Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

The One and Only TNA Week 31 Thread

Guest CoreyLazarus416

So far, the card (as I know it) is:

8-Man X-Division Match

...that's all I know...

Guest Space_Cowboy

Hopefully Kash wins the X Title. I don't like him that much, but it's past time to get the belt away from Siaki, the X Division's been at it's worst with him as champ. Have Kash win and let Siaki move on to something else.

Guest Nanks

Official NWATNA.com preview:

The NWA World Tag Titles were held up last week after the melee that ensued during the match between The New Church and XXX. Several teams are looking to get involved in the title hunt, including The Rock & Roll Express, America’s Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm), The Harris Brothers, Disciples of the New Church (Slash & Brian Lee), and XXX. Wrestlers and fans alike await an announcement over what is to happen to decide new champions.

Jeff Jarrett had agreed to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against AJ Styles, but based on what happened last week, it's doubtful the match will take place this Wednesday. Both men will be on hand, however, and footage of the brutal beating that Jeff Jarrett suffered after the show went off the air last week will be shown on this pay-per-view. You can be sure that Jarrett and Styles won’t take their injuries laying down. Both have sworn revenge and are thirsting for Vince Russo’s blood!

And speaking of Russo, the NWA is bringing in a new representative this week who will address all of the chaos caused by Vince Russo's S.E.X. organization. Traditionalists are hoping that law and order is restored to Total Nonstop Action and that the legacy of wrestlers past will be vindicated.

Eight-Man X Match: David Young, Tony Mamaluke, Jimmy Rave, Shark Boy, SAT, and PAUL LONDON!

The finest in the X Division square off for superiority! Paul London, the highly talked-about Northeast sensation, makes his debut with NWA TNA and is set to show the world why he is the wrestling’s most sought-after free-agent. And with one more opponent yet to be named - this will surely surpass the previous mat classics of this group!

X-Title Match: Sonny Siaki (with Desire) vs. Kid Kash (with Trinity)

It has come to this for these two men – for weeks, they’ve been trading barbs and blows. Now they meet with the X belt on the line. And who could forget the women in their respective corners? These two, as well, have ended up tangling on several occasions now. This one leaves us all wondering who we’ll be watching more!

Grudge Match: BG James, Mike Sanders, & David Flair vs. Jorge Estrada, Truth, and Tenacious Z

Estrada, The Truth and Tenacious Z are fed up with S.E.X. As the young forces behind the NWA, they are stepping forward to reclaim the pride of professional wrestlers. And what better way than to target the very men who have made targets of them!

All this and MORE Wednesday night!!!

Nanks' notes:

Siaki v Kid Kash will simply suck. Siaki is shit, he's so massively overated and Trinity has been trying to carry Desire for weeks now with not much luck. I just pray they pull something out of the bag, maybe given a bit of time, and they put the strap on Kash.

It'll be interesting to see how the 8 man X match goes, and how good this Paul London guy is. David Young's so-so, Mamaluke's much the same. I reckon Shark Boy is just shit and I haven't seen Rave. The SAT have been blowing spots left, right and centre. I reckon the extra entrant will be Jason Cross, if his hand's right. Other than London & Cross this match will serve little other purpose besides a Konnan run in, hopefully with a couple of luchadores.

The Truth has 4 terrible wrestlers and a one-legged 19 year old to carry in the 6 man grudge match. I don't think he's quite up to it. Jerry Lynn should be in the match to further their upcoming feud.

The Tag Title stuff has potential if the Harris Bros. and the R & R Express stay out of it, I think XXX are in Japan though, so who knows what they'll do with the belts.

I want to see Rhodes v Koloff get back on, don't know why, just do. That just went away for no reason.

Sounds like another old-timer will be rocking up this week, who knows which one this time. As I posted the other day Percy Pringle is due back soon with someone to manage, don't think it'll be this week coz they're advertising this NWA representative as "new".

Less Russo this week please, last week was way too much brawling and shit promos, TNA's been sliding, this needs to be good. But it probably won't be.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I predict Lynn to be the one joining SEX tonight. Why else wouldn't he be in the match?

I hope the folks ordering this week keep this thread going with PBP, because I'm not ordering after last week's crapfest.

