TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

A few quick ???

Guest tank_abbott

Okay, I haven't been following NWA TNA at all but I have 2 quick questions:

What prompted the complete "restart" around mid september, that kicked off a new direction for the company?

Part 2: How long did Rod and Richard Johnson last as a tag team?

Thanxz

What prompted the complete "restart" around mid september, that kicked off a new direction for the company?

September 11th fell on a Wednesday, so they took the week off.

Dames

Guest RedJed

September 11th fell on a Wednesday, so they took the week off.

Dames

Well plus they figured a new direction was needed upon the return since they legitimately were going to go under and weren't planning on returning until the new deal was made and they were able to.

Guest dreamer420

I'm glad they did as they went from being the WWA to being the best wrestling company in the world.

Guest RedJed
I'm glad they did as they went from being the WWA to being the best wrestling company in the world.

Me too, the first few months seemed almost exactly like the WWA with the X division added to the mix. I just watched some of the firt few months from my tape collection (making a trade for someone) and it amazed me how far they've come since just 6 months ago. They've definately made mistakes, but they have LEARNED from them.

Guest Ram

How is the SEX/Old school stuff doing anyway (overall)?

I haven't had the chance to catch up.

Guest Slapnuts00

Its ok, but it feels too much like the WCW New Blood thing where the rosters are completely polarized. Plus Russo and The Harrises have way too much TV time

Well, it's not like that many people saw the New Blood stuff...so maybe they're thinking that THIS time it'll work.

Harrises need to get out...there's too many people to keep track of. At least they have the X-trio to keep me interested in them.

Guest dreamer420

Me too, the first few months seemed almost exactly like the WWA with the X division added to the mix. I just watched some of the firt few months from my tape collection (making a trade for someone) and it amazed me how far they've come since just 6 months ago. They've definately made mistakes, but they have LEARNED from them.

They have really improved a lot IMO and I loved when they switched direction with the company and pushing the X division into the main events every week. With the world title on Jarrett, and the tag titles on a pretty decent team the company is only going to keep getting stronger I hope.