TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

D'Lo Getting TV Time

I'm bored as hell, sooooooooo, I figured I'd post a topic that has been sorta-kinda on my mind.

Why does everyone care if D'Lo gets TV time? I read columns and usually see comments like "well, at least it gets D'Lo on TV" or something close to it. I started watching WWF/E last December, but I have rented a ton of old PPVs, and I own "Summerslam '98".

D'Lo is quite boring to me, both in the ring and out. Plus, he looks really out of shape in comparison to *coughhottiescough* like Stevie and X-Pac. The only time D'Lo was ever partially entertaining was when he was a commentator with Coach on Heat. Road Dogg's parody of D'Lo showed character that D'Lo only WISHED he had.

Guest Mad Dog

Around the summer of 99 was D'Lo's peak with the WWF. When he was feuding with Jeff Jarrett over the Euro/I.C. belts he was very good.

Guest Mad Dog

Well D'Lo really hasn't been seen since about June of 2000.

After serving in a tag team with Godfather and then turning heel only to get buried right after that.

Also you have to look at his opponents. I mean your better off wrestling a broomstick than Jeff Hardy or Test these days. Hardy's the only wrestler I've seen aside from maybe Eric Watts that can blow the most basic of spots.

Guest razazteca

Raw needs some new flavor, as watching Kane vs Island boys is just boring as hell as the opening match. D-Lo as Angry Black Man is not helping much at this very moment, but D-Lo has potential as a heel, if the WWE decides to give him direction other than Ron Killings V2.

His opponents don't factor into this at all. Kurt Angle was able to make a newbie like John Cena look good.

Still, I have to have my question aswered as to why everyone cares about this sucky wrestler.

Guest Mad Dog

John Cena isn't Jeff Hardy or Test.

Cena has a good array of moves where Hardy knows 4 and blows every single spot.

Cena is also motivated where Hardy isn't.

And you seem to already have your mind set that he sucks so what's the point of even discussing it. You would've had to have been watching a good deal at his peak with a better quality of opponents to fully understand him. For God's sake he got a watchable match out of Mark Henry!!!!!

Guest razazteca

D-Lo was good back in 98 check out the D-Lo vs X-Pac series and the chest protector days.

D-Lo was a great European Champion

And you seem to already have your mind set that he sucks so what's the point of even discussing it.

1. I'm bored as hell.

2. My mind isn't set that he sucks. Although perhaps I'm more of an entertainment type of person.....

Guest Mad Dog

Most of his matches from late 98 to 99 are fairly decent.

Anything before Summerslam 98 and he'll suck.

Guest Mole
His opponents don't factor into this at all. Kurt Angle was able to make a newbie like John Cena look good.

Still, I have to have my question aswered as to why everyone cares about this sucky wrestler.

Well, I love D'Lo. Ever since his days of NOD, when he was just a lacky. I loved it when Ron was like "Everyone is fired from NOD, except for you D'Lo." And D'Lo had this look on his face like, Ahh, me?

Anyway, I don't think D'Lo is a shitty wrestler. He was the greatest European Champion ever, and still has great potential today. I love his style, and his head bobbin. I am not a big fan of the gimmick he has now, but a push, is a push. I mean, beggers can't be choosers.

Guest DerangedHermit

And wouldn't you rather see D-Lo instead of the hosses? You know Bradshaw would be "down with the brown" in another way if he wasn't injured...

Plus, I mark for the Sky High and the head bob.

And wouldn't you rather see D-Lo instead of the hosses?

I'd rather see Stevie and Victoria in a backstage segment in stead of Stacy/D'Lo. Or how about Stevie vs anyone? (I'll get that on this week's Heat though....And more PSYCHO HOTNESS~!) Or Raven getting more air time (why do I like the psychos? LOL) Any one of those three would be BETTER than anything D'Lo can do.... although, that can be attributed ot the fact that Raven and Stevie are HOT~! and D'Lo is so totally NOT!

Guest caboose

D-Lo was at one point the most entertaining man of the WWF outside of The Rock (Summer 1999).

Big things I'm sure were in the works for D-Lo, but of course the injury to Droz was a punishable offence. But the WWF took it too far. I mean not Jannetty got buried this much and he cost the WWF big money when he injured Charles Austin.

For whatever reason the WWF saw fit to bury D-Lo more so than anyone in recent memory. Especially so when he could have been a good Upper Midcard draw. He is charismatic, he is talented. Give him a decent shot, and he won't disappoint.