Guest Space_Cowboy

If the Harris Brothers come anywhere near the Tag Titles i'll vomit, they really need some new non-shit teams other than the New Church and AMW.

Guest Zack Malibu

Good lord the 6 man is going to be a horrible mishmash of talent:

BG James-Outside of dancing punches (which the lardass can barely do these days) and his pumphandle slam, he can do nothing.

Mike Sanders-average worker, but his personality shines over his work. Can at least hold a crowd's interest.

David Flair-his offbeat WCW persona was a guilty pleasure of mine, but the boy just can't work no matter what.

Jorge Estrada-if he hits he's spots, he's passable. When he's off, he's OFF. It seems every week there is a complaint about him.

The Truth-Again, as with Sanders, his personality will maintain interest, but he's only had above average matches, nothing special. The match with Jarrett for the belt has been his pinnacle.

Tenacious Z-The kid is tremendous for pulling off what he can with his handicap. However, putting him in the ring with James and Flair is a big no-no. I've heard he can go aerial, why not put him with the X Divison guys, and have Jerry Lynn in this match?

Guest Space_Cowboy

I don't know how they could make the 6-man Grudge Match and think it would be anything other than crap. Not only will the in-ring stuff suck with the likes of Estrada, Flair and James in there, but unless Sanders busts out the "HEY~!" the crowd will probably be dead for it as well.

Guest RedJed

They need to get the X belt off Siaki, and NOW.

Not really lookin forward to the show tonight after last week, but oh well, of course I still get it tonight

On a quick side note, just watched the end of last week again while setting up my tape to record, I swear to god maybe 3 people max in that arena popped when Jarrett unmasked. How sad

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hennig tribute to start. They put a chair in the ring with his picture on it and a pair of wrestling boots and a towel and rang the bell ten times.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Then they show JJ getting whipped after the show last week. It's actually a pretty good visual angle but I doubt it will lead to anything anyway

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Tenay says that Bob Armstrong has taken a leave of abscence because the S.E.X. stuff has gotten out of hand. Then they bring out JJ Dillon to replace him. And here comes Russo already.

Guest RedJed

Not really wanting to see Dillon in the company (he's going to make the oldschool side look bad likely) but the interaction with Dillon and Russo is going to be interesting, they do both have legit heat from what I understand.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I guess so. I don't know that he can be worse than Bob Armstrong...as I couldn't really understand what he was saying half the time.

Guest RedJed

This stuff here is going way overboard the knowledge of the average fan. They got to be careful here, for awhile they were doing good at getting the same point across without adding in smartmark lingo, but this is.....

SANDMAN??!!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...

If Sandman is used just to come out and beat on people when their promos take to long...he's a keeper

Guest RedJed

Ohhh a new dancer, and she's beyond fine.

There was a few gals in the crowd they focused on too that were smokin too. Who would have thought.......at a wrestling show, in Nashville no less?

Keep Gibson out of this match and it should be alright.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There is a tourney to crown new tag champs. the winner of the tourney will face XXX for the tag titles (because they'll be overseas until then).

First match is AMW vs. Rock N Roll Express

That's on now.

The other match is New Church vs. the Harris brothers.

Guess the SATs just get screwed over, huh?

Guest RedJed
Look at Don West bringing the Raven/Sandman continuity!

I'd mark out like crazy if they made that the main event tonight. Talk about the right nostalgia factor.

Guest RedJed
Guess the SATs just get screwed over, huh?

What about the Road Warriors too? I wonder if they are even with the company anymore, haven't heard from them in about 3 weeks.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This company doesn't do main events anymore.

I'm sure that AMW will win this, so I really hope New Church wins their match.

I could watch one more AMW vs. Church match leading to one of them vs. XXX. However, I get the feeling that the Harris boys will win tonight.

Guest RedJed

Yeah I forgot the main event every week lately is a swerve or a surprise run-in by someone.

Nice tribute to Hennig there, classy

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Harris wins it with the Perfect Plex. That was a nice touch.

Match was meh, but watchable due to AMW ruling.

Guest RedJed

They GOTTA make that match tonight, with this buildup. I know Raven said he will be wrestling this week on WOL on Sunday, so hopefully this is the plan.

And here comes the shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Time for Harris Boys (you know...I don't think Ron is all that bad. But Don is terrible) vs. New Church (who I think are good)