrums and painfully unfunny humor wouldn't be accepted by the masses. Sadly enough, I think that guy is the biggest problem with the place. And yes, Blake is a total tool and I do not apologize for the slandering of his punk ass.

I don't know about The Blake part but the rest is dead on.

Guest SP-1

I think the problem lies in a couple of areas, Banky.

We've had so many trolls just since I've been posting regularly, that the regulars are weary of anything that looks like some kind of trollish behavior, something I'm majorly guilty of myself. While I originally didn't care one way or the other, and in fact have found a few troll runs quite funny, ultimately it rattles the board and sets people off. It's pointless drama that doesn't need to be here. Logical, heated discussion is fine, but pointless arguing is just stupid. I think most everyone feels the same way by now, thus the near paranoia over trolls.

Perhaps there is some sense of uniformity amongst the Smark community. But perhaps that uniformity lends to people being hard pressed to take someone seriously at times, and that leads to the perception that they're just being a smartass and a troll. Perhaps it's unwarranted, and perhaps a little of it comes from the fact that some people seem to word things sarcastically, including you. I don't think you're a troll now, but the first time I came across you, I thought you were definitely a troll. It's your way of putting things. People are used to it now, and that's all cool. But as another screen name, especially one sporting nWo colors, it comes off as a little trollish.

I guess in the end, I think that the fault is spread across several levels. I don't mind taking a little bit of it, I gave that SN a few jabs myself because I percieved it as a troll.

Also: mentioning that you were a troll previously didn't help the case. Were I a mod and saw that, considering how others were taking you, I'd have perhaps banned the SN, too.

Presentation and perception. Both come out to strange and often unfair conclusions.

Guest Angle-plex

I could say that nWo of Wrestling was banned because he contributed nothing to the boards, but I've been banned from numerous places for things like this, and that's what they've said about me.

As far as I can tell, although I don't think nWo of Wrestling was a great poster, he didn't do anything outside the rules of the No Holds Barred folder, so he shouldn't of been banned. However, I may not know all the facts, so you guys can argue about this yourselves.

Guest DrTom

Making posts specifically to get a desired response as part of some "experiment" is trolling, IMO. Considering the pervasiveness of trolls like "TestKick," "HossSauce," and others claiming to shout the virtues of the disliked from the rooftops, any SN lauding the NWO is going to be subject to immediate scrutiny. Deserved or not, that's what's going to happen, simply because of the history of this board, and this folder in particular. We're all tired of the trolls who come around to tell us Bradshaw is the greatest thing since indoor plumbing every chance they get.

Consider your experiment a success if you want to, Banky. But the martyr complex is still unbecoming of you.

Guest evenflowDDT
I'm still interested in Axl Holmes, because I never frequented WDI.

Evenflow, first click here to see who Banky was spoofing with the Axl Holmes gimmick.

Then click here for the actual spoof.

Thanks for the background info BRUJ0. I actually thought Axl Holmes was pretty funny myself, but I go for that kind of stuff. The original guy... his longer posts I just couldn't penetrate. Seriously. It did seem a bit haughty (please tell me I used that word right, I've forgotten all my SAT words since... the SAT ;)) of him in the first place to think random online people care that much about his life to read about all the trivial aspects of it everyday. Although I guess since he's in a band that automatically makes it more interesting. ROCK STARZ = RATINGS~!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom and update my LiveJournal.

Guest Banky
Making posts specifically to get a desired response as part of some "experiment" is trolling, IMO. Considering the pervasiveness of trolls like "TestKick," "HossSauce," and others claiming to shout the virtues of the disliked from the rooftops, any SN lauding the NWO is going to be subject to immediate scrutiny. Deserved or not, that's what's going to happen, simply because of the history of this board, and this folder in particular. We're all tired of the trolls who come around to tell us Bradshaw is the greatest thing since indoor plumbing every chance they get.

Consider your experiment a success if you want to, Banky. But the martyr complex is still unbecoming of you.

My name was the experiment, the content of my posts weren't. I like the nWo, I thought it was great. There hasn't been any grounds for dismissal.

I'll leave it at this. And Tom, I wasn't trying to be a martyr, I was sincerely thanking the guys in this folder for the good time as I don't have AIM and don't socialize with anyone away from this board. I don't consider myself hard done by as I am still here, I just wanted to see why my handle was banned.

And with that, NWOOW is DEAD.