TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dopey

Is God fair?

Guest Dopey

***Dr. Tom this thread may upset you, please do not read this thread.***

IS GOD FAIR?

This question has come up on this board and a lot of other places lately. I hear everyone asking the question, 'God said what? I don't think that's fair, is it?"

"Why are you Christians not 'tolerant' of this, or that?"

IS GOD FAIR?

DOES HE HAVE TO BE?

I shall now answer all your questions with a single question...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?!

But, then again, I don't have a religion, so my opinin probably won't count for much.

Guest gthureson

Just a quick question Dopey.

This is a wrestling message board. Wouldn't, I dunno, a religion or philosophy board be far more appropriate for discussions of religion?

I mean, you might get response from people who care rather than people who rather respond with, "You're ghey." or "You eat poop."

Guest LooseCannon

That's an interesting point. It reminds me of how odd it is that I enjoy discussing music with wrestling fans, but that I don't particularly enjoy discussing music on music boards.

Guest Samurai_Goat

Until I see actual evidence that God is doing anything at this point in time to affect anything, I'm going to assume that any unfairness is either genetic or caused by humans. As far as I can tell, if there is a God, right now he's watching the game.

Guest EL BRUJ0

Ghey poop-eatin' God?

"Your ideas intrigue me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter."

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

God is not fair, because I can't tuck my cock into my sock (while it's on my foot). That's why God isn't fair.

Guest EL BRUJ0

While blame can be placed on God why humans don't have an equine penis, you could remedy the situation yourself.

I suggest pumps and weights would be a good route to achieve your desire for cock in sock tuckage.

Guest The Hamburglar
While blame can be placed on God why humans don't have an equine penis, you could remedy the situation yourself.

I suggest pumps and weights would be a good route to achieve your desire for cock in sock tuckage.

Pish-posh to such old-fangled techniques. No, the new way is to stuff large balloons of ever increasing size down the urethra over a course of months. Simply blow a balloon up your beast each day and watch as over time it grows to blue whale proportions.

Guest Dopey
Just a quick question Dopey.

This is a wrestling message board. Wouldn't, I dunno, a religion or philosophy board be far more appropriate for discussions of religion?

I mean, you might get response from people who care rather than people who rather respond with, "You're ghey." or "You eat poop."

Gthureson, thanks for the concern. But to answer your question, I feel this is a very good place for this topic. Seeing that it is a NHB area, and that you have threads like, 'Take the Boob Test', 'The gheyest thread of all time', and 'El Satanico' already here; no I don't feel this is inappropriate at all.

As a matter of fact, maybe, just maybe, someone might learn something.

:)

Guest Dopey
You were banned once before for stuff like this Sola.

Actually Mr.Rant no I was not banned for posts' like this. What happened was I tried to change my name, and Flyboy wipped out Sola Gratia. Then when I tried to get back on the board it didn't let me in with the same password. So I made a new name and all, but it was only a temp one. So when I got the other password to work I made a new name on that one. So I had two accounts going at the same time, and Flyboy thought I was trying to play around and be two people at once, so he banned me.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

is god fair?

christian says yes

others say no

I'll get a beer and pass up this debate

Guest EL BRUJ0
You were banned once before for stuff like this Sola.

Do you have any info or threads that you can point out on this Sola, Mr. Rant?

Guest The Old Me
God IS fair. People aren't. I'm somewhere in the middle.

agreed. I don't think I'm very fair, but at least I admit it.

Guest Dopey
Until I see actual evidence that God is doing anything at this point in time to affect anything, I'm going to assume that any unfairness is either genetic or caused by humans. As far as I can tell, if there is a God, right now he's watching the game.

Samurai_Goat, I can kind of see where you are coming from. It may be hard sometimes to 'see' God doing anything, however, that doesn't mean that He's not.

Look at the 400 silent years. After God was done speaking to Malachi, there were 400 years that went by where God did not speak at all to man. Then Boom! He sent Gabriel to anounce the birth of Christ.

May I point out that He is, "upholding all things by the word of His power," (Heb. 1:2). A better way of saying that is every sunrise and every sunset, are little reminders of His power. I remember hearing some scientist wondering why things just sometimes don't just unravel, or fizzel into thin air. Once again I point to Hebrews 1:2.

