TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL Wrath Card (1/19/2003)

Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL WRATH (For Sunday, January 19th, 2003)

Venue: The Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan!

Due Date: Sunday the 19th @ 6 PM (if extensions are needed, I'll allow them due to the delay. Don't use them as a crutch, though. It's all up to the markers.

Send Promos/Marked Matches To: realitycheck

Send Booking Requests for the PPV to: TheBostonStrangler

What's that, you say? PPV booking requests? That's right, the long-awaited, much-rumored JL PPV is finally going down. It'll be on Thursday, January 23rd. This is a BIG event guys. We already have a couple matches set up for it, but if people want to request stuff, go ahead. Feel free to cut loose with stips. Time to have some fun. However, if you're booked, and you no-show, you are in DEEP shit. No way around it. And this could be the last JL match for some selected superstars....word should appear on that sooner than later.

Some questions that I will answer before you ask them:

- We will return to the normal schedule from here. Z will be booking the card after the PPV, and the normal booking rotation will go from there.

- If you are bumped, and are lucky enough to have a WF match at Clusterfuck, feel free to write for it....but you BETTER write for this first.

- There are no word limits for this PPV. Go nuts, folks.

- This card will double as the naming thread. Any choices for the name of the PPV and the official PPV song will be accepted. And if Xero reads this, NOT War Pigs.

Any other questions? No? Then on with Wrath!

SINGLES MATCH

Arianwyn Rivenstone vs. Leon Sharpe

Arian hasn't been seen on SJL TV in a while now, but she's returned, and ready to cause more havoc. In her way stands Leon Sharpe, whose promises to cause havoc of his own have fallen short, in the form of no-shows. Leon better start showing, or he might be gone before he ever came back. Will Arian come back with a win? Only one way to find out!

Rules: Standard singles. DQ/countout in effect.

Word Count: 3500

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

SINGLES MATCH

Crow vs. Mike Van Siclen

Crow came up big in the Battle Royale on Metal, outlasting the other three men in the ring and picking up the win. Mike Van Siclen came VERY close to winning that match, however, and he's mighty angry that he didn't end up with the W. In order to get his revenge, he challenged the Aussie newcomer to a match. Can Crow pick up his first singles win, or will Mike's rage translate into a W for the cagey old veteran?

Rules: Straight singles match. DQ/countout in effect.

Word Count: 3500

Send To: AnnieEclectic

MOTOR CITY RUMBLE

Dace Night vs. Insane Luchadore

Dace Night is coming off a huge win over former SJL champion Fugue, while Insane Luchadore fell hard against the up-and-coming rookie Chris Card. Dace and IL have had run-ins in the past, and now they hook up again. However, to freshen things up, the bookers decided to have some fun with this match. How does a Ford manufacturing plant sound for a setting? Sure as hell sounds good to me...

Rules: The match takes place inside a Ford auto plant just outside of Detroit. There are full assembly lines, robots, thousands of human workers, welding torches....well, let's hope those don't come into play. It's during the middle of a shift, so the place is going full blast. Falls count anywhere inside the plant. HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE.

Word Count: 5000

Send To: Drew_K

GAUNTLET MATCH

Hollywood Spike Jenkins vs. Chris Card, Janus, Wildchild, and Johnny Dangerous

Spike Jenkins went off the deep end on Metal, challenging not one, not two, not three, but FOUR men to matches for Wrath. Despite already having matches, Wildchild and Johnny Dangerous insisted on being included in this match, and Card and Janus were just as eager to join in on the fun. Can Spike really back up all the smack he talked, and defeat FOUR men in a row? Will Card or Janus derail him before he gets to the big guns? And what about Johnny's PS2? That's the REAL question here, folks!

