TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit touring with Metallica

Guest The Man in Blak

Wow...a summer tour where Metallica's actually going to be mooching off of somebody else's name, instead it being vice versa as usual.

How the mighty have fallen.

Guest Scarlet Pimpernel

I forgave Metallica for Load and Re-Load, but this is unforgivable.

Guest hardyz1

So the real second album is finally on its way, eh? I'll have to search WinMX and see if that first single is on yet.

EDIT : I've been fooled. The song I found was a fake. It was the song "System" by Chester Bennington on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack.

Why the hell do people do that?

Also, I now have 666 posts.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I've actually heard that Limp Bizkit is a LIVE ONLY band, meaning that the live show is so good their shittiness is made up for (like Sevendust). So, I got nothing against Shrimp Dikzit opening for Metallica.

But...LINKIN PARK?!

Regardless, if they come through Worcester, I'm there. Right against the guardrail. Floor. Wait in line for 4 hours.

Damn, dude. This is a sad day for metal heads everywhere, far as I'm concerned. I was already all upset and shit on account of that spaceship blowin up without no good footage of flamin corpses and shit. Now I hear this. But, shit, if we could get Lincoln Park and Limp Biscuit interested in space exploration, that'd be bitchin. Like killin two nerds with one stone.

Guest The Amazing Rando

Corey took the words out of my mouth...

and yes...

Worst. Tour. Ever.....~!

Let's kill LP and LB....nOw...

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I'll now feel forever dirty listening to my Metallica records...

WHY LARS WHY?!?!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

deep breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I fucking love it.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Actually Metal Ed took the words out of my mouth. I mean it was the same idea, I probably would have had better syntax or whatever.

Guest Kinetic

I rarely voice complaints here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and let you insult Metal Ed's syntax.

Guest NoCalMike

Some devil worshipers should protest this tour citing, "put satan back into metal" on their picket signs......just to be a jackass.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Are you kidding? This is the most rockingest awesomest heaviest evilest illest tour in the history of metal, dood. I mean, it's got the almighty metallica, and some of the most hardcore motherfukkers this side of Korn, in Limp Bizkit and Linkin Logs.

I'd rather go amish than go to this concert, and that ain't no bullshit.

Guest converge241

"Regardless, if they come through Worcester, I'm there. "

itll be at Foxboro Corey

see

"Once we hit the summer we're going to do a stadium tour with Metallica and Limp Bizkit,"

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Foxboro has...what? A stadium with SEATS, right?

FUUUUUUUUUCK~!~!~!~!~!!~!~ SITTING DOWN AT A METALLICA SHOW SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY CRACKED SKULLS!!!

...how come no FUCKING GREAT bands ever play the Centrum anymore? Last fucking great band to come through the Centrum was Megadeth...

Guest converge241

hey at least gillette has the open floor like the arenas have done for the past few years

old bastards like me can sit in the seats with all the parents while you youngins tear it up on the field

Guest converge241

Its official:Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Mudvayne will come together for the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. The outting will kick off on July 4th. A confirmed tour schedule will be announced soon. The tour is set to hit the following cities: Minneapolis, St. Louis, Orlando, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Columbus, Montreal, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Detroit, Toronto, Washington /Baltimore and Chicago.

Metallica will release their as-of-yet untitled new effort in June/July. Limp Bizkit's latest, "Lessismore", is due out in May. Linkin Park will drop "Meteora" on March 25th.

Mudvayne motherfucker!!!

one more band still to be added

another press release:FOR IMMEDATE RELEASE

February 5th, 2003

METALLICA, LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK COMMITTED to the SANITARIUM

Rock fans rejoice! Three of the music world's greatest, most vital bands are joining forces for one of the most compelling tours in rock history, the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. Metallica, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park come together for this once-in-a-lifetime live extravaganza that will kick off this coming summer, with all 3 bands playing headline length sets. The 3 groups are also delivering new albums to coincide with this unprecedented juggernaut throughout the U.S. The Summer Sanitarium Tour is slated to officially begin on July 4th. Metallica's inaugural Summer Sanitarium tour - which trekked across the U.S. in a series of sold out shows in the summer of 2000 - was one of the most successful concert events of that year, and featured some of the biggest names in rock, including Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock and System Of A Down.