This was the ORIGINAL 100% D-Lo Mark.

Guest Eagan469

I was at Fully Loaded 99 here in Buffalo when he beat Mideon for the European Title. He fucking WON OVER the crowd just by being D'Lo.

RAW came back in November of that year, and he worked the first Shotgun match, and the crowd freaking EXPLODED when his music hit. It was nuts.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again - he needs the chest protector.

If a chest protector is what got him over, then.... well, 'nuff said. Of course the same could be said for Al Snow's "Head" and to a SMALL extent, Mick's (need I say the last name) Mr. Socko.

Guest TheGame2705

Well if your sig could have made this page any longer. It's almost as annoying and big as Chris Waters' was before. Please cut it down. D'Lo sucks now. He nearly killed Droz and that's been the end of him. He was very horrible on RAW and his thug gimmick pissed me off greatly. He can't pull of the race angle as good as they could with Killings and he can't be gangsta because that's just not him.

Guest Ace309
He nearly killed Droz and that's been the end of him.

Um, haven't I heard repeatedly that this wasn't D'Lo's fault?

Guest deadbeater

D'Lo chasing Stacy was borderline tasteless, a little too "Birth of a Nation"-like if you ask me.

Guest crandamaniac

As a fan of D'Lo, I feel that he has some potential, not as much as he had in the past mind you, but he could still be over with the fans. He can talk, has charisma, and can wrestle pretty go...umm..let's just say he can wrestle.

With this whole "race card" gimmick tho, I feel that if done right, it can be good. But then again, this is the WWE, and there's not much they seem to do right in the first place.

They could have easily made D'Lo's character kind of a combination of many of today's athletes, flashy, brash, kind of an Allen Iverson/Terrell Owens mixed. I feel he would have gotten over more that way, since he already has that little head bobble thing.

Guest Mole
D'Lo getting more tv time, eh? Just seems like WWE's attempt at ripping off Ron Killings, call me crazy.

Or it could be just WWE coping themselves with the Nation gimmick, just in a different way.

This gimmick won't last long. It won't get over, and D'Lo will be sent back to Heat. Which really pisses me off, because I love D'Lo.

What they should do is have D'Lo be a plain ol' heel. D'Lo is best at being a heel.

Guest notJames

The Droz incident may not have been his fault, but D'Lo's time away from TV has definitely hurt his image and his star power. Not to mention he looks a bit hesitant whenever he wrestles, which doesn't help matters.

Sure he was great three years ago, but that was THREE YEARS AGO! He is not the same man, the wrestling landscape isn't the same, and the fanbase has certainly changed to the point that this Angry Black Man shtick may cause more harm than good. Unless D'Lo can portray a truly irate character instead of the bobble-headed goof that has been his trademark, I don't see this push amounting to much.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

D'lo has been my favorite wrestler since the retirement of Mick Foley. He was my second favorite back then. I don't by any means think he's the BEST wrestler around, but I think he's pretty damn good and, I dunno, I've always just liked him. I like the personality that he shows through every lame gimmick that they throw him in, and I love the leg lariat, sky high, and Lo-Down especially. Then again, I probably don't have much in common with someone who declares oneself "Kliq Property 4 Life" and judges performers based on their "hotness."

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
D'Lo chasing Stacy was borderline tasteless, a little too "Birth of a Nation"-like if you ask me.

Yes he was chasing her because he was black right?

Lets' face it ALL MALES, regardless of race, want to sleep with Stacy Keibler.

Yes, because heaven forbid Stacy doesn't turn around and blast him with her SPECIAL SLAP. That would win one for feminists everywhere. then she could do a wiggle dance.

Stacy should stick to doing what she does best, and that's being a valet. She's nothing more than a cheap T & A gal, and thus, she shouldn't be booked in matches at ALL, save for the meaningless T & A matches.

Guest notJames
...Lets' face it ALL MALES, regardless of race, want to sleep with Stacy Keibler.

I know you used that bit of hyperbole for effect, but please don't lump me in with the unwashed masses who want to diddle Test's sloppy seconds.

Guest Goodear

I never really thought of D'Lo as being 'special', just good in the vein of a Jeff Jarrett or Ken Shamrock. Where they were able to have effective feuds in the midcard and usually did, I would never tune in just to see them and had no interest in their uppercard advancement. And now that they're all in reduced roles or on TNA, I don't really miss them anyway.