Samurai, how about all the prophecies that God gave us about scattering the children of Israel, and then in the last days bringing them back into their land? 1948 the Star of David began to fly over Jerusalem.

These are just some works of God that I believe one can point to, to 'see' the hand of God at work.

Guest DrTom
***Dr. Tom this thread may upset you, please do not read this thread.***

Why would this thread upset me? I'm an atheist who is unbothered by discussions of faith and religion, so long as those discussions are honest, open-minded, mature, and fair. I don't think you're capable of those types of discussions, so I try to avoid them with you.

While the thread doesn't upset me, your trite patronization is vaguely annoying. In short: bite me, slugger; I'll read what I want.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Dopey, you need to give up. My input in this thread should be very telling to you. The first time we exchanged words, I presented logical arguments and you even complimented me on my ability to quote scripture. And now look what I have been reduced to: penis jokes. You did that to me. You took my willingness and hunger for the word of God, and turned it into penis jokes. I will burn in hell and it's all your fault.

Guest Dopey

FAIR adj. 1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: proper under the rules: 7. without irregularity or uneveness.

By this definition, provided by the 'American College Dictionary', I would say God is fair. Seeing that God is righteous, and holy, and the creator, and the one who made the law; He can be no other.

..."For the LORD is righteous,

He loves righteousness;

His countenance beholds the upright." Psalm 11:7

Guest EricMM

Dopey, you're so useless. Your proof is so fucking vague, like the only point you could possibly make is that the Jews came back to the middle east. Saying that sunsets prove God's existance is useless. Not to mention quoting the bible to prove god exists. Hello, to anyone who doesn't believe in God, the bible is equal to any other book of faith, from Hindu faith to scientology (well maybe not scientology ;) )

Guest Dopey
I will burn in hell and it's all your fault.

No my young friend, Rat's Milk, if you wind up in the Hot-spot, that will be on you and Adam.

Guest Kingpk

"If God is so powerful, can he make a rock so big that even he himself can't lift it?"

10 Brownie points to those who know who said that.

Guest Dopey
Dopey, you're so useless.

Saying that sunsets prove God's existance is useless.

EricMM, first I am not useless. I work for an American company, in which I help them to make profits. Hence, I am not useless.

Second, you are absolutly right!!! I cannot prove the existance of God by a sunset. Nor would I try. I am merely pointing to a direction that leads to God. To believe in God, in the Christian context, "you gotta have faith, a faith, a faith, oh you gotta have faith, a faith, a faith--baby!!!" <---sorry I just couldn't resist!!! :lol:

Guest EricMM

You're just making a crap load of noise that no one wants to hear. The only reason that your posts get any replies at all is that so many people on this board like to make fun of other people (guilty)

You're not teaching us, you're not saving souls. In my so humble opinion your faith is incorrect. God is far more intelligent than you give him credit for, and he'd be far more willing to let a good hindu man into heaven than a born again who hasn't had the kind of love to forgive his fellow man in ages. Not that he wouldn't let them both in.

Your prejudiced religion is a mockery of the word of christ. The bible has been warped by biased men for thousands of years. You spout biblical crap and ignore the good parts.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
"If God is so powerful, can he make a rock so big that even he himself can't lift it?"

10 Brownie points to those who know who said that.

Actually that isn't really a paradox.

If God didn't want to be able to lift the boulder then he could create it in such a way that he wouldn't be able to lift it. (Even if he was onipotent, since not being able to lift this boulder takes precedence.)

However, I choose to believe that God isn't physical, he's spiritual, thus he's not messin with rocks anyway.

Guest Dopey

God is Perfect, He would never create something He could not control. That would be a violation of His nature.

Guest Kingpk

Uh, it was a joke from an old Carlin routine. I didn't want it ANSWERED!

Oh, never mind.

Guest Dopey
In my so humble opinion your faith is incorrect. God is far more intelligent than you give him credit for, and he'd be far more willing to let a good hindu man into heaven than a born again who hasn't had the kind of love to forgive his fellow man in ages. Not that he wouldn't let them both in.

If Christianity were 'works' based, yea, you might even see Adolf, Stalin...ect. in heaven too. However, it is not what you do that gets you into heaven.

It's this thing called, Grace.