TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vitriol

Promo - New Age Sherwood.

Guest vitriol

It is a bright, sunny day with not a cloud in the sky as we fade in from black to view a panoramic stretch of a lush, green park. As we look around it, there doesn’t appear to be many people wandering through it...in fact, it seems to be dense with trees and foliage, and may have been artificially created to model something in the centuries beforehand. A few birds chirp, and as the sun grazes down through a few blank areas of the treetops, shooting onto the ground, the sound of pine needles and twigs cracking brings our attention to something else within the forest. Out of the corner of the screen appears our hero, young Tristan Whitt. And so he turns to us, and address us he does.

“Hello there! As you may or may not know, my name is Tristan Whitt, and I am a newcomer around here. What you might not know, however, is that I am a figure of legend in England. Perhaps you’ve heard of me....Robin Hood, anyone? Right. Well anyway, As I clearly cannot abide in Sherwood Forest as of now, I have altered this already existing quote-unquote “park” as I have heard it called, and made it into a make-shift home away from home. It’s cozy...I do miss home, but this is a nice half-way house. What’s this??”

Tristan makes an about face, and sees someone coming. He starts to panic, spinning in a few circles before he decides to climb a tree. The only problem, however, is that the tree he decides to climb is very thick, with very few limbs. As he struggles to get up the tree, he realizes that the effort is futile...so he leaps off of the tree, diving into a bush a few feet away.

“My lord, it’s one of Nottingham’s minions! I must take him captive!”

Turning, the camera catches a glance of a city police officer slowly walking up and into the park, looking around with nothing but confusion written on his face. “What the hell happened here?” He keeps looking around, stretching out his baton to move aside some of the fake foliage in curiosity. “Hmm...maybe I should call for back-up. This looks like something weird is about to happen.”

Premonition!

A voice calls out from the bushes. “Don’t do that!”

“Hmm? Is someone there?”

The police officer begins walking closer to the bushes, which aren’t very thick, and he can see right through them at Tristan.

“No, nobody...alright then, go away.”

The officer looks through right at Tristan, catching his eye...he’s about 4 feet away from him now, talking right to him.

“Alright then, if nobody is here, I guess I’ll just be on my way...”

“Good!”

The officer shakes his head as he turns around, reaching for his radio as he walks a few feet in the opposite direction of Tristan. Suddenly, Tristan jumps to his feet and poses with his hands on his hips as he stares toward the upper right corner of the forest. “Hah! I have fooled you, fiend! What is that speaking box of trickery that you hold before me?!”

“Uh...it’s called a radio. I think I should call someone to come pick you up. Are you feeling alright?”

“Ahah! You cannot trick me, for I am the Legendary Robin Hood!

“...right then. I’ll call for a pick-up.”

Tristan panics. As the officer is about to make the call, Tryst grabs an arrow out of his quiver and quickly moves with his bow to strike the officer. Once in position, he calls out to him. “Don’t move.” The officer glances at him but doesn’t stop moving, and Tryst lets the arrow fly...it screams through the air, striking the radio and causing a small explosion. The cop tosses it away as soon as he can, and begins to yell at Tristan.

“What the hell is wrong with you?! That’s it, you’re going to jail you psycho!”

The cop starts chasing after Tristan, but knowing the “forest” much better than the cop, he easily eludes him...and leads him directly into a trap! Tristan leads him down a path and leaps over a particular spot...the officer doesn’t, and is ensnared in a net that pulls him right into the air, hanging about 20 feet over the ground. An automatic wire trips a mini-crossbow set up in the next tree, and it shoots the officer right in the ass!

“AHHHHH!!!!!”

“Nottingham shall not capture me on this day, my good fellow.”

“Nottingham? Man, you’re delusional!”

“Oh, am I? Then why do you bear the mark of the law, which is enforced by none other than that wretched Sheriff of Nottingham? You cannot deny it. Hah! You are caught.”

The officer just sighs and gives up trying to get away as we....fade to black.

Guest Thoth

I think any doubts about you have been dispelled with this promo. Anyone else feel a Cyclome Comet vibe?

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. This has the potential to be one of the most entertaining JL gimmicks of all time. I can't wait to read this guy's first match. Good luck, Tryst.

Guest Tyler McClelland

BAHAHAHAHA!!

This this is really Comet?

- TM

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I am interested in your product and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Guest Lightning Flik

*roflmaoirl*

OMG!!! That was hilarious! Pure genius! Hell, not a just a referee, I wouldn't want to be against this dude!

Guest kelloggs

Raynor may just be right! I love out there gimmicks. Their promo's are always quality much like this one.

I feel the need.

The need.

For speed.

Oh, and this promo. Just to provide all you young ones some insight into the character of Tryst. Classic promo this.

Sign in to follow this