TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

"Positively Page" by DDP

Since I'll be getting the book, I was wondering what everyone thinks of it. I've heard mostly good reviews, some bad reviews.... Confusing, but I like to read reviews and stuff. Yup, I have no life :lol:

Guest Mole

I thought it was terrible. The way they wrote it was soo cheesy. I mean, there are three different fonts, for when DDP is writing, the real writer is writing, and when they quote people.

I just got lost half of the time, and I thought DDP talking about his bartending days was really boring. I got it to read about wrestling, not his bartending years. I didn't even finish it, I just stopped reading it. Plus, I got a better book, Sex Lies and Headlocks.

Guest Youth N Asia

Boring book...spends way too long telling about running night clubs before he got into wrestling.

Also didn't like reading "sh*t" and "f*ck"...from a guy who said fuck on a live ppv you'd think he could swear.

I wouldn't reccomend it :)

Guest the 1inch punch

I thought it was alright, except for the fact that EVERYONE lines up to kiss his ass

Guest Slapnuts00

I liked the book, a good story and it's fun to hear other people's thoughts on DDP...

Guest RedJed

It was hard to sit and read it, since it was alot of filler BS from Page and friends. Not that I don't think he deserves credit for some of the charity work he did, etc, but he goes ON AND ON about it at times. Lots of ass kissing for sure too, like someone already said.

Seemed more like a motivational speaking book than an autobiography. Still though, it's not as bad as Hogans. I've been reading it on and off for a fucking month and I STILL am not finished! I read maybe 5 pages max each session because it's the biggest bunch of nonsense I think I've ever read in my life.

Guest Coffey
I thought it was terrible. The way they wrote it was soo cheesy. I mean, there are three different fonts, for when DDP is writing, the real writer is writing, and when they quote people.

I just got lost half of the time, and I thought DDP talking about his bartending days was really boring. I got it to read about wrestling, not his bartending years. I didn't even finish it, I just stopped reading it. Plus, I got a better book, Sex Lies and Headlocks.

So, you didn't like it because you got a DDP book and expecting to be not be about DDP's life, or because your reading comprehention is low and you "got lost.?"

Just curious. I thought it was the third best novel next to Foley's. I've yet to read Angle's or Hogan's though. I thought Goldbergs was the worst.

I read maybe 5 pages max each session because it's the biggest bunch of nonsense I think I've ever read in my life.

Care to elaborate? I finished reading his book about a week ago, and I wouldn't mind hearing what was "nonsense" and what wasn't.

I've yet to read Angle's or Hogan's though. I thought Goldbergs was the worst.

Angle's is a great read, imo. Especially when he talks about his training for the Olympics. I'm like DAYUM! when I read how much he trained. Plus, it was funny that WWF offered him a job, but he pretty much turned them down. Three years later he called them back and was hoping the job was still open.

Guest Steviekick

The content of the book was pretty good. the problems was because of the multiple type faces and bad proofreading/editing/wording at times. It was a good, but difficult read because of that.

Guest ConchairtoHead

I thought it was excellent.

it was written like those biographies on TV are, and like the WWE Biography videos.