Rules: The matches will be one on one. If Spike Jenkins wins, the next man comes out. The order of entrants is: Chris Card, Janus, Wildchild, Johnny Dangerous. If Johnny Dangerous' match takes place, the match will be held under standard ladder match rules, with the PS2 hanging above the ring.[/b]

Word Count: 6500

Send To: realitycheck

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM MATCH

Ejiro Fasaki/Fugue vs. Johnny Dangerous/Wildchild

This match promises to be an incredible match. These four men have been involved in some of the biggest battles in the SJL recently, and now it's all coming to a head. Johnny Dangerous and Fugue have already challenged each other to an Ultimate Fight match, while Wildchild recently won himself a shot at Ejiro Fasaki's SJL World Title. However, those matches won't be happening until the next show, the JL's first PPV of 2003. For now, these four will still get a shot at each other. Will this match foreshadow the upcoming PPV results? The winner promises to have the mental edge going into the biggest JL card in some time. Good luck, and let's get it on!

Rules: Standard DQ/countout. Wrestlers must tag in and out

Word Count:6000

Send To: Tod deKindes

Guest Chuck Woolery

PPV Name: Meltdown (tribute to Fallout, and it's wintry!)

PPV Music: "I'm Coming" by Radiohead? I've got nothing.

Nice card... PPV should be great.

a) How does this Gauntlet match work for those of us in it? Do we all write a match, write one together against Spike, or what? *rather confused*

b) PPV.....PPV.....I got nothing on the name or music. But (Y) (Y) (Y) @ no word limits.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Wait, Do I have to write all of my matches under 6500 words? or is each match 6500?

Guest Insanityman

SJL: Brink of Destruction

"Man in the Box" Alice in Chains.

But (Y)~! for the card and double (Y)! for the PPV!

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Name: "SJL FUNK" - We couldn't get it in the WF... well, let's get it here, then. Back me up on this, guys.

Song:

U-Mass - The Pixies

Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Kill the Sex Player - Boys Against Girls

Thunderstruck - AC-DC

Something Against You - The Pixies

Territorial Pissing - Nirvana

Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine

Here We Go Again - The Hives

Um... that's my playlist, right now... ONE of them has to be fit for a PPV-Song, hehehehe...

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Regarding the Gauntlet Match:

- The first three participants take a total of 6500 words. The ladder match will be given 3000. No one said that gauntlet matches were easy to write.

- Everyone can write their own matches. I expect matches from Janus and Card. WC and Johnny are booked in the ME, which is their first priority.

- Z, if you need help marking it, let me know.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yes, yes, Funk is always a good name for anything.

But you're theme song needs to be more funky if that's the name. Perhaps Get the Funk Out of my Face by the Brothers Johnson or We Want the Funk by Parliament Funkadelic.

Once again, it's "WrestlingDeacon" all one word, no underscore.

Guest Tod deKindes

PPV Song: Renegades Of Funk by RATM?

A few names:

- SJL: The Revolution Will Be Televised

- SJL: New Generation (with 'Push It' by Static-X as theme song)

- SJL: Shock (with the aptly named Fear Factory song as a theme)

- SJL: Parental Advisory (ok, that one's lame)

- SJL: Annie Is Our Queen

- SJL: Cancerous (sponsored by Frost Brand Cigars)

- SJL: Dawn Of A New Era (since a few bumps are coming up)

- SJL: Crash And Burn

-

Guest realitycheck

I have but one suggestion, name-wise:

SJL Malice in Wonderland.

Do what you wish for a theme song.

-Z

Guest Crowe

SJL: A Violent Reaction

Music - A Violent Reaction by American Head Charge

Though, Malice in Wonderland is pure gold.

Crowe

Guest Dace59

Name: SJL - Birth of The Beast

Music: Vader - Creatures of Light and Darkness

or Death - Killing Spree.

Sweet Jesus! 2 Matches!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well, I'll be PMing you soon WC. Lets try this tag match deal one more time. :)

PPV Names

SJL: Chaos!

SJL: Blackout

SJL: Halo

or we can go In Your House style and have

SJL: Armed and Dangerous

Guest Ace309

Judging by my assessment of the upper card right now and the probably main event....

SJL: The Emperor Strikes Back!

And, of course, it's a given that you'd have to use the imperial march as the theme song.

Anythign emporer related... use the kickass reworking of the Imperial march that's on Galactic Battlegrounds. I've seen it tagged as Metallica's doing somewhere.