For Metallica, who will be delivering their first studio album in more than five years this summer, the tour will mark their first appearance on American stages since 2000's Summer Sanitarium run. With more than 85 million albums sold worldwide, and holding down gold or platinum certifications in more than 40 countries, Metallica enters their third decade at the top of their game, largely regarded as one of the most influential groups in music history. Since their inception in 1981 the group has broken countless records, garnered numerous awards including 6 Grammys and engaged in several history-charting performances, including a groundbreaking appearance with the San Francisco Symphony in 1999. Their much anticipated new disc - their 8th studio album - entitled St. Anger, will be in stores on June 10th and is their first studio release since 1997's Re-Load, which debuted at #1 in 12 countries around the world and has sold more than 12 million albums worldwide to date.

Limp Bizkit, led by multi-talented frontman Fred Durst burst on to the rock scene in 1997 with their masterpiece, Three Dollar Bill, Y'all$, and are credited with single-handedly re-invigorating the rock genre by changing the face of alternative and rock radio. Having sold 28 million albums worldwide with just 3 studio releases, their last studio album Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water, sold 13 million copies worldwide and is certified platinum in 33 countries. It is the only rock record in the history of Sound Scan to sell over 1 million copies in its first week of sales. The band's long awaited follow up, Lessismore is tentatively set to be released May of 2003.

Linkin Park became the biggest selling band of 2001 with more than 8 million albums sold for their acclaimed album Hybrid Theory. Hailed by critics and fans alike as one of rock's most important new forces, the band refuses to be pigeonholed as 'just' a rock band, describing their sound as a 'cross-section of many genres', including alternative rock, hip hop and electronic. For the past eighteen months Linkin Park has been hard at work on Meteora, their new album on Warner Bros. Records due March 25th, 2003. Produced by Don Gilmore and Linkin Park, Meteora features Linkin Park's new single 'Somewhere I Belong,' which will be released to radio in late February.

In addition, Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 is proud to announce Mudvayne to the line-up. The Peoria, Illinois, quartet are supporting their second album, The End of All Things To Come following the gold success of their debut L.D. 50.

In no particular order, here are the confirmed cities for Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. Specific dates to be confirmed later. Most of these shows will go on sale February 22nd. Stay tuned! (One more band still to be announced!!!)

Minneapolis

St. Louis

Orlando

Philadelphia

New York

Boston

Columbus

Montreal

Dallas

Houston

Seattle

Denver

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Detroit

Toronto

Washington /Baltimore

Chicago

the new album is called Saint Anger?!?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I say we, converge, send TONS upon TONS upon TONS of e-mails and letters to Metallica to try and persuade them to get SHADOWS FALL on the bill...

Okay, so the lineup is...

Suckvayne

LiN*SYNC Park

Shrimp Dikzit

...I have to suffer through all of them to hear "The Four Horsemen" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" and "Bleeding Me" live...

...the things I'll do out of loyalty...

Guest converge241

"...I have to suffer through all of them to hear "The Four Horsemen" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" and "Bleeding Me" live..."

7 words

Fight Fire With Fire and Creeping Death

nothin wrong with the tracks you mentioned though

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Who cares what the new album is called?! I've downloaded demo's from it ("A Time To Hate," "Serenade Of Fire" parts 1 and 2, and some other tune I forget the title of), and I'd describe it as a blend of The Black Album and Kill 'Em All in some of its sounds.

**marks June 10th down**

Guest Choken One

I might go out of respect for Pre-Black album stuff but I'm betting they do all NEW CRAP entire black album and Fade to Black as always...Bizkit...I hear they actually rock live...I don't care...I can take a 2 hour shit. L.P....They should bring nice looking 15 olds for me sexually assualt during the concert...

MudVayne...Eh...There is a novelty I'd like to laugh at.

Guest converge241

"and I'd describe it as a blend of The Black Album and Kill 'Em All in some of its sounds."

see when magazines and what not say stuff like that..it's always BS (saying ti sounds like old stuff)

coming from you I believe it