TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

The One and Only Raw Thread for 1/6/03

Guest RedJed

Yeah theres nothing much else to say other than it sucked a fat one.

Well maybe I can elaborate some more......

That opening segment was soooo bad! Where do I even start?

Only redeeming value of the show was Randy Orton showing up and doing a hell of a job in his role, also the Jericho-HBK interaction was once again this week not too bad. But the rest of the show, yikes. Made sense that Storm and Regal got the belts but that could have been avoided being done so suddenly if it wasn't for the mess from OKC. Booker and Goldust as champs was something refreshing, and its done just about as soon as it happened. This feud might be ok though, we'll see. Having them win the titles back in a blowoff in a few months might work.

Everything else on the show was just there or didn't add anything to the storylines or just plain blew. I'm not gonna even go to far into the posedown, lets just say I've lost any small interest I had in that match after witnessing that shit. I hope they stink up the joint and HHH finally gets some heat on him from the boys and more importantly, from Vince himself.

Speaking of Vince, figured this would happen with him coming next week. Wow, notice his name got ZERO pop? Good. Anyway, if it leads to Bischoff v. Vince, or even better, a defiant Bischoff trying to turn Raw into WCW, its cool. But I'm sure no matter what it will somehow not even turn out interesting to watch since this is Raw we're talking about here.

Oh yeah.......what about Raven, dammit?!!

Guest AndrewTS
Anyway, if it leads to Bischoff v. Vince, or even better, a defiant Bischoff trying to turn Raw into WCW, its cool.

Raw practically is WCW right now, so whatever. I don't think it will help to just do that.

I can safely say that was the Worst RAW this year!

So, you're psychic, and can tell that the first RAW of 2003 is the worst?

Overall, I thought it was an okay show. Why is almost everyone "smarking out" for Orton? He doesn't even deserve to be in the same lockerroom as HBK and Y2J, let alone the same ring. YJ2 and HBK's mic work had completely drawn me in to their feud. Then...RNN....which is completely annoying. Not annoying as heel-heat, just annoying in a "get off my TV"/HHH heat.

The women's match sucked, BUT, we got to see......... King STEVIE~! and Queen VICTORIA~!. That should be a banner... "I mark for the psychos". ^_^

I may be the only chick who thinks this...but both HHH and Steiner are, in my mom's words, "fucking nasty". She said this during the close up of Steiner's arm and I must agree with her. Maybe I don't share the common muscle fetish that most gals have, but I stick by my opinion.

Jericho and Christian exchanging childish insults.....most of the show could suck, but Jeri-Christian is always quality tv. I'm sure there's an argument somewhere about Jeri-Christian's insults vs Angle-Ben's.

Hurricane, Raven, Stevie.... all down to Heat. Well, that really sucks. Considering whose on it, Heat will probably be better than Raw, no doubt about it. I know it's better than Velocity....at leat Heat doesn't have some unknown jobbers.

Guest Will Scarlet

This Raw sounded pretty bad. It makes me thankful I fell asleep and slept through it. Thanks WWE, I am glad I did not miss anything.

Guest FeArHaVoC

Ending the Brand Extention is the only thing that is going to save Raw at this point. There isn't enough Interesting or 'top notch' Workers on Raw. I know killing it will have it's problems, lack of pushes, TV time, cluster fucks, Benoit, Eddie, Angle being around Triple H etc, but something needs to be done and fast.

Guest Mulatto Heat
I know killing it will have it's problems, lack of pushes, TV time, cluster fucks, Benoit, Eddie, Angle being around Triple H etc

More than enough for me to support the split.

YAY SPLIT~!

Guest nikowwf

Raw was just SO boring...which would be fine if it was balanced by some great suprise or moment...but it wasn't.

Opening segment with Dudleys was SO long and SO bad and they never got revenge.

Regal, who makes me sleep just at the sound of his name wins the tag title. I used to love Regal, but he's just so dull now.

Randy Orton was entertaining. Also, he didn't speak for 10 minutes. PERHAPS THOSE TWO THINGS ARE RELATED???

HHH / Steiner segment was fine except HHH talked for about 10 minutes before..zzzzz.zzzz..

Womans tag match was...womans tag match.

Main event was decent, but everyone is running in place.

If RVD was all over the show, getting a push toward the rumble, and it was this same show - it would have seemed more fun.

As it was, it was a HORRIBLE way to start off a new year of raw. Bleh...

niko

By the way...one thing that I did like about the HHH/Steiner segment...when HHH took off the World Title, he taunted Steiner with it as he handed it to Flair.

That just gave HHH a cocky edge that I thought worked. That's the ONLY good thing that I'll say about HHH right now.