If there's a cage match on the card

SJL: No Escape! (Theme music "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins.. Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage)

Nothing to match Malice in Wonderland though. Hold the PPV at Disneyworld Studies where the old WCW tapings used to be! Dead In Hollywood by the Murderdolls as a theme tune?

Guest Goodear

I'm requesting stuff FOR NO GOOD REASON. Seriously, I'm just saying what I would book if I had the power. What other people want to do with themselves is, of course, much more important than what I say.

World Title Match

Ejiro vs. WildChild

- Just plain old wrestling match -

They've fought on scaffolds, in ladder matches, in first blood matches, in tag matches... but they have never just had a regular rules match. What excuse could Fasaki possibly have for losing strait up to WildChild?

Ultimate Fight

"The Barracuda" Johnny Dangerous vs. Fugue

-- Like Duh...

Number One Contender to the World Title Match

SJL European Champion Janus vs. Dace Night

* No Ropes barbed wire explosion match *

-- Elevation needs to happen soon if the people getting bumped are who I think they are. These two are the best of the new generation and should battle it out for a title shot. Plus you have that whole Mag 7 (kind of) vs. WDN thing going on... and these guys love their hardcore.

Tag Match!

Chris Card & Crow vs. Sharpe & IL

-- The whole Natasha thing is going somewhere... but where? This seems like a place to get a clue to me. Plus IL teams with Sharpe FOR NO REASON.

MVS vs. Spike vs. Rivenstone

-- Because ... uhmmm... MVS and Rivenstone were the only people Spike didn't challenge at Metal! He must be scared of them!

Guest Tod deKindes

Somebody needs to redo the Three Stages of Hell that TNT and I had before our bumpage. I still have that with me.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Johnny and Wildchild: You are NOT required to write the gauntlet match. If you finish the main event and have the time, go ahead. But if you no-show the main event, TBS will be a sad panda.

Guest Ash Ketchum

For the fellas in the Motor City Rumble:

I have NO idea which plant Strangler refers to, but if you want to add a touch of realism, the biggest one is the Ford plant down in River Rouge, which is just outside Detroit.

But don't write it into the match if you don't want. I'm just hookin' you up with some info if you need it.

And if for some reason you need any help figuring out the layout of a car plant (which you SHOULDN'T), feel free to PM me. I know these things. :)

Oh, and this card rules. Strangler=BOOKER SUPREME!!!

Guest Insanityman

Okay... there was been people accusing me of becoming lazy and being terribly, utterly unmotivated. Well, I somewhat agree. I figure I can't lie any longer and right now I am unmotivated. Basically some real life issues, everything is fine except for a case or two, that has really dragged me down. I will write for this show and then milk it for all it's worth at the PPV.

Good luck to all.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The PPV theme music should be "Ass N' Titties" by DJ Assault.

Carry on.

Guest realitycheck

For once in my life, I actually get one of Edwin's bizzare, obscure referances. Huzzah!

-Z

Guest Ace309

I suggest "SJL Taamo Homage," with a theme of "Kashmir" and a main event consisting of a 3-minute Tom Flesher highlight reel.

Number One Contender to the World Title Match

SJL European Champion Janus vs. Dace Night

* No Ropes barbed wire explosion match *

......dude. Ejiro hath the mad b00kz0ring sk1llz!!11!

Imagine the carnage. The pain. And the entertainment of beating the bloody hell out of each other. B-)

[Robocop]

Emil: I LIKE IT!

[/Robocop]

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Now, now, Johnny, we've already had a JL show called Blackout once...

...and you, of all people, should know that.

:)

It's still a cool name.

Hey Ejiro i got a match to add to your list.

I RESPECT YOU MATCH

Tony Hydra Vs. Funyon

Where the hell did this Tony Hydra guy come from, and just who in the hell does he think he is? Stepping all over Funyon's turf, and trying to show him up on the stick! None the less, Funyon HAS HAD ENOUGH!! Funyon is lacing up those boots for the first time in a very long time, and plans on taking Hydra to school!

Rules: Anything goes, there are no DQ's or countouts. In order to win one competitor must make his opponent say "I respect you" over the mic!

Sign in to follow this