TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Austin Powers in Goldmember

Guest Renegade

Very poor compared to 1&2, the same jokes played over again, and when they did have an original joke in the film they stretched them for far too long. If you don't try to compare it to the first two its quite a funny film.

Guest razazteca

IT STINKS

too much Mike Myers and the Goldmember character was not funny at all.

Michael Caine was the only reason to rent or download the movie.

Guest bob_barron

I watched all three in one weekend and in the second one Austin just sucks. I mean they basically put everything into Dr. Evil while the scenes with Austin and Felicity are boring as fuck

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Saw 1 & 3. Didn't see 2.

Was better than I thought it would be (that's not saying much, btw). Some cute moments, but nothing that made me want to laugh out loud. My fav. part was the opening credits...

Guest Mole

Yes, Goldmember was no-where as good as the first two. I thought 2 was better than 3 because 2 focused more on Dr. Evil. I believe Dr. Evil's character is MUCH funnier than Austin.

I heard Mike Myers say that he did Goldmember for all it was worth. He knew it wasn't as good, and only made it to complete the 'trilogy'. One thing about Goldmember was that it never had the laughing your ass off moments. I chuckled a lot, but never did I 'fall on the floor' laughing.

If a person had never seen ANY of the Austin Powers, you could show them any of the three, and they would think they are funny as fuck.

Alright...maybe its just me but I found the last one to be the best of them all. After watching 2 again, I realized just how much I never liked the Austin Powers character, but the rest of the "Evil" cast. I liked the original, but found it to be too bland at certain points.

Oh well, to each his own.

Yes, I hated Beyonce Knowles, k?

Dames

Guest El Satanico

It was alright, but nothing great.

However I hope it's the last one in the series. I don't think they can pull another decent movie out of the series. Well ok I know that they will make at least one more, but i think it'll be the death of the series as far as comedic value.

Guest Will Scarlet

I thought it was decent. It had some funny parts, but a lot of the stuff I had seen a billion times in the commercials, making it not as funny when I saw it in theatres. Better than average, but not as good as the previous two were, IMO. And I liked the Japanese twins, even though I could not place which country their names were from, which bothered me throughout the movie.

Guest HartFan86

I liked it at times, but it wasn't as good as the 2nd one. I love that one the most. The 1st one, as someone mentioned, is too bland.

Guest bob_barron

The first one is classic- They balanced out Dr. Evil/Austin and Elisabeth Hurley was the best Austin girl of the series.

AP2 was basically scene with Austin-zzzzz scene with Evil- lol

Coming off the first one, they knew Dr. Evil was the most loved character, so they focused on that. Same goes for the third one. Personally, I think Dr. Evil and Goldmember could do a spin-off....their comedic value is WAY better than Austin's or Fat bastard's. (yes, I know it's all the same guy under that makeup)

Speaking of FB, I hope to gawd that we don't see him in the 4th one, if they go to another movie. If you've watched the DVD you know there was Goldmember's two "Fahzia" scenes cut.... they were funny as hell....and got cut. But yet, we had to endure Fat Bastard smelling his own fart for 2 minutes. Just like WWE, all the good stuff is cut, and the shit stays in. In fact, I don't even think Goldmember needed Fat Bastard....

Guest Insanityman

I am a huge Mike Myers mark, so I loved the third movie. First, third, second for me. Not to mention that the cut off Fuhza scenes were really funny yet some of the bullshit scenes remained.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Terrible abortion of a "film" that made me laugh exactly 1 time...

"There are only 2 things I can't stand, people who are intolerant of other cultures...and also the Dutch."

No one else in the theater laughed...as it wasn't low brow enough I suppose.

Guest C.H.U.D.

I thought it was okay. I liked it more than part 2, which I hated, but not as much as the original.

I don't get all of the Goldmember character hate....I found him to be damn hilarious.

Damned hilarious......and kinda sexy. But, that's just my weirdness speaking. Hell, I still think Beni from The Mummy (first one) was the sexiest guy there....second would be Ardeth (I once had an idea to slash those two....) third is Jonathan. Rick O'Connel......eh, boring in looks, great in comedy.

Guest Mole
I am a huge Mike Myers mark, so I loved the third movie. First, third, second for me. Not to mention that the cut off Fuhza scenes were really funny yet some of the bullshit scenes remained.

Mike isn't going to make a fourth one.

Terrible abortion of a "film" that made me laugh exactly 1 time...

"There are only 2 things I can't stand, people who are intolerant of other cultures...and also the Dutch."

No one else in the theater laughed...as it wasn't low brow enough I suppose.

When I saw this movie for the second time, I saw it with my best friends, and she happens to be 100% Dutch. I laughed ten times harder during those parts because they were bascially making fun of her.

Ooooooookay, then........

Still, Goldmember had a sexy accent, especially his odd lil giggle. Him and Dr. Evil should have had more scenes....instead they gave a fat bastard air time.

Hmmmmmmm........that sounds so familiar, although I can't figure out where from.. *coughwwecough*

Guest Paranoid

I just watched it for the first time on DVD. The first time I saw it I got it from KazAa. But I noticed out that Susanna Hoffs, the lead singer of the Bangles, was in the movie. To put it simply, she is my Kylie to Kotz. Her husband has also produced all three of the movies. But it's still funny as hell, and I love GM. They didn't take his angle far enough IMO.

Guest EQ

I'm not really a fan of Goldmember. Don't know why... just not really funny. The thing he does with his legs, I don't find that humorous at all.

They did just throw Fat Bastard in, just to have him there, but I still liked it. I just like the character.

In the theatres, I laughed my balls off at the Osbournes cameo, but when I just watched it on DVD, it didn't have the same effect.

Opening sequence of the movie was sweet, and the Dr. Evil rap video is classic.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks WWE stole two angles from this movie? First, you had "MiniDust" (Too funny....that's classic!) then you had Ass Cream......... oddness, I tell ya.

"Yes Preperation H does feel good.....on the hole" - Scott

"Fook YU!" It was always funny the way she said that...